• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach's Forge Mode Revealed

Nutter

WARLOCK / WIZARD REMAKE

1o8xsk.jpg

SANCTUARY

vq4jnl.jpg

LOCKOUT

20sgg43.jpg

I hope we get a Midship now.

UltimaPooh said:
Already thinking of a Boarding action map! This time you can use jets to get across the level.

I've wanted a remake of Boarding Action for so long it's not funny. Like hearing about new vehicles! Downloading the Forge ViDoc now.

GhaleonEB

urk said:
Find the Spartan in the high res image. Those curved platters on the upper left are each one half of Ascension's base bowl.
Found him. It was like Where's Waldo?

Got a kick out of the die he's near, too. :lol

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
A free for all match that takes place over the entire island, with one life per player, would be awesome. A giant, epic, hours long hunt. It would take forever, but it'd be tense and fun. Well, maybe wouldn't be so fun once it got down to just two or three players... :lol

GhaleonEB

I can't remember where - I think in the last update - someone mentioned they made a Race variant that covered the entire map. I imagine it takes a while just to do one lap...:lol

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
i hope lockout, sanctuary and others are put in regular rotation right away... among others.

ninja edit: warlock can go die in a fire

ninja edit/pre-emptive strike: shut your mouth BR hogs er i mean DMR

Schmitty said:
Only 9 maps?
Yeah, this is pretty disappointing. I appreciate the endless blah blah possibilities of Forge World, but I don't want to spend all my time on the same Forerunner objects in the same lush Halo world.

Considering 'Reflection' is likely a full-blooded Ivory Tower remake and we played three of the other maps in the beta, there's not much to look forward to judging by that screen.

And it doesn't seem like Invasion is going to get much service. Is it even possible to set Invasion gametypes/objectives in Forge World?

ant_

not characteristic of ants at all
GhaleonEB said:
I can't remember where - I think in the last update - someone mentioned they made a Race variant that covered the entire map. I imagine it takes a while just to do one lap...:lol
Nurburgring Halo?

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Jin34 said:
2 things I got from this video is that we can make Super Halo Galaxy and Halo Kart :D
I'm more excited for this than I ever thought I'd be. I absolutely love the physics of the Mongoose, and some of the courses they teased in the vidoc look too good to be true.

EazyB

Banned
Didn't even see that there was a new thread. Multiple Halo threads in a single day SMH. Anyways, copying this from the old one:

2j10ab4.jpg

Look at this Shake. "Object Color." Separate from Team.

So many options in here that we don't really know about.

Shape?

I couldn't make out what the nudge feature was about either.

urk

butthole fishhooking yes
Shake Appeal said:
Yeah, it's the one they were doing daring Falcon escapes from the top of.

The leap from the top of the Spire, Falcon or otherwise, makes my butthole pucker.

Unfortunately this does me no good, if we can't put in enemy AI or make our own missions. Oh well, should be cool for the rest of you guys.

GhaleonEB said:
Click the stick to zoom in, and you move the object a tiny degree at a time.
Oh, it gets even better than that.

nudging.jpg

You can make minute, accurate, numerical adjustments to objects. Combined with Phased/Fixed options for physics and there is no reason for anything not to line up or merge perfectly if you apply even half the anal retention you did to Forging in Halo 3.

von zipp

Sweet Jeebus.

am happy, Bungie.

So much opportunity to create glorious maps, the possibilities are seemingly endless.

full of WIN.

EazyB

Banned
Shake Appeal said:
Oh, it gets even better than that.

nudging.jpg

You can make minute, accurate, numerical adjustments to objects. Combined with Phased/Fixed options for physics and there is no reason for anything not to line up or merge perfectly if you apply even half the anal retention you did to Forging in Halo 3.
Yeah, I was going to ask about moving/rotating along specific coordinates but that's what the nudge is all about.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
With these tools, I don't have to hope about my favorite maps being remade. The community will do that. I just hope there are tools for a Midship recreation.

Also, when I saw Asylum in the screenshot of the list of Forge maps, Prisoner immediately popped into my head. Oh man I hope so.

I'm sure you saw it Eazy but that space were Sanctuary was built looked PERFECT for Beaver Creek

Pappasman said:
Forge World Sanctuary is seriously my favorite thing in the vidoc
I think you mean 'Asylum'. Or is it 'Paradiso'?

Pinnacle = Ascension.
Hemorrhage = Blood Gulch.
I guess Lockout is more likely to be Asylum.

Dani said:
Full map list?

mapticles.jpg
Man, as awesome as Forge World is, I was hoping for more "real" maps than this. Having professional artists give each playspace a unique look really adds something. Having such complete control over geometry is nice, but the samey visual aesthetic will get old pretty fast I bet. I'm already good with never seeing a Sandbox map again and we've only had that a year :lol

Oh well, I'm sure what we do get will be quality. Hope you can Forge up Invasion maps- there's TONS you could do with that.

Pappasman

Shake Appeal said:
I think you mean 'Asylum'. Or is it 'Paradiso'?

Pinnacle = Ascension.
Hemorrhage = Blood Gulch.
I guess Lockout is more likely to be Asylum.

oh im not sure what the new name for sanctuary is.

i think the lockout map is called "the cage"

FilthyLies said:
Man, as awesome as Forge World is, I was hoping for more "real" maps than this. Having professional artists give each playspace a unique look really adds something. Having such complete control over geometry is nice, but the samey visual aesthetic will get old pretty fast I bet.
Yeah, that map list is troubling, especially since one of them at least is entirely Invasion-centric.

And it runs from B-Z, so I really think that might be our lot.

EazyB

Banned
May as well get it out of the way but here's just a few things off the top of my head that I didn't see that seem like they should be in there (with relative ease):

Undo/Redo
Select multiple objects & copy/paste
A very dark indoor area where the lights would be really usefull.

Kholdstare

Holy fuck this is awesome. We have already seen some pretty crazy stuff with Forge in Halo 3... I wonder how all this is going to turn out.

Now all we need is a way to search or join random custom games and we will be set.

I think they said something about undo during the conference Eazy.

Also while the list of maps is currently small there could be variations within them similar to Forge World, in which there are different maps inside larger maps.

soldat7 said:
Oh well, I hope we at least get a pack of 3 maps every 6 months for $15. That'd be sweet.

I love Bungie but screw this. They should not be following Activision's pricing models.

There's a description of the new vehicle up on IGN. They said it's like a cross between a Ghost and a Wraith. More agile than a Wraith, but a lot more fragile. Shoots the same plasma blobs as a Wraith supposedly.

Top Bottom