• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo Reach E3 Trailer [M-CONF]

Alienshogun said:
Could just be the attribute of that "voice."
Yeah, not positive. But he does it right on cue of the 2-3 grunt kills in the wraiths. I really like how the music kicks in. I don't remember much music (any?) in ODST's firefight. I guess I just didn't play it enough.

BladedExpert said:
\o/

Also:
nfff36.jpg

Marcus celebrates ZBR by smashing the countdown clock in the wee hours.

GhaleonEB

Great video; the map looks great. I assume those wimps were playing on Normal, as nothing came close to putting up a fight.

Love the shot of Marcus vs. the clock. That must have felt good. :lol

Dax01 said:
At ~1:29, the Elite goes "BLAARRRGGGHHH!" :lol :lol
Haha yeah. I also liked the groaning death sound effect when one of the Spartans got run over by the Wraith. :lol I guess it wasn't necessarily that, but it was funny nonetheless.

EDIT: Correction, looks like the dude fell to his death :)

Very nice vid, thanks.

Beachhead is looking like a great map with some nice naturalistic scenery. Just hope we can disable the Wraiths and other enemy vehicles in the options.

Popeck

Zeouterlimits said:

Man, Marcus really had his neurons firing. But didn't Brian or someone indicate Marcus should be crying, when they'll give the game to manufacturing / certification? This is just manly rage! Oh well, maybe we'll see manly tears when the game really is finished.

That Beachhead vid was nice. I'm just waiting to see some new vehicles participating in Firefight action. For example Falcon. That should be awesome.

EazyB

Banned
BladedExpert said:
Nice. They've really got the natural environments nailed in Reach, they look fucking gorgeous. Interested in seeing more of the cityscape. You can see a bit at load screen in this video at 17:10 and in the distance during the quoted firefight match. Looks like an even sleaker ODST cityscape.

Want more Covie & Forerunner.

Ramirez said:
Haaaaaaaa
Have you tried CoD? I think you'd really like it, I think the MP is just easy enough for you to play it.

Lakitu

st5fu
Damn, Firefight looks great. And agreed about the cityscape, I'm glad we'll have at least one level full of urban warfare. It was done very nicely in ODST.

Anyway Reach looks so good so far, multi was a blast imo during the beta, Firefight looks great and the campaign looks like it could be the best since the first Halo. But please Bungie, I hope you have one snow level ala Two Betrayals.. That was so good.

Popeck

EazyB said:
Nice. They've really got the natural environments nailed in Reach, they look fucking gorgeous. Interested in seeing more of the cityscape. You can see a bit at load screen in this video at 17:10 and in the distance during the quoted firefight match. Looks like an even sleaker ODST cityscape.

That menu looks pretty epic.

Mully

Ok, before E3, I thought I would just Gamefly this. After E3, I am willing to sell my soul to play this game.

Everything looks spectacular. Firefight looks to have been improved ten-fold. If the game just shipped with a Campaign and Firefight 2.0 I would gladly pay $60 for this game. But this game has 4 player Co-op, Forge, and an addictive Multiplayer!

This game has as much value as The Orange Box. I cannot wait. I'm especially excited for the Campaign. It seems like Bungie is putting out all the stops for it. Their storytelling has improved ten-fold sine Combat Evolved and I was really impressed with what they did in ODST. It seems like they are definitely telling a story with a similar feel.

Raide

Mully said:
Ok, before E3, I thought I would just Gamefly this. After E3, I am willing to sell my soul to play this game.

Everything looks spectacular. Firefight looks to have been improved ten-fold. If the game just shipped with a Campaign and Firefight 2.0 I would gladly pay $60 for this game. But this game has 4 player Co-op, Forge, and an addictive Multiplayer!

This game has as much value as The Orange Box. I cannot wait. I'm especially excited for the Campaign. It seems like Bungie is putting out all the stops for it. Their storytelling has improved ten-fold sine Combat Evolved and I was really impressed with what they did in ODST. It seems like they are definitely telling a story with a similar feel.

