• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo Reach Screenshot Thread – SPOILERS

RedStep

This was a bad idea...

2s66hhk.jpg

3135fgi.jpg

MrBig

Reach's screenshots really don't look as great as the game does in motion.
Here's one with a quick touch up in photoshop
reach_1894608_Full.jpg

Rickard

I don't have my copy of reach anymore. Could somebody tell me what happens if you don't shoot the core with the mac cannon?

Shots from On Tilt Challenge today. New Alexandria is probably the most photogenic level in the game.

tilt1.jpg

tilt2.jpg

(Buck and I exchanging mutually respectful nods.)

tilt3.jpg

(Tilt doesn't help you once your shields are down.)

tilt4.jpg

(I'd be confused too.)

tilt5.jpg

tilt6.jpg

(Falcon was banged up pretty good by the mission's end.)

MrBig

New Alexandria and Exodus are my favorite in the game. They did a really great job on those in terms of both gameplay and visual presentation.

Trasher

reach_4238336_Full.jpg

reach_4238338_Full.jpg

These look so much better on my TV. :(

Some of you guys are getting yours to come out much better. What's your secret?

Brannon said:
Not a needle, but a Covenant sniper shot. Which is significant because (so far as I can tell) there are no Covenant sniper rifles in the game, and maybe, just maybe, they tested the first one on her, but didn't get it in production in time for the first Halo, and why we see it in 2/3/ODST

Unless there IS a Covenant sniper rifle in Reach, then disregard everything I've said.

It's a needle rifle. I just assumed all their shields were messed up from the emp earlier and the sniper got a headshot.

The focus rifle is effectively the covenant sniper rifle.

Trasher said:
http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh252/TJTrasher/reach_4238336_Full.jpg[IMG]

[IMG]http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh252/TJTrasher/reach_4238338_Full.jpg[IMG]

These look so much better on my TV. :(

Some of you guys are getting yours to come out much better. What's your secret?[/QUOTE]
I add 10% contrast to my shots as the images from exporting always look too washed out.

Trasher

Diablohead said:
I add 10% contrast to my shots as the images from exporting always look too washed out.
The resolution on mine are different than your guys' though. Am I downloading them off of Bungie incorrectly?

Its odd to me that the photo mode for Halo 3 looks amazing but is a leap ahead of the game and Reach has graphics a leap ahead of the Halo 3 photo mode yet its photo mode brings it back down a level what gives?

Grisby

Just wanted to post two of my favorites when I was playing pretty hardcore. Might try to get back in when they lower the map pack price.

Hld4W.jpg

PKvfP.jpg

emalord

Hi guys,

I know I'm quite LTTP, but I only recently started a blog about videogame photography and for me Halo:Reach is still a work-in-progress.

This game is so beautiful, and its photo-mode so deep, I decided to split my work on it into 3 segments:

The Covenant Files (devoted only to Covenant portraits)

5211506590_6e7ef31971_b.jpg

5529992867_9194a18dcf_b.jpg

5171913340_886dc4a22e_b.jpg

The Chronicles of Reach (following the main Storyline)

5530291764_9e97b7f84d_b.jpg

5210904387_46df0bbe90_b.jpg

5624044592_ff260b5830_b.jpg

And last but not Least the Postcards from Reach (self-explanatory):

5162340604_860b667a1e_b.jpg

5257932165_c0e83bd3d7_b.jpg

5162360224_22bcced773_b.jpg

If you like my approach, feel free to visit my blog for the 1080p photos, no hud no watermarks.

Being a work-in-progress I covered only until the "Nightfall" mission. Here you can see 2 'Postcards' from Nightfall which will be online only in the middle of next week.

And if you wonder why the pics are so crisp, it's because I slightly worked with the 'sharpen' effect via photoshop. It's a pity to lose some beautiful details just to save some Kbites of memory.

emalord

Dax01 said:
Awesome screenshots, emalord.

Thanks Dax01.
Concerning Halo: Reach I'm a man with a mission.
This game is considered one of the best FPS ever for all the right reasons, but I think it's also very underrated on the "art design" voice.
Because of the fast paced action the majority of the players probably did not notice how many small, fantastic details are scattered all over the battlefield and on the covenant faces.
The Hunter's neck, for example, moves and flexes in an incredible way, but you rarely notice this detail because you usually do not approach a Hunter just to look at its neck :)
And what about the Skirmishers? They look fantastic in close-ups when they scream.
Also: even on some barren battlefields such as the Tip Of The Spear arenas, you can always find a good backdrop to take a fantastic screenshot, possibly 'playing' with the light of some plasma explosions.
And sometimes, the moon itself is enough ;)
5601083798_347fb6b047_b.jpg

emalord

About Hunters and their neck :)

Here a couple of "discarded" screenshot of the "Nightfall" gallery.
They are less crisp than the others because, as a discarded pic, they did not receive the "sharpen" treatment via photoshop.

5634884783_540cf1ce68_b.jpg

5635465436_2c7d4ee7d3_b.jpg

emalord said:
Thanks Dax01.
Concerning Halo: Reach I'm a man with a mission.
This game is considered one of the best FPS ever for all the right reasons, but I think it's also very underrated on the "art design" voice.
Because of the fast paced action the majority of the players probably did not notice how many small, fantastic details are scattered all over the battlefield and on the covenant faces.
The Hunter's neck, for example, moves and flexes in an incredible way, but you rarely notice this detail because you usually do not approach a Hunter just to look at its neck :)
And what about the Skirmishers? They look fantastic in close-ups when they scream.
Also: even on some barren battlefields such as the Tip Of The Spear arenas, you can always find a good backdrop to take a fantastic screenshot, possibly 'playing' with the light of some plasma explosions.
And sometimes, the moon itself is enough ;)
http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5229/5601083798_bb18ba9050_b.jpg[/IM[/QUOTE]
Agreed, man. Nightfall definitely showcases that.

Top Bottom