• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT6| I will not allow you to leave this thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

lilty

Hey guys just wondering, what ranking do I need to get in order to get Onyx in The Arena? I played it for the first time today since launch and it was laughable. I think I got 2 Rampages and ended up with a rating of 1684 or something like that. Just want to get Onyx at least once before Halo 4 drops.

Look what I recieve if I pre-order the game in GameStop (Spain).

Giveaway294.jpg

http://www.gamestop.es/SearchResult/QuickSearch?q=halo+4
Did you preorder the limited edition? They have them at Mediamarkt (they have no extra stuff afaik, just an armor skin).

Edit: thinking about preordering at Gsmestop... that thing looks beast.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Op_ivy's also been here forever, and DopeyFish still posts in gaming side Halo threads, then the list of people who are still around starts to dwindle down with people like urk, Voc, and kittens joining in '05-'06, then there was a big 2007 burst within 6 months or so with Dani, Cocopjojo, Striker, and you and I.

You and I were approved a lot closer together than I had figured, I would have pegged you as being way ahead of me--I was more than happy to just lurk the billion Halo 3 threads leading up to launch (sans the best Halo thread ever created). Crazy how few of the old guard guys are still regulars.

Woo someone remembers I exist \o/

u4iX

How do you feel that you singlehandedly just gave a small adrenaline shot to the shadowrun online community?

I'll probably get a RTTP thread up in the gaming side in the next couple of days after I get the game, unless one of you wants to do it.

I love it. The game does so many things right, in fact, perfect.

I've based a lot of my theories of game design and how I look at games off of Shadowrun, a game that was playtested for 3 years with only multiplayer and never got boring.

I'm excited to get back from my final exam in Sports and Society in Ancient Greece and Rome to pop my disc in and play some bot matches!

Ryaaan14

Banned
I remember asking this in the last OT, but I don't think I ever got an answer. Is the Carbine automatic now or still semi-auto? Looks like it has a slower ROF which makes it LOOK automatic.

I love it. The game does so many things right, in fact, perfect.

I've based a lot of my theories of game design and how I look at games off of Shadowrun, a game that was playtested for 3 years with only multiplayer and never got boring.

I'm excited to get back from my final exam in Sports and Society in Ancient Greece and Rome to pop my disc in and play some bot matches!

So even against Bots, it's still satisfying? If so, this might be something to look into.

Not nearly as good against bots, no. With all the gameplay variables involved, it makes the AI look pretty stupid much of the time. As I recall it can still be really hard, but in a silly sort of way.

Thanks for the info :)

Nando13

This gave me two discoveries. You also get the forest camo and I figured out that bosque meant 'forest.' I had forgotten that.

Now Vicente Del Bosque has an AWESOME name.

Headset + BR Artic camo + Forest camo for armor. You were right.

Did you preorder the limited edition? They have them at Mediamarkt (they have no extra stuff afaik, just an armor skin).

Edit: thinking about preordering at Gsmestop... that thing looks beast.

Yes, only 10 more euros than standar edition. And GAME just give a coffe cup (Im not joking).

Hey guys just wondering, what ranking do I need to get in order to get Onyx in The Arena? I played it for the first time today since launch and it was laughable. I think I got 2 Rampages and ended up with a rating of 1684 or something like that. Just want to get Onyx at least once before Halo 4 drops.
Excellent Rating. Keep playing for a week or 2 with a rating of 14/15 thousand at least and you'll be Onyx.

So even against Bots, it's still satisfying? If so, this might be something to look into.

Not nearly as good against bots, no. With all the gameplay variables involved, it makes the AI look pretty stupid much of the time. As I recall it can still be really hard, but in a silly sort of way.

Korosenai

Shadowrun is $9.97 on amazon right now, and if you subscribe to the free month of amazon prime, you can get it with free two day shipping.

Shadowrun is $9.97 on amazon right now, and if you subscribe to the free month of amazon prime, you can get it with free two day shipping.

