• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo Reach E3 Trailer [M-CONF]

vhfive

NullPointer said:
Nothing has been announced, but we *know* cool stuff is coming in Forge. That's been said already.
I have full confidence that forge 2.0 is going to be awesome but I was just commenting on the fact that we don't know anything right now.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
NullPointer said:
Nothing has been announced, but we *know* cool stuff is coming in Forge. That's been said already.

Folks have a varying range of expectations from the modest to the impossible. No point getting into these at length but pinning down what fans are expecting is rather difficult.

The fact is, if Bungie is either overhauling Forge completely, simply adding a few extra options or something in between, they've kept quiet on this particular front up to now. And either way, concerning publicity and marketing, even if it was a modest set of enhancements they'd have to spin it positively least they slow down or de-rail the unstoppable hype train.

We know sweet FA really. No one here could list a single confirmed Reach Forge feature.

I'm expecting Bungie to go out with Forge 2.0 - it makes sense if you look what how they're expanding other areas of the game.

The only glimmer of Forge we've seen is through the April Fool's Vidoc for the fake Chess mode. I think it's littered with hints about new options, a new level and features. If you look past the obvious joke.

vhfive said:
I' trying not to get to excited about Forge 2.0 but every time I look at my notebook full of maps I have drawn out on graph paper I get excited about all the possibilities that might be in it. I know that it can't possibly have everything I want so I try to keep my expectations as low as possible.
Nerd!!!!!!
Oh wait, I do that too.
Captain Blood said:
Indian Ocean. Not Even Close To Present Day.
Is Noble6 gonna be flying a cargo plane out of Hong Kong full of rubber dog shit?:D
Dax01 said:
Yep. The controls for the warthog in CE are too loose.
Personal opinion. I really enjoyed how flippy floppy (can i say that?) the warthog was in CE. And as for all the discussion on the banshee, I really wish aerial combat was confined to campaign only. I just don't think it should be in a FPS to begin with. It does not jive with the flow of the game and that has always been a pet peeve of mine. I want to focus on ground combat and not have take my attention away to look up in the sky. ANGRY!!!

vhfive

Deputy Moonman said:
Personal opinion. I really enjoyed how flippy floppy (can i say that?) the warthog was in CE. And as for all the discussion on the banshee, I really wish aerial combat was confined to campaign only. I just don't think it should be in a FPS to begin with. It does not jive with the flow of the game and that has always been a pet peeve of mine. I want to focus on ground combat and not have take my attention away to look up in the sky. ANGRY!!!
I feel the same way about aerial combat in multiplayer (stay out plz).
I think the banshee in ODST controlled the best out of the series. The reason being that bungie didn't have to worry about nerfing it for MP. They were able to focus on just making it fun.

Wiggum2007

Deputy Moonman said:
Personal opinion. I really enjoyed how flippy floppy (can i say that?) the warthog was in CE

Yeah, I prefer the handling in CE by far, it actually felt like it had some weight to it unlike the RC-car warthogs in the sequels.

I don't like how the new Warthog handles. Ever since Halo 2, Bungie has been making the Warthog slower and less fun to drive. This is still the case in Reach

Hai guyz.

Deputy Moonman said:
Is Noble6 gonna be flying a cargo plane out of Hong Kong full of rubber dog shit?:D

TopGun_inverted_mig.jpg

:lol
Away from HaloGAF for the weekend, only to see the RB aftermath. Little scary in there.

But anyway, thinking about taking the 14th off for Reach. I only have so many vacation days left, so it's weighing it up and down between Halo and other vacation options.
Loved my 9 hour sit-down for H3, but also enjoyed playing ODST in sessions...
Got my Legendary pre-order in, hope there's enough demand for a Midnight opening either way.

EazyB

Banned
Zeouterlimits said:
Away from HaloGAF for the weekend, only to see the RB aftermath. Little scary in there.
That thread was a mess. As OT as we get we're never that bad and our OPs are always managed by crazies that update it all the time. Hopping between threads has been kinda bothersome but manageable. It'd be nice if the OPs listed all the other active Halo threads though.

Zeouterlimits said:
But anyway, thinking about taking the 14th off for Reach. I only have so many vacation days left, so it's weighing it up and down between Halo and other vacation options.
Loved my 9 hour sit-down for H3, but also enjoyed playing ODST in sessions...
You could've beaten ODST during your lunch break.

