• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo Reach Reveal Thread - Matchmaking/Multiplayer Details Revealed

Riptwo

I thought the reflection in the visor looked like a 360 guide button. If the announcement is that the game is coming out on the 360...my work day will be kind of dull.

feel

urk said:
Three podcasts recorded in March.
Well... fuck, I could swear I heard "releasing" in March, but I'm too lazy to go back and re-read the latest updates, and re-listen to the recent podcasts, so carry on.

Aaaaand BTW, the latest sage and carney one was the first one actually recorded in March, you're telling me you guys have two more already recorded. Backpedal total confirmed lol, but that's ok, two podcasts releasing so close to each other was too good to be true anyway.

GhaleonEB

Letters said:
Well... fuck, I could swear I heard "releasing" in March, but I'm too lazy to go back and re-read the latest updates, and re-listen to the recent podcasts, so carry on.

Aaaaand BTW, the latest sage and carney one was the first one actually recorded in March, you're telling me you guys have two more already recorded. Backpedal total confirmed lol, but that's ok, two podcasts releasing so close to each other was too good to be true anyway.
Aye. I'm having a hard time being disappointed considering the deluge that's going on. The last podcast was a data feast, something new today, the Feast of Bones article, something else later this week. Another podcast on top of all that would probably kill us. I know my old heart couldn't take it.

urk said:
Gonna cancel it if you keep complaining. Don't make me turn this thing around!
I hate Halo Reach!
Infinity Ward buy their fans podcasts and ice-creams and skittles whenever their fans ask!

:p
These smiles are making this php dev survivable.

Neverender said:
Any bets on the focus of the next bucket of info? My money's on invasion.
I hope you are right. Invasion is what I'm dying to know about. If it turns out to be even a little similar to what I think it might be I'll go crazy.

urk

butthole fishhooking yes
AwesomeSyrup said:
I hope you are right. Invasion is what I'm dying to know about. If it turns out to be even a little similar to what I think it might be I'll go crazy.

What do you think it is?

Neverender said:

i think we won't hear about that till we are closer to the beta.

After that massive drop on the weapons in the sandbox I'm thinking we get to learn about "loadouts."

GhaleonEB

AwesomeSyrup said:
Just going from what little info there is in the video I think it might be UNSC vs. Covenant with a focus on objective game modes. I'm probably just hoping more than anything though. :D
There was a Slayer variant as well. It does seem to be Covenant invading vs. Humans defending, either themselves or objectives (the generators). I'm curious whether those are the only variants.

electricpirate said:
i think we won't hear about that till we are closer to the beta.

After that massive drop on the weapons in the sandbox I'm thinking we get to learn about "loadouts."
Yup, that's what I've been predicting. Sage mentioned that no one loadout is necessarily better than the other, so I think there's more to them than armor abilities.

GhaleonEB said:
There was a Slayer variant as well. It does seem to be Covenant invading vs. Humans defending, either themselves or objectives (the generators). I'm curious whether those are the only variants.

Yup, that's what I've been predicting. Sage mentioned that no one loadout is necessarily better than the other, so I think there's more to them than armor abilities.
Yeah seeing the Slayer in the vid is what confuses me.

Wizman23

Banned
Neverender said:

Bungie already said Invasion is most likely going to be the last reveal so I would say that is a few weeks away. My money is on loadouts being talked about in depth today.

My guess is that everything is revealed 2 weeks before the beta hits culminating in a multiplayer vidoc a week prior to the Beta.

GhaleonEB said:
Hm. I can't really think of anything other than armor abilities for loadouts, but I guess we'll see.

feel

-Yeti said:
Sit where?!?

Anyway, I would like to know what loadouts are. It's been destroying me not knowing.
Yes, me too. I want confirmation of huge drawbacks to each one, and long recharge times for the most part.

Zeouterlimits said:
I too hope for this, as long as it is customisable for custom games.
Oh yeah totally, I was referring to the default matchmaking settings. They gotta be 100% customizable for customs craziness. :D

Zeouterlimits said:
I too hope for this, as long as it is customisable for custom games.
Do I use sprint to get to the flag on Hallway or do I use the jetpack?!?!?!

EDIT: Actually, I would love it if players can use a snapshot of the map as a preview. As of now you can't tell the difference between any two Sandbox variations unless you go into the map first. A snapshot would go a long way.

