• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo TMCC |OT2| 3V4 Industries

Meltdown? Can I see this post somewhere?

I think I found what he was talking about. It was simply a long post from Stinkles expressing concern over a negative title for Halo OT 20 setting the tone for the topic. The title was later changed.
It was a few months back, I thought Frank's post was very calm and reasonable. Didn't seem like a meltdown to me.

Agreed, but some people just sit back and kill the players playing a objective.

in my experience teams with a majority of players like that usually lose. Objective game types my strategy is usually get aggressive as possible. Especially game types like oddball and KOH. I'll die ten times running into that hill but get those windows when the other team is out of position and the hill is cleared. start racking up seconds.

A buddy and I love playing oddball for some reason, our strategy is just dog pile on the ball over and over. Win by attrition. Eventually one of us has the ball and the other covers him. Even if its for a few seconds, its a few seconds of the other team not having the ball. Dudes can sit there and kill people the whole match, go 30-0, but without that ball they lose.

Ive noticed that (obviously) for each player focused on kills, its just another player the other team has not going for the objective.

CTF i dial it back a little and try to get good lanes in and out of the flag capture area but if i can yell GATTACA and grab the flag and get it outside the base, its a lot easier to get than if its inside the base.

RdN

I just LOVE getting stuck in the Carnage Report screen and having to fully restart the game.

ABSOLUTELY. COMPLETELY. LOVE.

Edit: WAIT! It gets better! When I re launched the game, I can't play anymore since it's stuck "Downloading latest matchmaking data. Please wait."

Faaaaaaaaaaaaantastic.

Computer

This game is so fucking broken. Even when I manage to get into a game without the game crashing or having a 5 vs 3 the lag is unbelievable. Rubber banding teammates facing the wall. I don't know rather to be pissed off or depressed about my favorite game franchise. I will just watch the Iron Gaming tournament. Its better to watch Halo then to play it a month after launch. At this point 343 just needs to refund everyone and give the game out for free to all Xbox owners. Then again there would be a lot more frustrated people. To top it all off 343 dose not even listen to the fan base when it comes to Halo 5. That is literally the least they could do after all the fuck ups.

Havoc2049

One thing I noticed in Halo 4 SWAT CKOTH is that the hill spawns are NOT random and the spawn points are jacked-up, compared to regular Halo 4. Sometimes the enemy will spawn right in the middle of your team or you will spawn right in front of the enemy team. The spawn point thing is a problem with all the H4 SWAT game types in the MCC. This wasn't a problem in regular Halo 4 SWAT.

Where do I submit my Beta testing findings? Does 343 have a Beta testing submission forum?

;-p

I just LOVE getting stuck in the Carnage Report screen and having to fully restart the game.

ABSOLUTELY. COMPLETELY. LOVE.

Edit: WAIT! It gets better! When I re launched the game, I can't play anymore since it's stuck "Downloading latest matchmaking data. Please wait."

Faaaaaaaaaaaaantastic.

They're called next-gen features bro.

Is no one playing the campaigns here? I've beat 1 and 2 and I'm 3/4 through three.

I played them all so long ago and essentially skipped the storys that it's like experiencing it for the first time and it is magical. Halo 3 really takes things up a notch with "combat evolve" but I can't stand the fucking equipment and third person weapons.

I really hope for the next Halo they go back to the roots and turn Halo back into that "big battle between different factions" feel you get from the first three. The battles in Halo 3 are simply amazing and it be great if 343 those and amped it up even more. If they can somehow double or even triple the AI count in some of these big battles it would be amazing.

sam777

Is no one playing the campaigns here? I've beat 1 and 2 and I'm 3/4 through three.

I am. On the last mission of H1, playing through it with my cousin on legendary. The missions are pretty grinding in legendary but still fun.

Will most likely start H2 tomorrow.

Here's something new, every blue team player quit in CE and the game match didn't end so I had to exit manually.

Oh and your team can still betray to their heart's content in CE without being booted.

I am. On the last mission of H1, playing through it with my cousin on legendary. The missions are pretty grinding in legendary but still fun.

Will most likely start H2 tomorrow.