Amazon Prime is quite possibly one of the best investments I've made. As someone who purchases primarily from them due to lack of sales tax, the fast shipping is really a great perk.

That's great to hear Squid!

Can you elaborate on the physical design part, do you mean the verticality of the map or corridors etc?
Unlike Countdown, the corridors aren't the problem I thought they would be (yay, actual mobility!). I mentioned it before, but there are a few (two, I think) dead spots in the middle of the map on the bottom floor. It looks like they could actually go somewhere (I actually mistook them for the lift, iirc), but when you get up to them you realize they are just lit up corners (image). I found it really odd to have that kind of dead space in the middle of a map. It could have easily been me being really inexperience with the layout, but I got caught in that spot at least twice and racked up a couple of kills from other people doing what I did.

Does Shadowrun have bots I can learn the game with, or do I have to go through an embarrassing beating by real people?
Anyone?

Unlike Countdown, the corridors aren't the problem I thought they would be (yay, actual mobility!). I mentioned it before, but there are a few (two, I think) dead spots in the middle of the map on the bottom floor. It looks like they could actually go somewhere (I actually mistook them for the lift, iirc), but when you get up to them you realize they are just lit up corners (image). I found it really odd to have that kind of dead space in the middle of a map. It could have easily been me being really inexperience with the layout, but I got caught in that spot at least twice and racked up a couple of kills from other people doing what I did.

Ah thanks, yep, that does seem really weird.

Yall. 119 days.

I vote in celebration of 117 days on Thursday we get a massive customs game going that evening.

Hmmm, I wonder if I can get this one early again, I hope so, just to shove it in Xand's face again.

Wow, this video also has some nice gameplay of Longbow, and damn does that map look fun. It seems to be a weird hybrid of old school BTB maps and Reach BTB maps, but even so it looks nice.

On the subject of armor customization, I have to say Im happy with what that shows for the chest pieces. They seems to be big changes rather than small accessories, which was a flaw with a lot of Reach's options. Its hard to call it yet, but maybe the customization will stand out more in 4 than it did in Reach.

ASSaSSiNAtion look good.

igO443VU3VSR8.gif

Slower gifs.

Yeah, holy hell thats sexy. Also, Im loving that helmet.

10 Year RvB Collection Pre-Order: $180
http://roosterteeth.com/store/product.php?id=322

Also, I joined because Waypoint went to hell.

I want that. Its way out of my price range, but Ill have to put that on my 'eventually' list.

Any clue what the Halo 4 avatar item may be? Halo 4 MC armor maybe? I would love to finally get a set of it, haha.

Deja-vu with the video at the beginning, I swear they put out something very similar.. but even so, nice footage. Im liking Adrift more each time I see it.

Didn't post during all the RTX reveals and stuff, but forge looks a lot better than it did in Reach. I'm really looking forward to playing on forge maps in Halo 4.

u4iX

If you guys are all getting Shadowrun, let me know, send me a message on XBL to "u4iX."

I can try and get some custom lobbies going and explain the game while we play and answer questions to bring you guys up to speed as fast as possible. <3

I remember someone (I think in one of the MLG interviews or dev commentaries) saying it's automatic now like the NR that you can just hold the trigger down and hold your reticle on the person.

That sounds like as much of a confirmation as anything. I can see that being changed, though, especially if the Carbine is going to be rebalanced. It seemed to be the favorite weapon of those who got to use it.

heckfu

Banned
If you guys are all getting Shadowrun, let me know, send me a message on XBL to "u4iX."

I can try and get some custom lobbies going and explain the game while we play and answer questions to bring you guys up to speed as fast as possible. <3

That'd be awesome! I'll need help.

Will you be available tonight around 9 pm CST?

We get it – smartphones and tablets are getting all the new titles – they're "what's hot.” The console market is pushing developers away. We’ve seen a brain drain: some of the best, most creative gamemakers are focused on mobile and social games because those platforms are more developer-friendly.
what in the fuck?

also

I think...I think I need to play Shadowrun.
count me in. I love Shadowrun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom