• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo Reach E3 Trailer [M-CONF]

EazyB

Banned
So how many HaloGAF regulars are getting Crackdown? Demo seemed kinda meh on my lone playthrough but if there's enough people buying it I'm sure it'll be co-op.

Ramirez said:
I miss Reach, gaming feels so dull without a Halo I'm pining to play every day...
Jump on Halo and shoot me an invite if you see me on, dummy.

Deputy Moonman said:
Now what is this about Aussie's? I gonna have to claim ignorance for not following. I was assuming that you were poking fun at the aussie gaffers, but I don't know who is who with a lot of the people in this thread (concerning locations). So I'm probably unintentionally ruining a good joke. I've been to Cairns one time in my life, and I have to admit that seeing fruit bats flying around in a city is pretty awesome.
:lol Just saying, if you were in Australia at the time you posted "BWU tomorrow" it would've been true because it'd technically be Thursday already for you.

EazyB said:
:lol Just saying, if you were in Australia at the time you posted "BWU tomorrow" it would've been true because it'd technically be Thursday already for you.
Even after displaying my total lack of awareness numerous times this week and today, I came through in flying colors (yet again), failing to pick up on the time difference significance. This is not my week :)

EazyB said:
So how many HaloGAF regulars are getting Crackdown? Demo seemed kinda meh on my lone playthrough but if there's enough people buying it I'm sure it'll be co-op.
Have had the demo downloaded, but not gotten to it yet. Quite enjoyed the first one, so hoping the 2nd is similar levels of enjoyable.
Hearing mixed things though. The 30 minute lock doesn't help.

I don't know if I saw it on Gaf or somewhere else, but there is a way around the 30 minute lock, supposedly. I have plenty of time to try Crackdown 2, but I have no motivation to play any new games right now, at least not until Reach arrives in September. Just so bored, though, as a result.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
I'm getting Crackdown 2 for sure. Also, Ze, there's a glitch you can perform to make the demo unlimited. It's much more enjoyable that way. I had soooo much fun with the demo.

Yeah, I saw that. Must check if it works for the wireless adapter too..
Edit: So it does. Excellent.
Hope I have enough time to give it tonight, need to make sure house is ready for gf's arrival tomorrow.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Over/under on some of Noble team surviving Reach? Who? For better or worse?
Desired ending?

Personally, Jorge'll die. Carter probably too. See Kat surving, along with Noble 6, unless Bungie have come up with a good, interesting way for the player to die during gameplay.
Emile & Jun, it's harder to know, how big their role will be/how attached the player will be to them.

Gui_PT

Love how the last 5 enemies in a wave are now marked in the hud. Don't need to waste time looking for them anymore :D

Around 33mins I believe they have the assassination medals in. I can't make it out anyway :p

Lock-on is still very much there with the plasma launcher.

I am happy to see that they have mixed up the chieftans being the boss rounds. Death Squad Elites??? Hells yes.

Zeouterlimits said:
Have had the demo downloaded, but not gotten to it yet. Quite enjoyed the first one, so hoping the 2nd is similar levels of enjoyable.
Hearing mixed things though. The 30 minute lock doesn't help.
Do the time glitch so you can get an infinite amount of time and max all your skills out.

If you enjoyed the first game you'll enjoy the second game. Flying around in the wingsuit, beating down Freaks/running them over...so much fun.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Zeouterlimits said:
Yeah, I saw that. Must check if it works for the wireless adapter too..
Edit: So it does. Excellent.
Hope I have enough time to give it tonight, need to make sure house is ready for gf's arrival tomorrow.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Over/under on some of Noble team surviving Reach? Who? For better or worse?
Desired ending?

Personally, Jorge'll die. Carter probably too. See Kat surving, along with Noble 6, unless Bungie have come up with a good, interesting way for the player to die during gameplay.
Emile & Jun, it's harder to know, how big their role will be/how attached the player will be to them.

I figure they will all die. It will be interesting to see how it plays out though.

Ramirez

EazyB said:

Jump on Halo and shoot me an invite if you see me on, dummy.

