• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo TMCC |OT2| 3V4 Industries

Thinking about picking MCC up this afternoon. Does it work yet?

Not exactly.

Some of the playlists can find you games. But you might still have issues even in those games. Other playlists are almost completely broken for a lot of people.

Campaign still has bugs.

Its more or less hit Beta stage. I would wait another month or so.

Xando

Not exactly.

Some of the playlists can find you games. But you might still have issues even in those games. Other playlists are almost completely broken for a lot of people.

Campaign still has bugs.

Its more or less hit Beta stage. I would wait another month or so.

Alright saving my money then, thanks.

blamite

I got into a few games yesterday in TS and SWAT, but matchmaking is still waaaaay too slow. Any other game would get me into a match in about half the time MCC takes. Anything over a minute and a half is too much.

SWAT's fun though!

OneUh8

For this game to be considered really working to me would be a few things. Dedicated servers, all the playlists, and a ranking system across all the games. They need to get it fixed and add in those things before Christmas.

RPGam3r

Yup. Keep it.
I have the game and its standing there in the HDD till they fix at least the SP issues. Im still waiting. I wouldnt recommend anyone to spent 60 dollars in Halo MCC yet.

Or as someone who has actually played the campaigns without issue you can just play it and see what happens. I know there are issues, but I also know many people who own the game who have completed all of the campaigns.

Xando

Or as someone who has actually played the campaigns without issue you can just play it and see what happens. I know there are issues, but I also know many people who own the game who have completed all of the campaigns.

50€ is too much for me to "see what happens".

Kssio_Aug

You can complete the campaings, but there are several issues, such as progress being lost, and that "fake co-op" issue (where the guy playing alone finish the level but count as co-op). To finish a level in Halo 2 you need to end the entire level non-stop, or restart it from the beginning. And I believe thats a general issue, if not, still very risky.

The game is not bad at all, its Halo afterall. But the collection is, imo, a pack of frustration, until these issues are really fixed.

So I have two xbox ones (roommates all have one, so real total is 3, but whatever) in the house and did some "tests"

With the xbox one on an open nat, every single playlist I'm finding games super fast. BTB takes slightly longer. But finding matches just isn't an issue.

On the xbox one with a moderate nat, match takes much longer. 4-6 mins. Usually the searching part goes fast, but stalls at "joining session". Eventually it works, just takes a lot longer.

On both xboxes, matching in titanfall is the same speed: super super fast. And i think that has the lower population.

So I have two xbox ones (roommates all have one, so real total is 3, but whatever) in the house and did some "tests"

With the xbox one on an open nat, every single playlist I'm finding games super fast. BTB takes slightly longer. But finding matches just isn't an issue.

On the xbox one with a moderate nat, match takes much longer. 4-6 mins. Usually the searching part goes fast, but stalls at "joining session". Eventually it works, just takes a lot longer.

On both xboxes, matching in titanfall is the same speed: super super fast. And i think that has the lower population.

FWIW TF doesnt do skill based MM I think. Same for CoD. Comparing those MM times to Halo is not really fair.

Not that I know what Halo MCC does right now. For all I know they are just jamming whoever they find into any game thats not ongoing. :p

Its kind of working for me. Last night i got put into 4 matches that were uneven. Like 3v4 or 4v5 and one was even 3v5. The system booted me from one game which tends to happen to other players. The last 2 games i played however were solid. When it works it works oh so so so well. I also keep getting shrine a lot and sometimes i wish people would choose bloodline brs more since...i mean come on its bloodline. Still a ways to go but its getting better. The campaign however is working great for me and seem to be unlocking achievements just fine. BTW i love the tracking of the achievements. Thats an awesome little feature.

FWIW TF doesnt do skill based MM I think. Same for CoD. Comparing those MM times to Halo is not really fair.

Not that I know what Halo MCC does right now. For all I know they are just jamming whoever they find into any game thats not ongoing. :p

Ive actually been getting pretty close matches in H2A in regards to levels. Theres always like some random high level player though, and when i look at the time played its pretty evident they are not really that high level. Especially when i play better than them.

And I'm really bad.

mbmonk

Is there a widely used callout system for H2A maps? I am a below average player so I won't be teaming up with MLG players.

The game itself has callout lables, but I have heard much more efficient ones. For example, so on Lockdown I could use the game's callouts ( Watch Tower ) or I could use ( BR tower ). I feel like more people would know BR tower vs Watch Tower, but I don't know squat.

Any suggestions or thoughts? Since I am going to be playing with lower level players like myself I am a bit torn.

Is there a widely used callout system for H2A maps? I am a below average player so I won't be teaming up with MLG players.

The game it's self has callouts but I have heard much more efficient. So on Lockdown could use the games callouts ( Watch Tower ) or I could use ( BR tower ).

Any suggestions? Since I am going to be playing with lower level players like myself I am a bit torn.

Yeah, sniper tower on Lockout is called S3. S2 and S1 are the levels below it. BR tower is similar -- B1/B2/B3. There are others, too, but I can't remember. Last I played competitively was in Halo 3.

The game itself has callout lables, but I have heard much more efficient ones. For example, so on Lockdown I could use the game's callouts ( Watch Tower ) or I could use ( BR tower ). I feel like more people would know BR tower vs Watch Tower, but I don't know squat.

Any suggestions or thoughts? Since I am going to be playing with lower level players like myself I am a bit torn.

There are, but you're usually safe just yelling something general people will understand

like zanzibar "they are under the wheel" or something.

singhr1

What's the current situation on dedicated servers? Still used rarely? Did Frank or someone give us reasons/a timeframe?

