• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo Reach Reveal Thread - Matchmaking/Multiplayer Details Revealed

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Gui_PT said:
I haven't been catching your streams, I miss them
48 on your main account?

Yea on my main :(

I won't be streaming until I get my 50 back. I'll definitely get it back this week. Matchmaking is tricky sometimes lol.

Tashi0106 said:
Yea on my main :(

I won't be streaming until I get my 50 back. I'll definitely get it back this week. Matchmaking is tricky sometimes lol.
And if I wanted to watch this stream, the place I would go to is...?

Blueblur1

randomlyrossy said:
2zznt6q.jpg

Iiiiiiinteresting.
Quoted for the new page.

I can't imagine it being Halo: Reach related. It looks like the Chief's helmet and the few parts we do see doesn't have the same detailed visual design that all the Reach Spartans have and the image itself looks like CG or CG working in concert with a real life image. I am perplexed.

Oozer3993

I'm hoping against hope that's related to a newly rejuvenated Halo movie. The studio execs saw Avatar make a bazillion dollars at the box office despite being a new, sci-fi IP and having no major stars and thought, "Halo is a known sci-fi brand and has a huge pre-existing audience. It's a mint waiting to be made!"

Blueblur1

Oozer3993 said:
I'm hoping against hope that's related to a newly rejuvenated Halo movie. The studio execs saw Avatar make a bazillion dollars at the box office despite being a new, sci-fi IP and having no major stars and thought, "Halo is a known sci-fi brand and has a huge pre-existing audience. It's a mint waiting to be made!"
I feel that it's either an announcement of a Halo movie or something completely out of left field.

Schmitty

Oozer3993 said:
I don't know why it didn't click earlier. Halo is so mainstream that no one is afraid to go see it because its based on a video game, and the universe itself is amazing. I hope MS still gets the control it wants over the production. The Halo movie can't be messed up.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Oozer3993 said:

This image has zilch to do with us and I have no idea where it came from. Practically it looks like a cat helmet with blue lights. If it came from Bungie I aints got no clue what it is. But it's not MS, or 343.

feel

I wonder how many guys will be getting like 10 or 20 different accounts to Onyx each month.

"Onyx last 7 months $100"

You just know there will be pathetic kids who care way too much, looking to buy these.

@OuterWorldVoice Well, that rules out an ad then, cause if so 343 would be pretty involved (unless you're lying).

Tashi

Ouch guys lol

Also, the account for sale came from a 1 month someone gave to me. I leveled it up to a 50 but now it serves no purpose to me other than the money I might be able to get from it. Don't hate lol.

And it's not MLG 48 with Tashi because I won't be streaming until it's a 50 again.

edit: Also thanks to the lurker who wrote "how much for cock sucking?" in the chat. THATS SO FUNNY

1600 ms points...what

OuterWorldVoice said:
This image has zilch to do with us and I have no idea where it came from. Practically it looks like a cat helmet with blue lights. If it came from Bungie I aints got no clue what it is. But it's not MS, or 343.
I lol'd at how quickly he disposessed the pic :p

Blueblur1

OuterWorldVoice said:
Really? It's probably nothing to get excited over then.

Letters said:
I wonder how many guys will be getting like 10 or 20 different accounts to Onyx each month.

"Onyx last 7 months $100"

You just know there will be pathetic kids who care way too much, looking to buy these.

@OuterWorldVoice Well, that rules out an ad then, cause if so 343 would be pretty involved (unless you're lying).

I would say an ad is the most likely thing, It cant be anything too far out such as a movie/ anime/ game etc because that would all come under 343, a advert for a Bungie game would probably be a Bungie influenced thing right?

Tashi0106 said:
Ouch guys lol

Also, the account for sale came from a 1 month someone gave to me. I leveled it up to a 50 but now it serves no purpose to me other than the money I might be able to get from it. Don't hate lol.

And it's not MLG 48 with Tashi because I won't be streaming until it's a 50 again.

edit: Also thanks to the lurker who wrote "how much for cock sucking?" in the chat. THATS SO FUNNY

1600 ms points...what
I was just about to tell you of that comment. It wasn't me (as I am Nockz there) but I lol'd a bit...

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
bobs99 ... said:
I would say an ad is the most likely thing, It cant be anything too far out such as a movie/ anime/ game etc because that would all come under 343, a advert for a Bungie game would probably be a Bungie influenced thing right?

Where is it from?

Tashi

Hydranockz said:
I was just about to tell you of that comment. It wasn't me (as I am Nockz there) but I lol'd a bit...

I was trying to talk to you in the chat but there was no reply. You're a mod now :)

No idea about the pic, but it brings to mind that it wouldn't be a bad idea to put the link between Reach and Master Chief/Halo into the mainstream gaming consciousness.

We know Reach is a prequel, and those of us who read the books or looked up the events preceding Halo: CE know the deal. But who else?

Its a new Halo game, and there has to be some worry out there about confused buyers expecting the chief and getting something... else. Who knows?

But just to bring back an old idea/wish. Get the team behind "We are ODST" and make another live action short showing Spartan Training programs, Reach, the Chief, and work in the current Noble team somehow. Make something fucking sweet that bridges the gap between the new game and Halo, and everybody wins.

OuterWorldVoice said:
Where is it from?

Bungie tweets. It could have been anything but you've pretty much confirmed its not a new anything as I guess Bungie wouldnt just be making new things, 343 would. I really dont see what it could be if its not a Reach related CG ad.