That's the thing, I don't feel like playing Halo 3, it's officially played out to me. All of you should buy Bad Company 2 and enjoy the awesome before Reach hits. :D

Gui_PT

Shishka said:
16x5L.gif
16x5L.gif

There ya go.

Bigger impact

Congrats btw :D

Sadly quite a lot of my friends aren't buying Reach for some reason, instead they all intend to choose Black Ops. :( To be honest the only thing interesting me in Halo right now is its Online features. The gameplay is fun but I do miss the craziness of COD sometimes after I sold MW2. I can see why people prefer that over Halo. Not sure which to buy now

Meus Renaissance said:
Sadly quite a lot of my friends aren't buying Reach for some reason, instead they all intend to choose Black Ops. :( To be honest the only thing interesting me in Halo right now is its Online features. The gameplay is fun but I do miss the craziness of COD sometimes after I sold MW2. I can see why people prefer that over Halo. Not sure which to buy now
What's wrong with getting both? That's what I'm doing.

Falagard

_mantis_ said:
For people unfamiliar with the term, ZBR doesn't mean "done"… more like "Lightning Round". I'm sure bungietweets will elaborate on b.net.

Just an FYI. Also, there's no such thing as zero bugs in a game. There's just "the bugs we decided to fix based on priority" and "everything else".

GhaleonEB

Falagard said:
Just an FYI. Also, there's no such thing as zero bugs in a game. There's just "the bugs we decided to fix based on priority" and "everything else".
Right, for those who missed it, ZBR has been explained on b.net and Noble Actual. Still, it's quite the milestone. Not much longer now.

Congrats guys.

urk

butthole fishhooking yes
Meus Renaissance said:
Get new friends.

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
EazyB said:

Therms, Spud and I played a bunch last night because I did the infinite demo time glitch and, oh man, there's just something about being in a car attached to a helicopter that's taking you up hundreds of feet up in the air while your buddy drives up the walls with the Agency SUV like fucking Spider-Man on steroids while another just beats the shit out of 100,000 zombies.

Too awesome. :D

Domino Theory said:
Therms, Spud and I played a bunch last night because I did the infinite demo time glitch and, oh man, there's just something about being in a car attached to a helicopter that's taking you up hundreds of feet up in the air while your buddy drives up the walls with the Agency SUV like fucking Spider-Man on steroids while another just beats the shit out of 100,000 zombies.

Too awesome. :D

What?

/bought

GhaleonEB

Louis Wu said:
Wow, that's the first twitter link I've ever seen that requires a login to view.

Too bad I don't have one. :(
Really? Curses. I'm not sure why it requires one, unless lists can't be viewed by people without a Twitter account. I've got it set to Public, but apparently doesn't mean what I thought it meant.

The only reason I signed up for Twitter was to follow a few folks like this. What I linked to was a list I made of a bunch of different folks from Bungie, plus bungietweets.

Louis Wu said:
Wow, that's the first twitter link I've ever seen that requires a login to view.

Too bad I don't have one. :(
Same. I was gonna say I'm too old for that shit, but if Ghaleon's doing it I may have to reconsider my excuses.

Kapura

Banned
squidhands said:
Same. I was gonna say I'm too old for that shit, but if Ghaleon's doing it I may have to reconsider my excuses.
Marty's on twitter, so too old for this shit is, indeed, an invalid excuse.

GhaleonEB said:
Really? I'm not sure why it requires one, unless lists can't be viewed by people without a Twitter account. I've got it set to Public, but apparently doesn't mean what I thought it meant.

The only reason I signed up for Twitter was to follow a few folks like this. It just takes a minute to sign up.

Direct link to the announcement for those like me who are not going to bother signing up

http://twitter.com/bungietweets

Grats guys!

EazyB said:

I'm not really a regular, but I will be getting it Day One. I was thinking that the demo was kinda meh too, but that was only until I found out about the infinite time glitch.

On topic: Congrats, guys!! I can't wait to see/play the fruits of your labors in September!