EazyB said:
:lol
EazyB tollin'.
Pun intended, of course.
Was fine with ODST's length, just remove the stupid stupid stupid, god damn "Uh-we-better-do something flashy, guess we'll throw in this Scarab" encounter. Ugh. Low-light of the game of me, was actively saddened when I realised that they'd thrown one in.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
EazyB said:
That thread was a mess. As OT as we get we're never that bad and our OPs are always managed by crazies that update it all the time. Hopping between threads has been kinda bothersome but manageable. It'd be nice if the OPs listed all the other active Halo threads though.

I just sub to all of them to make it easier on myself, I assumed everyone was just doing that.

Sai-kun

Banned
EazyB said:

:lol :lol Yes. So true.

Also for some reason the BWU thread keeps disappearing off my subscribe list, even though I've posted twice and have auto-subscribe on. >:| WTF.

Trasher

Sai-kun said:
:lol :lol Yes. So true.

Also for some reason the BWU thread keeps disappearing off my subscribe list, even though I've posted twice and have auto-subscribe on. >:| WTF.
It must not be worthy.

GhaleonEB

Stormtrooper30 said:
Yea I'm confused. Which thread is the real HaloGAF thread? I need mah super thread.
There is none, and unless I've misread Evilore's posts, there will not be one until seven days before Reach ships, when I post the |OT|.

We'll need to make new threads for significant news events as they occur until then. I'll post the annual Bungie Day thread per tradition (four years running now, woo), since that's likely to generate some goodies to discuss. Out side of that, I'm not sure where the best place is to discuss the BWU threads. Maybe have a master Bungie Weekly Update thread, for discussion? I could send a note to Evilore if you would like.
Dax01 said:
Wouldn't that just result in another super thread? I'll gladly post a thread for each BWU every week.
Go for it. That's what we used to do before megathread syndrome took over. Might as well have a new thread to discuss the BWU and the events of the week, unless major news occurs (new vidoc, feature reveal, etc.). HaloGAF can just migrate from one weekly thread to another or as events require.

GhaleonEB said:
There is none, and unless I've misread Evilore's posts, there will not be one until seven days before Reach ships, when I post the |OT|.

We'll need to make new threads for significant news events as they occur until then. I'll post the annual Bungie Day thread per tradition (four years running now, woo), since that's likely to generate some goodies to discuss. Out side of that, I'm not sure where the best place is to discuss the BWU threads. Maybe have a master Bungie Weekly Update thread, for discussion? I could send a note to Evilore if you would like.
Wouldn't that just result in another super thread? I'll gladly post a thread for each BWU every week.

So we can't have super threads anymore or what, kinda confused here and what is the RB incident everyone is talking about, I'm way out of the loop now.

GhaleonEB

EazyB said:
Hell yeah, you did such a bangup job on the last one. Couldn't think of a better person to make em.
Not enough bold for you? The lack of it didn't seem to bother anyone else.
CrazedArabMan said:
So we can't have super threads anymore or what, kinda confused here and what is the RB incident everyone is talking about, I'm way out of the loop now.
The Rock Band thread was locked. Pull it up and skim through the last 400 posts or so for the saga. Pretty similar to the end of the Halo thread, actually: too much bullshit.

GhaleonEB said:

The Rock Band thread was locked. Pull it up and skim through the last 400 posts or so for the saga. Pretty similar to the end of the Halo thread, actually: too much bullshit.

I still remember that day, it was a sad ending...

GhaleonEB

Falagard said:
I wonder how ZBR is going for Bungie.
On that note, anyone following people they know work at Bungie? I have a Twitter list with eight (including BungieTweets). Some interesting tidbits from time to time posted. I've been looking now and then to see if anyone mentions ZBR.

EazyB

Banned
GhaleonEB said:
No one was bothered by it because the only people that posted in the thread were the same people that would read the weekly update regardless. That could've been because the OP was so shitty that anyone who clicked on the thread thought "what do I care, they do this every week" or maybe no one else cares either way. He didn't bother to summarize anything and if anyone wanted to reach that info they would have had to wade through 20 pages of text or the 150 posts to find the info.

This new policy is in place so that news is easier to find. That thread accomplished none of that. If Dax wants to continue making those shitty posts he may do so but if we want more people to post and information to get spread, he or someone else, should put just a bit of effort into it.

GhaleonEB

EazyB said:
No one was bothered by it because the only people that posted in the thread were the same people that would read the weekly update regardless. That could've been because the OP was so shitty that anyone who clicked on the thread thought "what do I care, they do this every week" or maybe no one else cares either way. He didn't bother to summarize anything and if anyone wanted to reach that info they would have had to wade through 20 pages of text or the 150 posts to find the info.