Trasher said:
Putting money on it that it is sadly.

Bungie: "Hahaha it's gonna be SO funny when we tell them that MC is actually in Reach! *chuckle chuckle chuckle* Best joke EVAR!"

Helmet in that picture looks like this one btw:
master_chief_costume.jpg

Which is apparently a Master Chief collectors costume which you can buy for the small price of 750 US dollars.

http://www.urban-collector.com/machcoco.html

The scuffing on the helmet even looks the same as the one in the mysterious picture.
Good analysis, but the pattern detailing of the visor does not match the smoothness of the helmet's visor in the mystery pic.
807128991.jpg

The detailing of the visor is a little too smooth to me to truly point to the MC's visor. I sincerely hope I'm wrong, but we'll see. The other user of something similar to the mark VI helmets (and mark IV as seen in Legends) are Fred, the 2 others
who died in that episode
, and Jorge.

I really hope this isn't some sort of fan work - there's enough already, and while this does look like it would be high quality fan work, I'm more interested in seeing an actual ad campaign for Reach now.

ManCannon

Today's story will surface on Game Informer.com - not sure of the timing, we got the interview and a truck load of assets over to them a little late yesterday so I reckon it will take some time to get it all gussied up and posted.

If Monday's podcat wasn't a big enough hint, this week is Reach Multiplayer Beta Sandbox Week. (sorry, that doesn't include Invasion... stay tuned). Next week: The Maps of the Reach Beta.

And yeah, another podcast is not coming out this week. We did get another one in the can already but it's actually meant as a supplemental special edition show, it's not a "regular" podcast. It's something new we're trying to spin up, a periodic retrospective series. We'll still have a regular podcast for April though and we're going to try and cram it full of multiplayer beta goodness.

ManCannon said:
Today's story will surface on Game Informer.com - not sure of the timing, we got the interview and a truck load of assets over to them a little late yesterday so I reckon it will take some time to get it all gussied up and posted.

If Monday's podcat wasn't a big enough hint, this week is Reach Multiplayer Beta Sandbox Week. (sorry, that doesn't include Invasion... stay tuned). Next week: The Maps of the Reach Beta.

And yeah, another podcast is not coming out this week. We did get another one in the can already but it's actually meant as a supplemental special edition show, it's not a "regular" podcast. It's something new we're trying to spin up, a periodic retrospective series. We'll still have a regular podcast for April though and we're going to try and cram it full of multiplayer beta goodness.

Thanks, go pat yourself on the back with a Dr. Beckers ;)

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
ManCannon said:

Sounds good to me, I like assets. :D

GhaleonEB

ManCannon said:

So good. Thanks. :D

(Here's hoping "sandbox" includes vehicles. :p)

GhaleonEB said:
So good. Thanks. :D

(Here's hoping "sandbox" includes vehicles. :p)
Thank you, I'm glad I'm not the only person dying to hear/read/see about the vehicles. I need to know what new vehicles(if any) are like and I need confirmation the Gauss is back.

big ander

ManCannon said:

Ooh, is this that podcast where somebody is playing a Halo CE level? Excite :D

I am also looking forward to more Reach sandbox today.

ManCannon

Thagomizer said:
When's the next time we are going to get Campaign info?

Mid-June. Apparently there's some big thing going on in Los Angeles at that time.

Until then, it's all MP beta, all the time.

And I hate to be the bearer of potentially bad news...but I also feel bad when I see so much intense excitement and anticipation when I know the outcome. So, spoiler:
The Faclon is not in the multiplayer beta.

ManCannon said:
Mid-June. Apparently there's some big thing going on in Los Angeles at that time.

And I hate to be the bearer of potentially bad news...but I also feel bad when I see so much intense excitement and anticipation when I know the outcome. So, spoiler:
I'll live.

Schmitty

ManCannon said:

Fine by me. I'd rather have some things feel new than know about everything

GhaleonEB

ManCannon said:

Thanks for the heads up all around. Gotta save the best for last. Running into it in campaign for the first time will be epic. I still remember the first time I hopped in a Hornet on The Covenant. Good lord.

ManCannon said:

:(

Hopefully we get at least one new vehicle in the Beta.

I have... HIGH HOPES! High in the sky, apple pie hopes.

Top Bottom