• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo Reach Reveal Thread - Matchmaking/Multiplayer Details Revealed

Nutter

ManCannon said:
The load-out options will vary depending on gametype but you'll never get to choose a power-weapon in a load-out unless it's some kind of niche game that warrants it (rockets, snipers, etc..). In matchmaking all the load-out offerings will be configured by Shishka and company to support the specific gametypes. My understanding is that you'll be able to configure your own load-out options for customs.

no customs in the beta though

Good stuff, great fodder for Urk to dive into on Friday. Keep it coming.
So, is there a loadout with the DMR?

Kapura

Banned
ManCannon said:
Boy Urk is gonna be mad at me when he gets back from lunch and I'm spoiling his BWU with real-time updates. :D

So - Sage just specified more for me that Assassinations can only be triggered within an approx. 120 degree cone outside the players field of view (back and sides).

The assassination depicted in the trailer is misleading because you don't see the initial frames when the Spartan is getting spun around with the first hit, resulting in a face-to-face finish.

Currently in the games I've played, I recall each load-out offering a unique armor ability but almost all of them having the same weapons. Again, this is highly contextual to the gametype in question and will vary accordingly. You can totally pick up other weapons on the map though (which is why you see Jet Pack guys wielding DMRs and ARs).

(everyone please act surprised when Urk posts this on Friday)
So Loadouts associate a specific AA with a weapon set, but weapon sets are constatish. Sounds good

Pennybags

ManCannon said:
Boy Urk is gonna be mad at me when he gets back from lunch and I'm spoiling his BWU with real-time updates. :D

So - Sage just specified more for me that Assassinations can only be triggered within an approx. 120 degree cone outside the players field of view (back and sides).

The assassination depicted in the trailer is misleading because you don't see the initial frames when the Spartan is getting spun around with the first hit, resulting in a face-to-face finish.

Currently in the games I've played, I recall each load-out offering a unique armor ability but almost all of them having the same weapons. Again, this is highly contextual to the gametype in question and will vary accordingly. You can totally pick up other weapons on the map though (which is why you see Jet Pack guys wielding DMRs and ARs).

Multiple Christmases, every week! Thanks for spoiling some of the goodies.

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
ManCannon said:
Currently in the games I've played, I recall each load-out offering a unique armor ability but almost all of them having the same weapons. Again, this is highly contextual to the gametype in question and will vary accordingly.

Invasion = different weapons other than the AR attached to different Armor Abilities that we get to choose from using Loadouts confirmed, thanks. :D

ManCannon said:

Wow, that sounds insanely awesome. Thanks so much for the updates. We <3 U!!!!

ManCannon said:

Awesome! Thank you for the clarification.

I cannot wait until May 3rd!

feel

ManCannon always bringing the WIN with each post.

Blueblur1 said:
Hey, weren't you a junior? Did you just "level up"?
Yep, he was a junior a couple posts ago, congrats buddy, you can now post and not be scared shitless of a permaban for some silly mistake.

Kibbles

Deadly Cyclone said:
So what was the deal with the image that appeared to be a CG Master Chief?
We have yet to find out. Maybe tomorrow or Friday? Although tomorrow would basically mean it's an April Fool's joke, which is incredibly lame if so.

Dax01 said:
Should be practicing on that montage. :p
Oh wow that's right... What ever happened with the GAF montage?

Last I heard your computer almost exploded and you were going to do it in two parts and then merge them together at the end...

Mark V

Imperial Hot said:
This is the last time Game Informer is getting exclusive news from Bungie....what is taking so long?

There was a *lot* of information to digest. And isn't France like 8 hours ahead in their workday compared to the US?

GhaleonEB

Imperial Hot said:
This is the last time Game Informer is getting exclusive news from Bungie....what is taking so long?
Eh, be patient. The day is long. The only reason you're wanting the goodz right now is because the Cannon of Men gave us a heads up in the first place, which I appreciate. I'm not one to look a gift horse in the mouth, they've got horrid breath.

Man the Covie weapons look phenom. Fuck.

Also, I'm well aware this is a completely retarted question, but is there any chance of being surprised by MP mode with bots?

You know because it would be a pretty cool option that even many inferior shooters have. Bots are good, especially for those who don't happen to play online.

Trasher

Here you go. Re-host them if you want to use them:
halo-reach-xbox-360-113.jpg
Claimed

halo-reach-xbox-360-112.jpg
Claimed

halo-reach-xbox-360-110.jpg
Claimed

halo-reach-xbox-360-109.jpg
Claimed

halo-reach-xbox-360-108.jpg
Claimed

halo-reach-xbox-360-107.jpg

halo-reach-xbox-360-106.jpg

halo-reach-xbox-360-105.jpg

halo-reach-xbox-360-104.jpg
Claimed

halo-reach-xbox-360-114.jpg
Claimed

Did them pretty hastily, and some of them were a bitch to resize lol.

kylej

Banned
ManCannon said:
I recall each load-out offering a unique armor ability but almost all of them having the same weapons.

Is there a 'cooldown' feature for armor abilities? In Halo 3 it's 3 minutes between power weapons. Say I choose sprint at the start of the match because I want rockets and I die before I get there. On my loadout screen if I choose camo instead of sprint for my next life, do I have to wait 2 minutes or so for my armor ability to 'respawn'?

Popeck

kylej said:
Is there a 'cooldown' feature for armor abilities? In Halo 3 it's 3 minutes between power weapons. Say I choose sprint at the start of the match because I want rockets and I die before I get there. On my loadout screen if I choose camo instead of sprint for my next life, do I have to wait 2 minutes or so for my armor ability to 'respawn'?

Why would it be like that?

EDIT: If I have understood correctly, you won't be able to pick up the armor abilites from ground, so I don't see a reason for cooldown.

I also want to say how awesome it is of Bungie to be over here explaining some things to us, you guys seriously have the best community support for a game developer. Props to you guys. :D

Trasher said:
This is when it was just an infant though!
The Needler will be a god among men come May!

I mean, I know everybody stopped playing Halo 3 because I was dominating with it so hard but don't expect it to be any different in the beta.

Magni

kylej said:

According to the JV interview, it's a "short" cooldown, I'm guessing 10-15 seconds.

EazyB

Banned
So these articles are supposed to be about the sandbox right? Are we getting details on these weapons they're throwing pictures out there for or what?

I'm not sure how long I can look at that laser and be reminded of the fucking mess it creates in Halo 3. Until I know how its been nerfed for Reach it no amount of polys could make me happy to see that piece of shit.

Top Bottom