This new policy is in place so that news is easier to find. That thread accomplished none of that. If Dax wants to continue making those shitty posts he may do so but if we want more people to post and information to get spread, he or someone else, should put just a bit of effort into it.
I agree in part. When I used to post them, I used to list the major topics covered in the title, and excerpt things to highlight in the OP. The problem that caused was people would just read the bolded stuff - which is what I was ribbing you about - and not read the rest of the update. The act of posting sections resulted in the conversation being largely limited to them; it was easier to just post the link and conversation developed more naturally. So I think there's a line to walk. Either way, I think a new thread for weekly updates would be a good thing, and the topics discussed should at least be in the thread title. Which is to say, the person posting it should read the thread first.

But that's just my posting style. I really don't care, so long as there's a place to discuss them.

I'll make sure to post what's being discussed in the weekly update for the next thread. I want people reading the weekly update, not snippets of it.

EazyB

Banned
Dax01 said:
I'll make sure to post what's being discussed in the weekly update for the next thread. I want people reading the weekly update, not snippets of it.
That's better. I personally find the updates fun to read but I can see why people outside of HaloGAF wouldn't. They're filled with a lot of fluff and the only newsworthy bits of it can almost always be summarized with just a few snippets. HaloGAFers will read all of it anyways and discuss each tiny detail, but convincing the general GAF population to participate when the title reads "Lots of Scrolling" and links to a 20 page wall of text is going to be tough. It'd be more beneficial if the OP actually read through the update and was able to give it a title like "BWU - Firefight custimization & two armor abilities yet to be revealed."

EazyB said:
That's better. I personally find the updates fun to read but I can see why people outside of HaloGAF wouldn't. They're filled with a lot of fluff and the only newsworthy bits of it can almost always be summarized with just a few snippets. HaloGAFers will read all of it anyways and discuss each tiny detail, but convincing the general GAF population to participate when the title reads "Lots of Scrolling" and links to a 20 page wall of text is going to be tough. It'd be more beneficial if the OP actually read through the update and was able to give it a title like "BWU - Firefight custimization & two armor abilities yet to be revealed."

Yea a summary would be nice, I can't always read the update in its entirety and it is nice to get the major points in the OP and then later go back to read through the whole thing when I have free time.

FourDoor

Ghal, if it's not too much work, can we pick one of your threads to post links to other HaloGAF threads for reference in the OP? That way I know which is the latest and greatest Halo threads?

I must admit I am one of the guys here who do not participate in any other GAF threads outside of Halo. :T

FourDoor said:
I must admit I am one of the guys here who do not participate in any other GAF threads outside of Halo. :T
*Raises hand*

It's hard for me to navigate the threads here on GAF. There are so many posts that I just can't keep up with it all.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
FourDoor said:
Ghal, if it's not too much work, can we pick one of your threads to post links to other HaloGAF threads for reference in the OP? That way I know which is the latest and greatest Halo threads?

Do you not use the subscribe option for threads? If you sub to all of them you will know which one is currently being discussed.

I just refresh the User CP tab for all my threads.

FourDoor

Nope I don't use the subscribe option. Actually I never have. I guess I can do that as an alternative since I try to post in all the Halo threads and then get used to finding a new weekly Halo thread each week up until the Mega thread is posted.

I just find it funny that the intent of a non-mega Halo thread is to bring the info to the masses to the top of the forum is making it harder for me to get my daily HaloGAF fix. I've been spoiled having one thread bookmarked this entire time :lol

Edit: Just subscribed to this thread. LOL

FourDoor said:
Nope I don't use the subscribe option. Actually I never have. I guess I can do that as an alternative since I try to post in all the Halo threads and then get used to finding a new weekly Halo thread each week up until the Mega thread is posted.

I just find it funny that the intent of a non-mega Halo thread is to bring the info to the masses to the top of the forum is making it harder for me to get my daily HaloGAF fix. I've been spoiled having one thread bookmarked this entire time :lol

User CP is the greatest thing ever. Keep track of all your threads without having to wad through the pages of the main forum.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
FourDoor said:

Yeah, I check the main page a few times a day, but overall I just refresh my CP to see which threads I'm subbed to are being actively posted in. I have about 50 subs now that I check.

neoism

FourDoor said:

I thought that was just for E3..? So were not using the Beta thread...?

Blueblur1

I wouldn't expect to hear much from Bungie until Bungie Day aside from the weekly updates. Especially when they're working hard on the ZBR.

Kapura

Banned
so... wait. We can't have a Reach thread until Sept 7? Hmm. Does that mean we should dig up and start posting in the ODST thread again? or the Halo 3 one?

Top Bottom