Chitown B

I thought the same thing too, but then I learned that you need to lead your shots. Drastically changed things for me in Halo 2 Classic MP. I used to be a huge anti-BR person.

Actually that's incorrect... H2 is hitscan. It's instant, not a true projectile. Halo 3 on the other hand is projectiles that need to be led, and has a spread.

Played a couple rounds last night without much of an issue..

Did end up with some 3v3 that kinda sucked.

But SWAT KOTH is pretty damn fun.

SWAT KOTH is just shooting fish in a barrel. If you go for the hill you're stupid because everyone has their gun trained on you. If you don't, there's no way to win. No thanks.

Chitown B

You can complete the campaings, but there are several issues, such as progress being lost, and that "fake co-op" issue (where the guy playing alone finish the level but count as co-op). To finish a level in Halo 2 you need to end the entire level non-stop, or restart it from the beginning. And I believe thats a general issue, if not, still very risky.

The game is not bad at all, its Halo afterall. But the collection is, imo, a pack of frustration, until these issues are really fixed.

You go in knowing the caveats and you're fine.

Don't save and quit in the middle of a H2 campaign level because it's not saving checkpoints. So just finish the level first. Also, don't resume a H4 level because it'll treat it as co-op, if you're going for Lone Wolf Legend.

Impala26

SWAT KOTH is just shooting fish in a barrel. If you go for the hill you're stupid because everyone has their gun trained on you. If you don't, there's no way to win. No thanks.

True, but it's still damn fun. If you can coordinate with teammates you only need one "goat" in the hill who's constantly stutter-stepping while the rest of the team tries to pick off those who are pot shotting the poor soul. If he/she goes down then someone else throws themselves into the ring.

I'll agree probably my least favorite variant of SWAT, but still fun. SWAT CTF is an entirely different matter though, and is intense as hell. I played two SWAT CTF matches last night (both H4--Pitfall and Skyline) and they were chock full of intense edge-of-your seat action. And that was just with randoms... :p

Jallopy

They will unlock randomly while you are using the system as long as they say "Done". They will also unlock with the correct date and time so it does not look weird while viewing them.

Yeah, I was watching TV, and my Pillar of Autumn achievement popped, after several weeks of "unlocking". Gave me a decent chuckle...

RdN

Halo 2 Anniversary SWAT is almost unplayable over P2P with this ridiculous netcode.

I can see why they didn't include Halo 3.. If over hitscan BR it's this bad, imagine how it would behave on the crap that Bungie pulled on Halo 3.

For this game to be considered really working to me would be a few things. Dedicated servers, all the playlists, and a ranking system across all the games. They need to get it fixed and add in those things before Christmas.

Not only that the ranking system needs to actually work. Being a level 5 and getting matched with 20's and 30's is laughable.

I just finished Halo 1's campaign last night. It's probably the 20th time, or more, that I've played through the game. It's just so awesome. The Maw! That drive to the finish line is still tense!

I still beat it on the first try LOL

Impala26

I get what it's trying to do, but it doesn't make sense and isn't clever.

It actually wasn't the original name, but so many people wah'd to Mix that his original title was "too slrpy" that he changed it to the current one--the one everyone was clamoring for at the end of the last OT.

I agree with you that it's not nearly as clever and funny as people seem to think it is.

Ape

Banned
I actually wasn't the original name, but so many people wah'd to Mix that his original title was "too slrpy" that he changed it to the current one--the one everyone was clamoring for at the end of the last OT.

I agree with you that it's not nearly as clever and funny as people seem to think it is.

i liked the first one. no big deal i guess.

I actually wasn't the original name, but so many people wah'd to Mix that his original title was "too slrpy" that he changed it to the current one--the one everyone was clamoring for at the end of the last OT.

Oh, what was it prior to this one?

Nothing is going to be "3 out of 4, not bad" and Frankie's subsequent meltdown over it. Is he still in a state of self-imposed exile?

COD:AW actually does have skill based matchmaking. So no excuse.

Don't know about Titanfall.

I had a few unlock randomly a couple days ago while using a different app. So, nothing confirmed, but they're randomly unlocking.

My sister was playing on my xbox on her account when suddenly it popped up that my account had unlocked an achievement.
She doesn't know anything about how achievements work on xbone so her reaction was basically "WTF?" and my only response was "I'm not even playing and I got an achievement. Get on my level."

Oh, what was it prior to this one?

Nothing is going to be "3 out of 4, not bad" and Frankie's subsequent meltdown over it. Is he still in a state of self-imposed exile?

What?

I had a few unlock randomly a couple days ago while using a different app. So, nothing confirmed, but they're randomly unlocking.

Yeah, I was watching TV, and my Pillar of Autumn achievement popped, after several weeks of "unlocking". Gave me a decent chuckle...

oh ok- probably my own fault- havent played longer than a few minutes to see if they will 'pop'

thanks-will check out this weekend

Leyasu

Banned
sometimes.

Yellow bar on P2P is killing me, seriously I have good internet, let me host PLEASE.

Dedicated servers just sitting there like what, glad that Microsoft aren't using Halo: MCC in their azure server adverts.....

Lack of dedicated servers is a disgrace!

Makes me think that they'll just throw halo 5 out on p2p as well

The other team won and definitely had way more deaths.

Still fun to have at least some point where people are moving towards rather than wondering the map looking for enemies.

The other team won and definitely had way more deaths.

Still fun to have at least some point where people are moving towards rather than wondering the map looking for enemies.

Yeah when it comes to objective games i do not care at all about my K/D ratio. Thats not how you win those games.

Top Bottom