Agreed. You can tell Bungie are going all out for this Halo. If they dedicate this amount of time and love to Halo, it will be stunning to see what they head to next.

Spasm

Raide said:
Agreed. You can tell Bungie are going all out for this Halo. If they dedicate this amount of time and love to Halo, it will be stunning to see what they head to next.
Call of Duty: Future Warfare.

Dirtbag

is there any good footage of the concussion rifle at work anywhere? I still don't have any idea about the amount of damage to expect from it, and why it's any different then the fuel rod gun. Does it scope?

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
EazyB said:
Dude's a monster. If he's no playing level 50 MLG he's playing level 49 MLG to get his 50 back. He's like Ramirez before he bitched out and stopped playing Halo 3.

This

I haven't lost my 50 in a pretty long time though so it's pretty solid at the moment.

Alienshogun said:
It's not a copy and paste job, Treyarch actually updated the engine and there is quite a bit of meat to black ops. Don't expect it to be like MW2.

I expect Black Ops to be better than the catastrophe that was MW2. The good thing about Treyarch is that they aren't up their own asses and they'll copy something good from IW. I expect Black Ops to be MW2 with out all the bullshit killsteaks and a Horde type mode.

Either way I'll be playing Reach till April, then Gears 3, then maybe Black Ops a year down the line.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Church RvB said:
I expect Black Ops to be better than the catastrophe that was MW2. The good thing about Treyarch is that they aren't up their own asses and they'll copy something good from IW. I expect Black Ops to be MW2 with out all the bullshit killsteaks and a Horde type mode.

Either way I'll be playing Reach till April, then Gears 3, then maybe Black Ops a year down the line.

Yeah, I intend to buy it anyway since a friend from Highschool and Boyscouts (way back when) works for Treyarch right now.

Everything I have seen/heard leads me to believe this will be Treyarch's "coming of age" game and many people will love the hell out of it.

Between Reach Black Ops and Ghost Recon I'm going to be one happy gamer this coming year.

Ramirez

EazyB said:

Want more Covie & Forerunner.

Have you tried CoD? I think you'd really like it, I think the MP is just easy enough for you to play it.

You up for some Red Dead co-op missions later brah?

EazyB

Banned
Ramirez said:
You up for some Red Dead co-op missions later brah?
Sure, thing. Give me a bit to eat and get some work done.

Dirtbag said:
is there any good footage of the concussion rifle at work anywhere? I still don't have any idea about the amount of damage to expect from it, and why it's any different then the fuel rod gun. Does it scope?
This has the only 1st person footage I've seen. Works a lot like the brute shot but the projectiles move like the fuel rod gun.

big ander

BladedExpert said:
Looking awesome. As does that picture of Marcus smashing the clock. :D

Feel like this has been partially discussed, but I'll ask it anyway: are you guys expecting the story to take a Forerunner/Flood twist at any point within the game, or will the story only be about the failed defense of Reach?
I think we'll get some easter eggs about Blue Team, but I'm not expecting any Forerunner environments. I'd love to be surprised, though.

Dirtbag

big ander said:
Feel like this has been partially discussed, but I'll ask it anyway: are you guys expecting the story to take a Forerunner/Flood twist at any point within the game, or will the story only be about the failed defense of Reach?
I think we'll get some easter eggs about Blue Team, but I'm not expecting any Forerunner environments. I'd love to be surprised, though.

We are getting forerunner environments (we've already seen one in the forge video), and I do expect a forerunner twist. I doubt we see the flood this time
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tI3e66ON_eM

Bobs, I forever apologise for having missed your message! Next time you see me playing Halo, just hop in :p Bagel needs more Gaffers to betray occasionally and at least with more people, Dani can sleep easily knowing that we will not veto Heavies for him.