If thats sarcasm thats what I was pointing out! :lol

Nullpointer you bring up a good point about there being no way for the masses to know about the Chief and where these other spartans fit in. Maybe this trailer is dedicated to sorting this out? Perhaps theyre going to show Chief but only in a context to explain how he is the last of his kind after the events of Reach - explain how he was trained amongst other spartans and then do something to make it clear your living the last act of pretty much all the spartans except him whilst playing Reach.

"He is now humanities last hope"

"but this was not always the case"

"spartan backstory blah..."

"live the events"

Tashi0106 said:
I was trying to talk to you in the chat but there was no reply. You're a mod now :)
Cheers once again. Sorry I couldn't reply much. My laptop just kinda stopped working there so I had to restart it and whatnot.

Halo MC Montage confirmed? :p

GhaleonEB

Deadly Cyclone said:
Still wouldn't explain the Chief, nor would it being a direct advertisement.
I know. I'm just tossing stuff out there. (But that would be neat.)

Really perplexing stuff.
Not a Jellyfish said:
Correction to me thinking that the reflection in his visor is construction tape....it is obviously markings from the floor of a docking bay. :lol
Or maybe it's a hint...construction...building...map editor. EazyB's hopes and dreams confirmed.

bobs99 ... said:
Nullpointer you bring up a good point about there being no way for the masses to know about the Chief and where these other spartans fit in. Maybe this trailer is dedicated to sorting this out? Perhaps theyre going to show Chief but only in a context to explain how he is the last of his kind after the events of Reach - explain how he was trained amongst other spartans and then do something to make it clear your living the last act of pretty much all the spartans except him whilst playing Reach.

"live the events"
No harm in wishing. ;P

Everything else I've wanted and more seems to be working its way into Reach. Why stop now?

That could be an in-game shot from campaign.

Well, not an in-game in-game shot, obviously, but a cutscene. Didn't they say they were going to jazz their cutscenes this time, like the first trailer we saw? The blue flaring lights and level of blur are comparable to some of the stuff in that trailer, whereas the textures look easily doable otherwise. I would say it's 99% likely not live action.

On the other hand, didn't they also say they were going to focus exclusively on MP stuff on the promotion side until after the beta?

Chrange

Banned
bobs99 ... said:

"live the events"
A downloadable prologue level like Dead Rising will have would be pretty cool, especially if it laid the groundwork for new features.

Dirtbag

Come on guys, it's probably just the ad campaign firing up.
The only other thing I can see is a Halo related movie / tv / internet short thing.

Nothing about that says in-game, nor would another game announcement make any sense what-so-ever right now.
You guys are crazy.

ManCannon

This week's new Reach info should be droppin' tomorrow on account of there being some kind of conflict of interest commotion on Thursday(?).

Mystery pic is mysterious. If Frankie claims it's not them.. and it's a mystery to me.. who/what then!?

Sai-kun

Banned
ManCannon said:
This week's new Reach info should be droppin' tomorrow on account of there being some kind of conflict of interest commotion on Thursday(?).

Mystery pic is mysterious. If Frankie claims it's not them.. and it's a mystery to me.. who/what then!?

sssshhhheeeeeeiiiittttt

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
ManCannon said:

:D ... :0

Changing the topic.

I hope the Elephant is either seriously recoded or removed from Reach. Everyone has experienced some strange un-pachyderm behaviour from these things at some point.

My recent encounters in video form;

Crazy Elephant
Crazy Elephant 2

Blueblur1

ManCannon said:

Awesome. Thanks for sharing! My work day shall be more interesting tomorrow. :)

Im not sure if its been suggested, but my thoughts turned to a series of videos like we saw prior to Halo 3. The videos that District 9 director put together.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Dirtbag said:
Come on guys, it's probably just the ad campaign firing up.
The only other thing I can see is a Halo related movie / tv / internet short thing.

Nothing about that says in-game, nor would another game announcement make any sense what-so-ever right now.
You guys are crazy.

What does Chief in an ad do to sell Reach?

Kapura

Banned
Maybe because CERN turned on the LHC, they've created a black hole which was a worm hole to 2553, and they found the Master Chief in cryo and took pics to prove it. Or maybe there's finally going to be a Halo film. Both seem equally unlikely.

Dirtbag

Deadly Cyclone said:
What does Chief in an ad do to sell Reach?
Sells halo games.
Maybe its not chief.
Maybe it shows chief then pans out to the other spartans.
Who cares? Another game announcement makes ZERO sense.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
It really looks like the Halo 3 LE helmet (as in, no CG, the real thing), but they added the body which looks CG/in-game - if it weren't from Bungie tweets I'd say it was a fan thing...

I've been playing ODST lately. Is it just me or does anyone else LOOOOOOVE firefight? It's so much more intense than horde mode in Gears. I can't get enough of it. I really hope Reach has firefight.

And the RvB video. OMFG. As you can tell by my Username, I love RvB. But I've always loved Haloid too. The Monty Oum thing was fucking awesome. I did not expect a full on action scene to take place. Rooster Teeth is fucking awesome.

Also, if they don't announce what Invasion is tomorrow I'm gonna rage.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Hydranockz said:
Oh sweet mother of spasms... what did you do Dani???? :p

Dunno, think the elephant was glitched through the floor geometry at some point. It kept moving through out the game after two folks had left and quit out. It wasn't too noticable but it got worse when some lag hit.

Some of the weird object interactions I've seen, from repeating floating items to tremors from the Elephant itself - it packed one hell of punch to kick players quite a distance away and trying to shoot from inside was trying to aim during a quake.

If you look closely at the videos, you see all kind of stuff happening in and around the elephant including lag related framerate drop.

Top Bottom