• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo TMCC |OT2| 3V4 Industries

Our next content update, which includes updates to UI and a variety of other areas, remains on track for delivery later this week. Additionally, final tests are underway for the Halo 4 and Team Hardcore playlists, and we are aiming to make these available within the next few days. Team Hardcore will launch with Halo 2 Classic variants only, and Halo 3 maps and game types will be integrated in a future update. Other fan favorite playlists are also in the works, including Team Snipers, Team Doubles, an objective-only playlist, and more.

Additional content updates are on the way, and will include added improvements for matchmaking, parties, and other top community items. Please stay tuned to this thread for updates.

empathe

I dont think the game is hopeless, I really really dont. I have 100% faith itll be fixed

What I do think is we are talking more like a few months rather than a few weeks for that to happen. If last nights "update" on what this patch is gonna contain is really all its going to contain, I think the truth of the matter is we are just so SO far away from it working.

I'm not at 100% by any means, but it's very clear to me that this game needed like 6 more months of development, but they were going to release it on the big H2 anniversary and in time for holiday Xbox One sales regardless of status.

Xis

Thanks. A whole lot of nothing.

Maybe that rumor is true that 343 is rewriting the game's entire netcode.

Yeah, all they've really promised for this patch:
* updates to UI and a variety of other areas

Later updates will have:
* improvements for matchmaking, parties, and other top community items.

Karl2177

Halo 3's effects are downgraded from the 360 version, simply because Bungie used a bunch of tricks to get it the way it is. Notice how the water doesn't react well anymore for starters.

Welfare

I dont think the game is hopeless, I really really dont. I have 100% faith itll be fixed

What I do think is we are talking more like a few months rather than a few weeks for that to happen. If last nights "update" on what this patch is gonna contain is really all its going to contain, I think the truth of the matter is we are just so SO far away from it working.

343 working on the title?

Yes [X]
No []

It's not getting fixed.

HTupolev

Pretty sure it's just Halo 4 with the water issue.
Yeah, I haven't exactly made an in-depth investigation of it, but the Halo 3 MCC water looks fine at a glance.

The graphical changes I've spotted with Halo 3 are:
1-1080p60 with AA.
2-Brightness curve washes out the image.
3-Color banding is problematic in a few spots (Floodgate sky being a big example).
4-Rendering of shadows for dynamic objects has an offset, which can give objects weird outlines.
5-Some objects don't seem particularly interested in receiving light (Sandbox).
6-Balance of transparencies/cubemaps/whatever seems to be adjusted in a few spots. Really obvious (i.e. looks awful) on the Valhalla bases. Either that or the brightness curves are playing crazy tricks on my eyes.

Yeah, all they've really promised for this patch:
* updates to UI and a variety of other areas

Later updates will have:
* improvements for matchmaking, parties, and other top community items.

oh yeah, the fact that they mention "top community items" is a little condescending because it sounds like they're only bothering to fix it because people are complaining about it, as if it were just a matter of player preference and not actually something as game breaking as it is.

Like the guy on the last page saying his experience was 10/10; it's only because the dude is going in alone and not with friends. Shit is broken as hell.

HTupolev

Is this game still broken?
It's less broken than it was in November. MM still sometimes has long search times, parties still occasionally break up in the menus, MM still has uneven team issues, MM still splits parties across teams, and most of the game-specific quirks (like janky reticle magnetism in Halo 1, forge not working in Halo 3, etc) are still there.

It's still very broken.

Fuchsdh

Mine? I'm just saying that 343 said the game had improved lighting and shaders. I also couldn't tell you exactly where I can notice a change, but the game does look pretty great for its age.

Here is one huge problem that I don't know if they fixed yet.

vcHgg2P.jpg

I didn't notice that looking for the Sandbox skull so I assume it's fixed.

Madness

I didn't notice that looking for the Sandbox skull so I assume it's fixed.

How did you get the skull? I remember downloading a game type that built transporters or tunnels straight to the skull so you could avoid the Guardians lasers back in the day. Don't even know if stuff like that will work in MCC or how.

Bread

Banned
Another Halo 2 classic playlist? Yes please.

I wish we could get a Halo 2 classic objective playlist though, I miss all of those big maps.

Fuchsdh

Over load the map with trip mines, then walk out and grab it.

That was how I believe I grabbed it originally, but my friend and I tried doing that and couldn't manage. I'm not sure if it's possible on the XB1.

How did you get the skull? I remember downloading a game type that built transporters or tunnels straight to the skull so you could avoid the Guardians lasers back in the day. Don't even know if stuff like that will work in MCC or how.