Halo 1 is extremely grindy. It was always my favorite but replaying them all back to back without any expectations has me thinking halo 1 is by far the worst of 1-3.

Halo 2 doesn't have any level that is the same caliber of truth and reconciliation, or Halo but its a much better game from beginning to end and the story with new CGI cutscenes is a massive step up over Halo 1

Halo 3 takes everything in 1 and 2 to the next level. I'm a little taken back by how much I am actually enjoying it.

Halo 4 is going to be interesting... I loved it on my initial playthrough but we'll see how it compares to the rest of the series.

sam777

Halo 2 doesn't have any level that is the same caliber of truth and reconciliation, or Halo but its a much better game from beginning to end and the story with new CGI cutscenes is a massive step up over Halo 1

I am looking forward to watching the cut scenes the most, they just look so damn good.

I am looking forward to watching the cut scenes the most, they just look so damn good.

They are truly a thing of beauty and really help take the story of the game to another level. I hope we see this done in Halo 5.

Honestly a lot of the talk is focused on the negatives -the broken matchmaking, bugs, and framerate issues- but they did an amazing job overall with the re-master on Halo 2. The upgrade graphics are stunning and really do take the game to another level.

Halo CEA always felt like a step back graphically form the original as they changed the art style and that negatively effected the game IMO but Halo 2 does the opposite here.

If Halo 5 looks identical Halo 2 (except hopefully in 1080P) I'd be more then okay with that.

VinFTW

Hopefully the lan drops have been fixed. Didn't that happen during the last championship? The game requires a random ping, even for lan.

Hopefully! At least they fixed the objective item glitches and juggling glitch.

So right about now is weekly MCC patch time. Think we'll get one today?

We just got one Sunday no? Idk if we'll get one this week.

I can no longer find any players. Fantastic.

You try turning instant on off and hard resetting your system?

I can no longer find any players. Fantastic.

I've been playing both at work and at home recently.

- At home, I've been having a harder time than ever getting a game. Although I've admittedly only tried about 5 times before going back to GTA V.

- At work it's been amazing. Every playlist is working, I'm finding matches consistently and quickly, teams have been perfectly matched in every game I can remember unless someone quits. I'm still seeing a few bugs here and there, but overall, it's quite good.

So yeah, no idea why the experience is so inconsistent between players/systems. I wonder if they are doing experiments at this point, and just trying to see what works.

If Halo 5 looks identical Halo 2 (except hopefully in 1080P) I'd be more then okay with that.

Yeah hopefully H5 will be 1080p as it won't have an option of switching to an old engine.

Halo 4 blows Halo 2 anniversary out of the water in MCC visually, imo. Even though that is at a solid, if not perfect 1080p 60fps, I kind of expect Halo 5 to be 900p 60fps. I would expect Halo 5's engine to just run way better than any of these ports, but I also expect a large detail increase, superior shaders/effects/lighting and hopefully massive battles on the scale of Halo 3.

Maybe they will even having dynamic resolution scaling. Whatever works and looks the best without sacrificing gameplay, scale, and framerate is cool with me.

Yea Halo 2 Classic is pretty broken if you don't know all the glitches.

My team literally only got 3 kills in all against a team who was using button combos the entire game. It's not very fun to play if you haven't played in years.

Celestia

Just nailed the Scarab Gun rocket jump. Felt so good to finally get it.

mzyd9JR.gif

Yea Halo 2 Classic is pretty broken if you don't know all the glitches.

My team literally only got 3 kills in all against a team who was using button combos the entire game. It's not very fun to play if you haven't played in years.

It's sad that after all these years, instead of just fixing their game Bungie just threatened players with bans. I wonder if 343i will addressing this? Considering their purist approach to the whole package I assume they won't.

Having said that, I've had some damn fun Halo 2 games. I just loathe games where I start with that weak ass Submachine gun. It basically ruins matches having to search for a gun, just to have chance to survive an encounter every time you die. It's probably the worst design choice in the entire series for multiplayer. Battle rifle matches are awesome though.