Hydranockz said:
Bobs, I forever apologise for having missed your message! Next time you see me playing Halo, just hop in :p Bagel needs more Gaffers to betray occasionally and at least with more people, Dani can sleep easily knowing that we will not veto Heavies for him.
I only betrayed you, Gazza and, I think, Dani. Not much choice for victims in those there games. :(

Alienshogun said:
Yeah, I intend to buy it anyway since a friend from Highschool and Boyscouts (way back when) works for Treyarch right now.

Everything I have seen/heard leads me to believe this will be Treyarch's "coming of age" game and many people will love the hell out of it.

Between Reach Black Ops and Ghost Recon I'm going to be one happy gamer this coming year.

As long as they've learned from their mistakes and IWs, Black Ops has the potential to be a great game. Although I hate the thought of supporting Activision. That's probably why I'll buy this game used and well after Reach and Gears 3 have come out.

Back to the subject of Reach, I can't wait for the reveal of the Vidmaster Achievements. We should get an Achievement list sometime in August I guess.

Hydranockz said:

Hey no worries, next time for sure! I tend to avoid just joining partys because I dont want to crash people playing with friends, but chuck a invite if your with Gaf. :D

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Noticed this in the Kotaku Reach feature.

Following Jarrard's logic, I asked if that meant that the enemies in Reach's Legendary difficulty would, during a four-player co-op campaign, be the toughest enemies ever in a Halo game? Or was Bungie dumbing difficulty down? I had it right the first time, Jarrard said. We can expect the enemies in four-player Legendary campaign to be the most devilish foes in a Halo game, i.e. a formidable challenge.

Kibbles

Halo Waypoint ftw again! :D Full match on other map too please?

Please tell me these buildings are unfinished though. Everything is all white and looks so plain and flat.

mk7iv.jpg

Maybe I'm reading into things, but In the first seconds of this firefight video It says 'SPARTANS' near the center of the screen. It also uses the Voice actor that was in Generator Defense.

Huge assumption, but what if you could play firefight as the elites. It will say 'ELITES', and it used the Elite voice actor from Generator Defense?

Edit: Thanks to Kibbles for putting the Screenshot right above my post. :lol

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Church RvB said:
Maybe I'm reading into things, but In the first seconds of this firefight video It says 'SPARTANS' near the center of the screen. It also uses the Voice actor that was in Generator Defense.

Huge assumption, but what if you could play firefight as the elites. It will say 'ELITES', and it used the Elite voice actor from Generator Defense?

Edit: Thanks to Kibbles for putting the Screenshot right above my post. :lol

Maybe Reach just spells out which race you are playing when you start a multiplayer mode because, with each race playing differently, it's important to communicate to the players which race he/she will be using.

After watching that video a couple of things came to mind.

First, I wish Bungie gave us Firefight in the Beta instead of disguising it as Network Test 1... Everyone knew that Firefight would be in the full product because Bungie never drops features from previous games so saving the reveal of it for E3 was kind of anti-climactic.

Second, someone needs to make a GIF of the part at the end of the video when the Warthog gets hit by the Elite with a fuel rod cannon. That looked SOOO good.

Third, Zombie(Flood) Firefight needs to exist.

Dani said:
Maybe Reach just spells out which race you are playing when you start a multiplayer mode because, with each race playing differently, it's important to communicate to the players which race he/she will be using.

That's probably the case, but I remember Ghaleon saying the Elite voice at the beginning of Generator Defense was extremely well done and didn't sound like placeholder. So that's what kind of sparked my mind into thinking that.

subrock

Church RvB said:
cant imagine them letting you mow down marines and odsts dropping out of pelicans :lol maybe elites v flood is a gametype though :D

GhaleonEB

subrock said:
cant imagine them letting you mow down marines and odsts dropping out of pelicans :lol maybe elites v flood is a gametype though :D
Don't forget there's wildlife on Reach. Maybe you can make a squirrel hunt game?

subrock said:
Well no, not necessarily, it could be implied that you might play simply as 'heretic' elites ie. elites who experiment with human weaponry.

Top Bottom