• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT7| What are They to Say Now?

CyReN

I would be last post..moving.

Here it is - 3 years in the making. Over 1,000 hours of time taken just to clip the gameplays for footage during a 3 year period of lans including the OGRES Winter WonderLAN 2010 between November 2008 and August 2011. I have no doubts in my mind that this montage took more effort and time than any other video has or ever will take, ever. I would like to thank every single person I've lanned with over the time capturing at local lans, midwest lans, and at MLG events. - Jeenyus

"Image of the Invisible" - a Halo 1 film by Jeenyus

Louis Wu, I made a link on HBO.

Blinding

Given how much of an unshit they give about Halo 3's poor matchmaking times, I'm not going to be surprised when Halo 2 Vista is still inoperable a week from now.

Doesn't matter for me anyways, H2V's multiplayer doesn't (or should I say didn't) work for Gold Family accounts for god knows what reason.

I was too busy to make a clip. If someone else still has the game in their file share, it was like, my third attempt to blast a Jetpack guy on the other side of the map from the bridges above rockets.
Do you mean this one here? Couldn't watch your playstyle any longer, because it's 6am, I'm tired and your playstyle doesn't help me to stay awake. :p

Still thanks that you played with us mortal beings who have no clue about Halo honor.

Here it is - 3 years in the making. Over 1,000 hours of time taken just to clip the gameplays for footage during a 3 year period of lans including the OGRES Winter WonderLAN 2010 between November 2008 and August 2011. I have no doubts in my mind that this montage took more effort and time than any other video has or ever will take, ever. I would like to thank every single person I've lanned with over the time capturing at local lans, midwest lans, and at MLG events. - Jeenyus

Is it possible to download this video? I can't watch it. :/

feel

I was too busy to make a clip. If someone else still has the game in their file share, it was like, my third attempt to blast a Jetpack guy on the other side of the map from the bridges above rockets.

If you don't find it unbearable to play Reach, Halo 4 can't be all that better or different... :-/

5HdhU.jpg

Should I go with this or

Kyx9e.jpg

should I go with that?

Booshka

Unbelievable, Halo 1 is untouchable. Jeenyus is such a champ.

Blinding

What? That's weird. Does it work if you make a silver? Well... I guess you can't test that now.

I didn't really bother testing with a silver account but I looked around and it's apparently an issue everyone with the Gold Family plan that attempts to play H2V multiplayer was having. What would happen was you'd be able to sign into live and access the multiplayer menus like normal, but the server list would turn up the error "No Servers Found," and quickmatch would spit out whatever error for not finding a match after maybe a 30 second wait time.

FyreWulff

How the heck did you make that post on HBO? It's completely inoperable for everyone else. Every time you try to reply to a post, the forum thinks you're logged out.

Ah, feels good to play some Halo, especially on my new tv I received for christmas. I finally dont have to squint to play the game! lol

Also, changed my avatar to a real picture. Ill see how long I last before I have seen my own face too much and change it back, haha. Edit- Nvm, Im not sure if I want that one now.. Which one should I use?

a7341802.jpg

9db33122.jpg

58f507ff.jpg

fa6d9490.jpg

I dislike them all equally. =P

heckfu

Banned
Ah, feels good to play some Halo, especially on my new tv I received for christmas. I finally dont have to squint to play the game! lol

Also, changed my avatar to a real picture. Ill see how long I last before I have seen my own face too much and change it back, haha.

Haha, I'm the same way. Too much of looking at my own mug is never good...for anyone...

and demon, go with 4!

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Real pic January is shaping up to be pretty awesome. Those pics are hilarious, Star Wolf.

Sai-kun

Banned

Also, changed my avatar to a real picture. Ill see how long I last before I have seen my own face too much and change it back, haha. Edit- Nvm, Im not sure if I want that one now.. Which one should I use?

4th is good.

p.s. hi cutie

p.p.s. tunavi your cute ;))))

p.p.p.s. heckfu is not

wwm0nkey

Ok so Halo 2 Vista is only down for maintenance but here is another concern of mine.

On the lifecycle search for Halo 2 Vista they said support is going to end for it on 10/9/2012.

FyreWulff

Ok so Halo 2 Vista is only down for maintenance but here is another concern of mine.

On the lifecycle search for Halo 2 Vista they said support is going to end for it on 10/9/2012.

What's even the point. They run no official dedicated servers, the community is running the game for them.

Was that a response from MS or something on their site?

wwm0nkey

What's even the point. They run no official dedicated servers, the community is running the game for them.

Was that a response from MS or something on their site?

Well this is on their product lifecycle website

Really hope it isnt being shut down or I will actually be pretty disappointed might not be the most perfect thing but I still like to play it from time to time and I honestly see no reason to shut it off unless we will be seeing an Anniversary Edition soon.

Isn't Halo 2 on PC a terrible port anyway?
If you play with KB+M then yes its horrible, you NEED a controller to play it. What sucks even more is if Microsoft and Bungie and 343 (Waypoint) actually acknowledged the damn game and fixed it people would probably play it. Seriously I have no idea what is so hard about patching the KB+M controls or adding in custom resolutions or having the achievements added to your milestone on waypoint but then again I am no programing wizzard but I assume it wouldnt be hard to fix if Microsoft actually cared :/

FyreWulff

Isn't Halo 2 on PC a terrible port anyway?

In terms of how the game actually runs, it's a pretty good port. Looks great, runs great, no complaints there, great support of the 360 pad. Tray and Play was great for just throwing the disc in and beginning to play.

In terms of the ability to customize the experience, it had an extremely gimped version of the Halo 1 dev tools and did not support campaign modding AT ALL, and the multiplayer map editor (as shipped) was also next to useless. It was obviously just sent out as fast as they could.

wwm0nkey

Ways to make people play Halo 2 (PC)

1. Don't refer to it as Halo 2 VISTA ever again
2. Make announcement of PC relaunch of the game on DD platforms
3. Fix KB+M controls and add more custom options
4. Add in a MM system
5. Sell for $20 (current price)
6. Add achievements to Waypoint Milestone
7. Put it on Steam

There you just got more people to play your game. Sadly this will never happen ever :(

FyreWulff

Offtopic, but RB3 just released Rush's 2112 with a playable medley of all 20 minutes in one go. I'm about to stream my first attempt at doing it in that one sitting.

There'll be a couple of warm up songs then we'll be throwing ourselves headfirst into the deathmedley.

-edit, stream's over-

Holy shit, that was quite the Vidmaster: Endure of Rock Band there.

FyreWulff

glad someone else said it

everyone having second thoughts about displaying their picture now

edit- lmao fyrewulf bailed out fast, again

Not January yet, hombre. Figure people can wait to draw swastikas on my face again

So is anyone else having troubles with signing in on HBO? I can sign in but after I click on a post, I'm signed out again. Really weird.

Yeah, a lot of people are. I emailed Wu about it and he thought it might be a corrupted cookie, but his steps (clear cookies, set prefs again) didn't fix it.

Striker

In terms of the ability to customize the experience, it had an extremely gimped version of the Halo 1 dev tools and did not support campaign modding AT ALL, and the multiplayer map editor (as shipped) was also next to useless.
If only Forge maps can create some as unique or interesting.

Top Bottom