• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT8| A Salt on the Control Room

Fuchsdh

If Reach was truly a bad game, I certainly wouldn't be playing it, and I don't think most people here would either.

Hyperbole's bad, guys.

TheOddOne

Interview With Halo Waypoint And Certain Affinity: Halo 4 Forge
What options are available to players to give their maps a unique look or feel?

The big change in Halo 4 is that there are now three Forge environments instead of a single Forge World map (each of these environments is different in terms of aesthetic and geographical theme). Outside of maps, all the ways to modify aesthetics in Reach remain in Halo 4 – lighting, special fx, etc. as well as an expanded palette of Forge building pieces.

Halo: Reach is a bad video game, and that's why I spend my days playing Darksiders 2 and trying to get into random chicks' pants. Life is too short to be spent playing mediocre Halos.

How is Darksiders 2? I've heard mixed reviews.

It doesn't have a single original gameplay idea. You can trace everything about it back to the source. The dungeons and overworld is from Zelda, the combat is flashy and accessible like GoW, the platforming/rewind mechanic after failure is from PoP: SoT, the loot system is definitely Diablo.

But when they're all so executed this well, with pacing this good, an art style this great, and a Jesper Kydd soundtrack this engaging, it really doesn't matter that it's a Gaming's Greatest Hits collection. Originality is overrated when you look this good singing everybody's hits. It's like the world's prettiest, best cover artist.

How's the random girls pants? I've heard mixed reviews.

Mixed is a good way to put it, more then you realize

405179_401168969945973_1458657343_n.jpg
By Daniel @StoneyProps

Overdoziz

Banned
Halo 3 sucks? It's not only the best FPS ever made, but it's a serious contender for the best game ever made.

AR starts
Isolation
Epitaph
Shield doors
Regenerator
Bubble shield
BR spread
Bullet travel time
Netcode
AR starts
Snowbound
Team duals
Flare
Lone Wolves
Elites
Spartan Laser
AR+melee
The Pit attic
Radar jammer
AR starts

a zoojoo

Banned
AR starts
Isolation
Epitaph
Shield doors
Regenerator
Bubble shield
BR spread
Bullet travel time
Netcode
AR starts
Snowbound
Team duals
Flare
Lone Wolves
ElitesThey were in Halo 2 :p
Spartan Laser
AR+melee
The Pit attic
Radar jammer
AR starts

Fixed for you, it was pretty right on though.

AR starts
Isolation
Epitaph
Shield doors
Regenerator
Bubble shield
BR spread
Bullet travel time
Netcode
AR starts
Snowbound
Team duals
Flare
Lone Wolves
Elites
Spartan Laser
AR+melee
The Pit attic
Radar jammer
AR starts
It had "The Covenant" level in campaign, solidly cementing its place as one of the best shooters this gen.

kylej

Banned
I feel like I've posted this video before (probably because it's biblical) but Halo could really use an announcer - as a optional toggle - that commentates on specific actions in a match ala Q3A. I don't need the guy to tell say "assassination" when I'm killing somebody. I know I'm assassinating them, I held a button behind them and giant white text is in the middle of my screen telling me. Instead have the guy say "Holy shit" when we cap with 2 seconds left or "Humiliation" when you out DMR somebody with no shields or "Impressive!" when you no-scope someone. Stuff that makes you feel like a boss instead of regurgitating the obvious.

Like this - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a9jJjeNDl5A&t=1m43s

The dude is shitting and the announcer is lauding him the whole time instead of saying boring terms like "Double Kill" and "Killing Spree".

Ken

I feel like I've posted this video before (probably because it's biblical) but Halo could really use an announcer - as a optional toggle - that commentates on specific actions in a match ala Q3A. I don't need the guy to tell say "assassination" when I'm killing somebody. I know I'm assassinating them, I held a button behind them and giant white text is in the middle of my screen telling me. Instead have the guy say "Holy shit" when we cap with 2 seconds left or "Humiliation" when you out DMR somebody with no shields or "Impressive!" when you no-scope someone. Stuff that makes you feel like a boss instead of regurgitating the obvious.

Like this - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a9jJjeNDl5A&t=1m43s

The dude is shitting and the announcer is lauding him the whole time instead of saying boring terms like "Double Kill" and "Killing Spree".

Does not belong in the professional and mature environment of competitive Halo.

tee hee

nillapuddin

Halo 3 Regen, man, jeeze

I am praying to the shiny bald head of the halo gods that however the (regen) works,
it doesnt completely make me want to kill myself

If Reach was truly a bad game, I certainly wouldn't be playing it, and I don't think most people here would either.

Hyperbole's bad, guys.

Agree, agree, agree. I mean, Armor Lock and bloom are bad, but they're sort of the exceptions that prove the rule. Reach is a good game with some bad additions.

Top Bottom