• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach's Forge Mode Revealed

GhaleonEB

Bungie.net story

Youtube Version

The first part of the complete Comic-Con Bungie panel is here, link to the rest on the sidebar from there.​

38 new screenshots released on bungie.net, here. Looks like a new Firefight map, called Courtyard and some updated shots of Overlook are in the mix.

Media Coverage

Gamespot Forge demo video

A second, extended Gamespot Forge demo video from Comic-Con

IGN Forge article

IGN Armory video (player customization)

Pics of three new MP maps, including Reflection, a remake of Ivory Tower

In addition to Forge, Bungie announced a Firefight Versus Mode.

These are all from the same map, called Forge World:

Reach_Forgeworld02.jpg

Reach_Forgeworld03.jpg

Reach_Forgeworld05.jpg

Reach_MP_Pinnacle01.jpg

NH Apache

Banned
Don't forget Firefight and the new 360....One of the vids is the unboxing of the new 360.

Whoops, hadn't seen the other thread.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
"What are some of the tricks that the community is using, and how can we make those not be tricks, and just make those be tools."

Awesome.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Spaceman Spiff said:
New screens look shit hot.

Ascension returns as Pinnacle:

:D

COME ON BUNGIE YOU BASTARDS!

TURF
ENLONGATION!

TWO OF THE BETTER MAPS AND YOU HAVEN'T REMADE THEM!

*rage*

If I don't get a reveal of some "DLC hint" before Reach launches, I'm going to be a sad panda. Those were the only two maps I could stand to overplay in Halo 2.

Edit: As for the new forge: Neat. Looks to be more fun to mess around with than Halo 3's.

ant_

not characteristic of ants at all
Is it just me or does it seem like at some points they are shifting with gravity? Like individual objects have their own pull ( like Super Mario Galaxy or something )

The sheer scale of Forge World is absolutely fucking insane.

I don't have a creative bone in my body, but I can't wait to see what those who do come up with.

Headlong. Remake it, like yesterday.

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
Phase
Fixed

Ascension
Sanctuary

Bungie fucking did it. FUCKING NAILED IT. SO GOOD. :D

How come people aren't talking more about Covy FireFight??

A Penguin

Sweet, very excited for this...not for what I want to do, but for what people who are far more talented than I will churn out (I expect great things vhfive).

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
DopeyFish said:
whats going on at 4:41 :eek:
Yeah, the path is twisting in some kind of freaky way. I really want to know what is up with this.

And hey, haven't seen you in forever!

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
At least the forge pieces look more consistent now. So are there any weather effects? (Still watching the trailer, so no one jump at me.)

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, the weird gravity thing is at 5:00, too. The player clearly flips 180 degrees and lands on the ceiling. WHAT IS THE MEANING OF THIS?? :O:O:O

Edit: 5:31, too. This is fuggin crazy.

TheSeks said:
COME ON BUNGIE YOU BASTARDS!

TURF
LONGEST!

TWO OF THE BETTER MAPS AND YOU HAVEN'T REMADE THEM!

*rage*

If I don't get a reveal of some "DLC hint" before Reach launches, I'm going to be a sad panda. Those were the only two maps I could stand to overplay in Halo 2.

Edit: As for the new forge: Neat. Looks to be more fun to mess around with than Halo 3's.

fixed, and throw in headlong while you're at it.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
omg.kittens said:
Yeah, the weird gravity thing is at 5:00, too. The player clearly flips 180 degrees and lands on the ceiling. WHAT IS THE MEANING OF THIS?? :O:O:O

Halo/Prey like multiplayer? :D

Tain

Still no object scaling? They got those physics options in there, thankfully, but why not just let people turn a cube into a beam?

As far as I'm concerned, Forge World and Forge 2.0 will lead to remakes of EVERY halo map ever created. A few dedicated people will make perfect remakes, Bungie will recognize them, and they will be put into matchmaking. BELIEVE!

Yeah, there will be every Halo map ever in there.

What if they had a city-equivalent for FW too?

/greedysparrowsalwayswantsmore

Schmitty

Someone at the Q&A session should've asked if we can play as other Covenant species in Firefight other than Elites.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Incredible.

I already said it in the other thread, but the community is going to eat this up, my goodness.

This game is going to last for like, an eternity - a fitting final Halo game for Bungie, they didn't hold back at all.

And I also wondered about the gravity in certain parts of the ViDoc when the player clearly flipped... hmmm.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
So map remake checklist...

Ascension - Check
Sanctuary - Check
Lockout - Check
Blood Gulch - Check
Ivory Tower - ???
Wizard - Check

Did I miss anything?

I'm gonna watch the video a few more times to make sure I got everything.

Damn, Bungie did it right.

omg.kittens said:

Edit: 5:31, too. This is fuggin crazy.
Yeah, I was like who got Inception in my Halo?

Would like an explanation about that- is it really a gravity effect or just editing trickery?

urk

butthole fishhooking yes
GhaleonEB said:
I still haven't picked my jaw up off the floor at the scope of Forge World. Just WFT. 0_o

Game of the forever, confirmed.

Find the Spartan in the high res image. Those curved platters on the upper left are each one half of Ascension's base bowl.

Top Bottom