• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach Beta Thread

Popeck

LukeSmith said:
Yeah, no.

LT Grenades
LB Jump
RB Melee
RT Guns
X Armor Ability
Y Swap Weapons
B Action/Reload
A Switch Grenades

Thanks for the correction. Guess I should've taken a closer look. Don't hate me!

NOKYARD

Tashi0106 said:
:lol True, and if you ask me, it seems as though the best HaloGAF players play Default. It might be time to switch back n00bs :p
I got used to using 2 or 3 different button layouts at a time depending on the situation. Default for MM and speed running, Bumper Jumper for speed runs using a Ghost (pressing Jump makes you turn faster and land softer), Boxer for Campaign and Grifball, and Walkie-Talkie for live Grifball and BTB games (before party chat). I always wished i could use Bumper Jumper for all of the above but the bumpers on my controllers are way too mushy for time-sensitive uses like jumping or melee. My ideal setup for Reach would be Default, with RB and LT (melee & grenades) swapped, but i will adjust to whatever they provide since i will be equally shitty with any of the button layouts.

Someone needs to make a xbox approved controller with the bumpers under the triggers (index finger on the trigger, middle finger on the bumper), larger A B X Y buttons on the back of the controller, and built-in button mapping to eliminate manual-multi-tasking!

and, for my upcoming move i was updating email addresses on all of my website accounts and found that my account here has been active since February 25, 2007.
I could have been annoying you guys for years! :D

LordAlu

Scanned through the pages and didn't notice this so I'm gonna ask :D

In terms of downloading and running the beta, this is obviously achieved through ODST (in the same way that the Halo 3 beta was downloaded via Crackdown). Will the download be made available a few days early, and then made actually accessible on May 3rd?

For example, a title update to ODST on say April 30th enables the option to download the beta - this options remains like this throughout the weekend to allow people to download it at their lesuire ready for the big go. If you already have the beta downloaded the button just asks you to redownload (similar to when you get something off the Marketplace).

Then when May 3rd comes along, another title update to ODST alters the button to say Play and this then runs the already downloaded beta (or still says Download if you haven't yet downloaded it) so you're ready to rock straight away.

I just want to avoid the (almost) inevitable failure of XBox LIVE to deal with the mass downloading at exactly the same time on one day, resulting in tens, if not hundreds of thousands of people venting their frustration at being unable to get the beta.

Would this be plausible? Anything to streamline the experience and help prevent any possible frustration and anger would be a good thing for both Microsoft and Bungie (as no doubt Bungie will get blamed for some mystical reason!).

Natakuu

Banned
So has there been any discussion on how Invasion is balanced between Spartans and Elites? I understand that the Elites are bigger and therefore easy to shoot but they have a lot of advantages over Spartans. I can see how Generator Defense is balanced with the Spartans having the better starting point and/or weapons, but that doesn't seem to be the case in Invasion. The Elites get plenty of great weapons from the looks of it.. Is the 'balancing' factor simply that the Spartans only have to stop them in one tier to win?

Just wondering if anybody had any ideas or the devs had commented on this anywhere.

JMizzlin

Best. Vidoc. Ever.

Hilarious and informative, good blend.

So many questions... Elites vs Elites? What map is it at 3:06?

EazyB

Banned
Now that's a vidoc!

The Luke's were fucking hilarious.

Got the HD version downloading gotta get another look at that purple map.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Noticed a new medal or two and a few new assignations, so sweet! Also getting the HD version for extra lovin'.

Really dig the lighting and how it interacts with the player models up close too.

I honestly think I've rarely been as excited for a retail product as I am for this beta.

Vidoc demands HD download links so I can freezeframe and glory.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Best ViDoc ever?
Also, GIF of Froman making a Hadoken. ASAP. I think it needs to be in reverse though. :lol Fuckin amazing vidoc

EazyB

Banned
262pfs0.jpg

img-cgi.jpg

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Easy already posted what may be a new map, so here's new medals.

Headcase

vlcsnap-2010-04-22-10h34m09s146.png

Something? Dunno (before Revenge)

vlcsnap-2010-04-22-10h34m32s123.png

Closecall!

vlcsnap-2010-04-22-10h34m40s208.png

Opportunist!

vlcsnap-2010-04-22-10h35m06s194.png

Top Bottom