I've got a copy of a map built for that purpose. Someone can hit me up when I'm online and I can chuck it their way.

Is this game still broken? I kinda regret not getting a refund earlier...

It's still very broken for me. Trying to get a refund at the moment and this is what he said.

Him:
I hope you don't mind if I want you to tell me more about the issue with the game? We are aware that the game suffers some trouble with the multiplayer feature before but I believe that this has been fixed for nearly a month now.

Me:
That's what I thought when I purchased the game. it is still unplayable for me and I am unable to find matches in multiplayer. if I rarely do, there is a ridiculous amount of lag. I haven't even been able to find games in certain playlists yet.

Him:
I'm afraid that we will not be able to process a refund for the game that was purchased. Though we will help you fix the issue with the match making and frame lag for the game.

And then he proceeded to tell me port forwarding for my router in which I have already done.

And this to top it off:
Though, changing the settings on your network and for that to take effect. A hard reset is needed for your network devices. I just want you to experience the same gameplay like mine for that game, and I hope you truly understand that the game is not refundable. In fact the game developer gave all the Halo: MCC's owner a compensation with regards on the multiplayer issue the day they fixed the ongoing problem with the game server.

I'm not eligible for the compensation becuase I bought the game after the period where it's supposedly "fixed".

mbmonk

It's still very broken for me. Trying to get a refund at the moment and this is what he said.

Him:

Me:

Him:

And then he proceeded to tell me port forwarding for my router in which I have already done.

And this to top it off:

I'm not eligible for the compensation becuase I bought the game after the period where it's supposedly "fixed".

I recorded an xbox clip just a couple of days ago where my party of 2 was kicked from match making into a custom lobby. Depressing. :(

Him:

Me:

Him:

And this to top it off:

Guy obviously doesn't know what he's talking about. Call again, ask for a supervisor. Nothing should stop you getting refunded.

Overdoziz

Banned

Him:

Me:

Him:

And this to top it off:

Did you call or do it via chat? It's much easier to get things done on the phone.

That was how I believe I grabbed it originally, but my friend and I tried doing that and couldn't manage. I'm not sure if it's possible on the XB1.

I've got a copy of a map built for that purpose. Someone can hit me up when I'm online and I can chuck it their way.
The overload method worked for me on Xbox One.

dwells

Once again, Microsoft shows they don't give a damn about customers. If they cared even the slightest, they would have sent out a no questions asked refund policy to their support staff for handling these requests.

You shouldn't have to fight to get your money back for a product which is not only broken, but borders on fraud.

EDIT: It occurs to me now that credit card disputes might be an option for people who purchased physical copies and were unable to return them.

Akai__

Screw these Xbox Live service alerts. I just beat the par score for Halo 4 Reclaimer and achievement didn't pop, because the service alert is affecting achievements.

Not a big issue, but this happened like 5 times with other achievements already. Why are these achievements online only again?

Screw these Xbox Live service alerts. I just beat the par score for Halo 4 Reclaimer and achievement didn't pop, because the service alert is affecting achievements.

Not a big issue, but this happened like 5 times with other achievements already. Why are these achievements online only again?

I just beat Halo 2 on Legendary. Was looking forward to seeing the achievement pop.

"We can't show you your achievements right now" just doesn't have the same ring to it.

Havoc2049

What is a "service alert"? I just did like three different things in MCC that should have given me an achievement and none of them dropped. Will the achievements drop after the service alert?

Caayn

If you earn an achievement when you're offline it'll unlock when you go online. I assume the same goes for when there's a problem with the XBL servers.

Little update on getting a refund. Apparently MS no longer take care of the refunds for MCC and now I have to go through 343i to get one. No idea how to do that though.

Toa TAK

Banned
How did this collection become a disaster? I can't imagine it would be that difficult to port 4 games to a new console only to have it become the glitchiest mess of all time.

Chitown B

How did this collection become a disaster? I can't imagine it would be that difficult to port 4 games to a new console only to have it become the glitchiest mess of all time.

you can't imagine porting 4 games spanning 13 years over to a brand new console and intertwining them would be that difficult?

Havoc2049

All I played tonight was the new Halo 4 playlist. I didn't play with a party and didn't try any of the other playlists to see if their performance has been improved. Be wow, the new Halo 4 playlist is a big improvement. I played like 5 games in a row and was able to find games really quickly. It was nice to have the MCC work like a normal Halo game.

Team Slayer and CTF Monolith montage..
http://xboxclips.com/MajorHavoc+2049

Top Bottom