Meus Renaissance said:

Im not excited for Black Ops, it looks like another treyarch copy and paste job, you have already played that game 3 times, now go get Halo Reach. :D

Just joking about the copy and paste part btw, but thats how WaW felt to me, and MW2 has been aweful, I cant believe you think its more crazy than Halo? Unless you mean the dual shotties or knife running, which can stay in CoD eurgh

Congrats guys on making ZBR, cant wait till September now, but Bungie if you need a tester ill work for free. :lol

Also Ramirez, you need to get back into Halo 3, if you play just a few games (to get over the weird feeling) I garuntee you will be hooked all over again.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
bobs99 ... said:
Also Ramirez, you need to get back into Halo 3, if you play just a few games (to get over the weird feeling) I garuntee you will be hooked all over again.

Yea seriously, Halo 3 is still so much fun to play.

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
wwm0nkey said:
Crap, I just realized Bungie day is only 13 days away :D

My birthday is 4 days before Bungie Day, hopefully they have some gameplay videos of MP on a new map and/or more FireFight gameplay. It'd be a cool birthday gift. :p

I loved the trailer. The graphics finally look like a step up over Halo 3. The story of this game is awesome. The only shame is that we all now how it turns out. Either way Halo Reach is my most anticipated game of this year. I think this will be the first time since Halo 2 I'll buy a game straight on launch. I'm definitely hyped for this.

wwm0nkey

Domino Theory said:
My birthday is 4 days before Bungie Day, hopefully they have some gameplay videos of MP on a new map and/or more FireFight gameplay. It'd be a cool birthday gift. :p
I want some Forge info :lol

Tashi0106 said:
Yea seriously, Halo 3 is still so much fun to play.

Yo Tashi what do you play at the moment? If its matchmaking at level 50 MLG ill pass, but it would be good to get some games in with people who actually still play Halo 3. :lol

EazyB

Banned
bobs99 ... said:
Yo Tashi what do you play at the moment? If its matchmaking at level 50 MLG ill pass, but it would be good to get some games in with people who actually still play Halo 3. :lol
Dude's a monster. If he's no playing level 50 MLG he's playing level 49 MLG to get his 50 back. He's like Ramirez before he bitched out and stopped playing Halo 3.

EazyB said:
Dude's a monster. If he's no playing level 50 MLG he's playing level 49 MLG to get his 50 back. He's like Ramirez before he bitched out and stopped playing Halo 3.

I can handle MLG customs but screw playing 50 high MLG with him, I would hate to be the one who goes negative and like lowers the rank. :lol, tbh once you see my glorious level 25 in MLG you wouldnt play with me anyway. :lol

YO Bungie, I had a 36 win streak in MLG and didnt rank up, I hate you guys.

Sean P.

Hey Urk, is Bungie still moving to the old theater in downtown Bellevue or are you guys staying in Kirkland? I was just eating at Wendys in Kirkland and saw a group of testers there, and was wondering about the situation.

GhaleonEB said:
The only reason I signed up for Twitter was to follow a few folks like this. What I linked to was a list I made of a bunch of different folks from Bungie, plus bungietweets.
Ditto. That is the reason I started up a twitter account, too. So I wonder what the "vehicles vs. bipeds physics" thing is that Marcus mentioned on NobleActual?

bobs99 ... said:
YO Bungie, I had a 36 win streak in MLG and didnt rank up, I hate you guys.
Ouch :lol

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
bobs99 ... said:
Im not excited for Black Ops, it looks like another treyarch copy and paste job, you have already played that game 3 times, now go get Halo Reach. :D

Just joking about the copy and paste part btw, but thats how WaW felt to me, and MW2 has been aweful, I cant believe you think its more crazy than Halo? Unless you mean the dual shotties or knife running, which can stay in CoD eurgh

Congrats guys on making ZBR, cant wait till September now, but Bungie if you need a tester ill work for free. :lol

It's not a copy and paste job, Treyarch actually updated the engine and there is quite a bit of meat to black ops. Don't expect it to be like MW2.

Top Bottom