• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo Reach Reveal Thread - Matchmaking/Multiplayer Details Revealed

Domino Theory said:
nobody reads this fucking post, lawl.

I just did.... lawl!

That image just doesnt look like Reach to me, from what weve seen it looks too 'shiny'. It looks more like something from Legends.

I REALLY hope im wrong though.

user_nat

THE WORDS! They'll drift away without the _!
big ander said:
Since HaloGAF is the only place in Gaming I go:
what's up with XBL? Hyrb's twitter says there may still be problems purchasing. My little brother tried to redeem a 1600 space point code, and it said "the card was not activated at the store, call them." We called and went back to Best Buy, they said it was something wrong on MSs end, and then gave us a new card. The new card says the same thing. Is it just the screwy Live right now?
So they gave you a new card and you still have to old one?

So you got 1600ms points for free. Nice.

Gui_PT

ghostofsparta said:
I don't have live nor do I plan on getting it.

Do you guys think I should still buy this or rent?

The last Halo I played was Halo 1.

Wait for Halo Sims to come out

Srsly now, you should probably rent all the Halos you missed for starters

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
GhaleonEB said:
I'm guessing it's from an ad of some sort.

This is what I'm thinking. Looks a bit too classy for Vidoc or a cutscene (especially since we know Bungie won't be doing any Campaign related stuff for a while so that rules out a cutscene and the next Vidoc will most likely be Beta related).

Maybe an ad for the Beta or the start of the TV campaign?

Weren't some folks bitching at how, in comparison to Halo 3's schedule, there was already one or two TV trailers at this point in the cycle?

master_chief_costume_helmet3.jpg

Not a Jellyfish

but I am a sheep
In the reflection of the helmet it looks to be construction tape, so could be some sort of an announcement that they are working on something...live action shorts in series form maybe? Something from 343 possibly.

Wizman23

Banned
Ya know it was around this time in 2007 that word of the cat helmet dropped. I still can't believe I bought that thing considering I hid it every time friends came over to hide my true nerdness. If that is indeed cat helmet 2.0 I'll pass this time around and stick with the $69.99 collectors edition come Fall....or Summer if it is indeed September 14th

EazyB said:
It's one thing to read one's opinion and then counter it but it's a totally different thing to say "there is no reason for the X to exist", get slapped in the face by one's explanation of X's value, and then shrug the explanation off and repeat the same tired statement without rebuttal. What's one more junior on ignore though?

Well, if you ignore me then you wont see this, but I may as well post it anyway.

I wasn't discounting your argument. You feel that the AR will still have value even if weaker than the pistol, because it will take rare skill for a pistoleer to hit the headshots necessary. Fine. That may absolutely be true come the beta in May.

I don't believe that difference will be enough to secure the AR's value. Battles are rarely confined to a specific range, and almost never start at close range. Engagement typically begins at mid-range, cause Halo maps tend to be open even if the areas are on the smaller side. So if a pistol and an AR face off under typical circumstances, the pistol starts with the advantage. If the AR user plays smart and maneuvers the battle into close range to make the most of his weapon, he STILL has a disadvantage as far as the DPS ceiling.

Maybe the AR will chew through shields fast enough to compensate for the pistol's ability to cross that mid-to-close range threshold. We'll see May 3rd. Ill be more than willing to play guinea pig.

Kibbles

When I saw that screenshot I immediately thought of this.

Interested in finding out what this is. Something to do with Bungie I'm guessing, otherwise 343 would tease it on their own account, right?

Schmitty

ghostofsparta said:
I don't have live nor do I plan on getting it.

Do you guys think I should still buy this or rent?

The last Halo I played was Halo 1.
You are in a Halo forum. Of course we are going to tell you to get it

feel

randomlyrossy said:
2zznt6q.jpg

Iiiiiiinteresting.
I'm going to guess reveal of the live action tv ad to air before and around beta time (to start promoting Reach, and push some more ODST sales too), Bungie/Microsoft pushing videogame marketing to the next level with Halo yet again. Extremely unlikely but hey, it's fun to try and guess.

edit- ah, probably something april fools related that will break our hearts :(

Dani said:
Wait, it's prank day already? Dang...

We are still 1 day away from April fools, if they're this early too fool (dissapoint) us, then they better release the beta early too :lol

I actually cant wait to see what they do for April fools, imagine if they release a Reach trailer buts its like Noble 6 fighting pirates pimps at sea style.

Kibbles

Letters said:
I'm going to guess reveal of the live action tv ad to air before and around beta time (to start promoting Reach, and push some more ODST sales too), Bungie/Microsoft pushing videogame marketing to the next level with Halo yet again. Extremely unlikely but hey, it's fun try and guess.
Whatever it is, it's coming this week. I think the best guess right now is a live-action ad for Reach. Not sure what else to make of this. At first I was thinking it was too far from launch, but then I remembered that "Starry Night" Ad which was what... MNF in December, almost a whole year before Halo 3 was released?

I'm gonna call elaborate April Fool's Day joke on this one.

Note: Watching that Zelda live action movie trailer for the first time 6 months after April Fool's Day (last year?) made me a very sad and cynical guy. Also, I had high hopes for Bungle Pro.

Schmitty

2 Minutes Turkish said:
That pic posted looks like CG.

Is it even the Chief's helmet? Looks like it, but not sure.

Halo 1 Remake being announced?

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!!!!
Keep dreaming.

Like others have said, this is probably just a screen from a commercial for Reach.

Kibbles

That reflection does look a lot like the ground from the opening of PoA ;p The Spartan's helmet is a Mark VI though. Damn you Bungle and your teases.

I doubt this is part of an April Fool's joke. You don't tease April Fool's jokes before April Fool's Day. That's just cruel.

2 Minutes Turkish said:
That pic posted looks like CG.

Is it even the Chief's helmet? Looks like it, but not sure.

Halo 1 Remake being announced?

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!!!!

If that happened, the world would implode. Looks CG though, Halo movie reboot confirmed?

It better be something uber cool though, CG movie or game, not interested in more anime.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Kibbles said:
I doubt this is part of an April Fool's joke. You don't tease April Fool's jokes before April Fool's Day. That's just cruel.

This is 2010 dude, Tweet about the announce of the teaser for the countdown to the reveal announcement, to the max!

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
Dani said:
This is 2010 dude, Tweet about the announce of the teaser for the countdown to the reveal announcement, to the max!

Bungie's shit is so fucked up we have to slice them it's straight up dawg time: Reach.

CrazedArabMan said:
If that happened GAF would have constant 500 errors until release date. :lol

Too true. :lol

Realistically speaking, I honestly have no clue what it could be. I tend to not look into these things too much, as it would drive me crazy.

Top Bottom