Fuchsdh

Yeah when it comes to objective games i do not care at all about my K/D ratio. Thats not how you win those games.
I am definitely the guy who will sacrifice himself to move the flag three feet and prevent the reset. I think some guys who are really good players get into a slayer mindset and even if they're playing objective can't make the sacrifices you sometimes need for the longer game--the guy who's just sniping and yelling at everyone else to grab it, for instance.

I am definitely the guy who will sacrifice himself to move the flag three feet and prevent the reset. I think some guys who are really good players get into a slayer mindset and even if they're playing objective can't make the sacrifices you sometimes need for the longer game--the guy who's just sniping and yelling at everyone else to grab it, for instance.
And they may be padding their kill/death ratio, perhaps.

I'll die over and over inching that flag across the map if I have to.

It's sad that after all these years, instead of just fixing their game Bungie just threatened players with bans. I wonder if 343i will addressing this? Considering their purist approach to the whole package I assume they won't.

Having said that, I've had some damn fun Halo 2 games. I just loathe games where I start with that weak ass Submachine gun. It basically ruins matches having to search for a gun, just to have chance to survive an encounter every time you die. It's probably the worst design choice in the entire series for multiplayer. Battle rifle matches are awesome though.

It was a BR match but it didn't stop me from getting curb stomped the entire match.

Mix

<3 same when it comes to objectives for the most part. I'm okay with dying for a good cause

you and me buddy, making the ultimate sacrifice
because we can't shoot
because were good teammates.

Toa TAK

Banned

Yup. I'm not a good player at the game anyways, so I try to help in any capacity possible.

Sephzilla

759.gif

You are the type of players Halo needs. The most frustrating thing I see on a somewhat consistent basis is people not grabbing flags just to prevent it from resetting.

I love the guy that rushes sniper and just yells at people the whole match to grab the flag.

WE ARENT YOUR SOLIDERS WERE IN THE FOXHOLE WITH YOU GET DOWN HERE AND HELP

Nebula

You're a saint.

Sephzilla

I love the guy that rushes sniper and just yells at people the whole match to grab the flag.

WE ARENT YOUR SOLIDERS WERE IN THE FOXHOLE WITH YOU GET DOWN HERE AND HELP

I'm kind of that guy.

But to defend myself - I grab the sniper at the start of a multi-flag Bloodline map and use it to actually defend my flag and also do scouting for my team.

Tawpgun

It's situational.

Sometimes staying alive and slaying is more important than moving the flag 4 feet. I'll admit that I tend to grab the flag whenever I can to try and inch it forward but I know if I'm playing a good team that won't work.

If you look at high level gameplay/tournament matches there are people who will sit on a flag not grabbing it because they know if they just try and inch it they will get bit in the ass and the other team will get an easy counter cap.

If tom cruise called Jackdog Nicholson to the stand and asks for the whole truth, id throw that dude right under the bus.

I still hold that the best strategy in oddball is get the whole team to pile on the ball from different sides in a massive cluster fuck, and the ball holder should jump off the map before being caught by the enemy.

ultimate sacrifices win games. I'll take that suicide penalty everytime to keep the red or blue menace off the rock.

I'm kind of that guy.

But to defend myself - I grab the sniper at the start of a multi-flag Bloodline map and use it to actually defend my flag and also do scouting for my team.

As long as after you lose the sniper/run out of ammo you switch your role.

I had a match last night on containment 2 flag where one dude stayed waiting for the tank to spawn instead of playing some D or blitzing.

Like they grabbed our flag and he still waited for a scorpion, fired a few shots in their general direction.

Sephzilla

As long as after you lose the sniper/run out of ammo you switch your role.

I had a match last night on containment 2 flag where one dude stayed waiting for the tank to spawn instead of playing some D or blitzing.

Like they grabbed our flag and he still waited for a scorpion, fired a few shots in their general direction.

I don't lose the sniper rifle.

(If I know I'm about to, I shoot off as much ammo from that thing as I can. Enjoy your 1 bullet sniper rifle, jerkface).

Yeah if I die I try to immediately reclaim it (because it's important) and after that I get pissed because I lost my favorite gun, and then it's clobberin' time.

Top Bottom