• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo TMCC |OT2| 3V4 Industries

Welfare

paF6UiL.gif

lmfao

Having finished Halo 4 on Legendary I would like to say...

Fuck Promethean Knights.

Seriously, fuck those guys, no obvious silhouette headshot..very difficult to bring down but low damage.. except the ones that carry beam rifles or rocket launchers.

They had some cool ideas with the Promethean dogs and the protectors.. but the knights suck as the heavy class.

Nah, they are easy if you know how to flank them, they cant hit you to the right and instant kills them, leave the watcher alone so the watcher will try to revive the knight and instant kill that dude too..

TheShocker

When this game works, it's beautiful. When it doesn't, a little part of me dies inside. Doesn't leave high hopes for H5, even though I like what I've seen thus far. 343i and Co. owe us big time.

dakilla13

I'll be honest. I really don't like Halo 2 Anniversary multiplayer. It just doesn't feel right, maybe because it's based on Halo 4 :(

Fuck being forced to fight the most frustratingly awful Halo enemies yet with the equivalent of a plasma pistol. I will never force myself to bear through Halo 4 legendary again, not even for the MCC.

I thought Halo 4 Legendary was regarded as the easiest of the series, a notion I agree with. Each Halo game on Legendary requires a certain way to "game" it to get through without losing your mind.

It plays nothing like 4.

Of course it does, it's on the same engine. People's blind hate for Halo 4 make them forget how good the game actually feels, all of its deficiencies and shittiness aside. Aiming, movement, both great. AAs, weapon drops, loadouts? Not so much.

Booshka

I thought Halo 4 Legendary was regarded as the easiest of the series, a notion I agree with. Each Halo game on Legendary requires a certain way to "game" it to get through without losing your mind.

Of course it does, it's on the same engine. People's blind hate for Halo 4 make them forget how good the game actually feels, all of its deficiencies and shittiness aside. Aiming, movement, both great. AAs, weapon drops, loadouts? Not so much.

It's not that good though, it just works well online. Movement is decent, lateral strafe is still nonexistant, player models are too big in relation to the environments, aiming and shooting is still stupid easy.

Unfortunately, the best Halo games in MCC are PC ports (Halo CE and Halo 2) with shit netcode and gameplay inconsistencies. H2A is dumbed down enough, with a good netcode, to provide the illusion of a good, classic Halo game, when really, it is extremely easy to shoot, and there is little to no strafing or out-shooting in 1v1 firefights. Just watch pro scrims and you'll see how the majority of the time, if they are shot first, they are gonna lose the engagement. It's extremely easy to land shots with Halo 4's shooting and aiming mechanics.

Luckily it looks like Halo 5 is gonna change that, and make shooting skill a bigger priority again.

I wish they would patch in a way to play H2 Legendary without being forced to have the Iron skulls effects on during co-op. For me and my friend, Heroic is a cakewalk, but H2's Legendary constraints put it more in the frustrating range rather than being fun like CE's Legendary was.

Jordan117

Now that the most glaring, fundamental issues have been kinda-sorta fixed, I keep noticing all the smaller issues that were overshadowed.

A big one for me is the lack of any postgame lobby. Previously in the series, after a game you'd go to the carnage report with the rest of the players from both teams. There was a lot of trash talk, sure, but it was also a chance to talk about the game with your teammates, offer some "good game"s if you played with decent folks, maybe even party up if you really enjoyed playing with them. Halo 3 took this a step further by rolling the entire session into the next matchmaking search after a few moments -- you had to quit back to the menu to leave the group.

But in MCC, when the game's over your party is disconnected from the session entirely and sent to the carnage report alone. If you were talking to your matchmade teammates (or opponents), that conversation gets cut off. And because there's no in-game indication of which players are talking, if you want to party up with somebody you enjoyed playing, you have to laboriously search through 3-15 players in the carnage report, sending messages to try and identify the right person (who's probably already in an unjoinable "Find a Game" screen anyway).

These aren't huge changes, but when coupled with stuff like the restrictions on team/proximity chat and the difficulty in accessing people's file shares, it puts a damper on the community spirit that flourished in previous games. Harder to talk to people, harder to party up, harder to share stuff, harder to find new friends. That's not what Halo has been about.

(Also, seems like adding in a postgame lobby that rolls into a new matchmaking session would help improve matchmaking times. If it's so hard for the game to find good matches in a timely manner, why disband the session and start from scratch after every game?)

Spasm

#bumperjumperdefaultsticksmasterrace
I just wish I could switch B and X. I know that's not Halo canon, but every modern game uses X for reload. Jumping between TF and MCC is more awkward than I like.

Also, fast and furious BTB matchmaking tonight... We back?

Mix

I really am enjoying the game at this point and wish 343 the best for Halo 5, but I think I'm gonna stick with destiny until it gets fixed 100% or the beta releases. Which ever is first.

Tawpgun

I really am enjoying the game at this point and wish 343 the best for Halo 5, but I think I'm gonna stick with destiny until it gets fixed 100% or the beta releases. Which ever is first.

You're a terrible Halo OP!!!!!

Has anyone confirmed what the deal is with BR starts?

Some peope were saying the latest update is showing them more consistently in the voting menu. Others were saying BR voting options was actually reduced in the last update.

I need more BR's in my life.

Has GAF accepted it's lord and savior?
BR55HB-BattleRifle-Transparent.png

Mix

You're a terrible Halo OP!!!!!

Has anyone confirmed what the deal is with BR starts?

Some peope were saying the latest update is showing them more consistently in the voting menu. Others were saying BR voting options was actually reduced in the last update.

I need more BR's in my life.

Has GAF accepted it's lord and savior?
BR55HB-BattleRifle-Transparent.png
Halolujah

Celestia

Now that the game no longer has microphone indicators, I went ahead and created a special playlist to share with my teammates every game. The quality of the new mic really helps.

UK6XgNb.png

My respect for you has increased tenfold...

#invertedforlyfe

A gaffer after my own heart.

Probably at 80%. Played 20 matches in a row without issue just now.

80% is an overstatement. I'd call it more like 60. Large improvements for most people, but some are still struggling, there's still a load left to do in terms of playlist settings and campaign stuff.

Top Bottom