• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HaloGAF |OT| Not a thread about Halo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
So here's exactly why we got locked.

1. Too many complaints from posters about other posters. It resulted in stricter moderating and then ultimately what we have now, a locked thread.

2. General gaming news was being buried in HaloGAF rather than posted in Gaming Side first. General news was coming from the HaloGAF thread rather than HaloGAF posters in gaming side.

3. We're too self contained. It's like we're our own forum. That's not what GAF mods want

Mix

Sad day indeed. HaloGAF will never die however. I think we should've just called it HaloGAF and it would've been fine. The OT was only internally referred to as such. It would've been fine.

I don't want you to think we splitting up. I still love you guys.
HGS was nothing more than a prophecy. HaloGAF Survives

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun

1. Too many complaints from posters about other posters. It resulted in stricter moderating and then ultimately what we have now, a locked thread.

2. General gaming news was being buried in HaloGAF rather than posted in Gaming Side first. General news was coming from the HaloGAF thread rather than HaloGAF posters in gaming side.

3. We're too self contained. It's like we're our own forum. That's not what GAF mods want

Soooooo they give us a community forum, but want us to NOT be a community.

Seems legit.

As for the rest of it, so now we HAVE to post news in the main gaming forum or risk being "shut down?" Now it's our job?!? Wat?

Woorloog

Banned

Understand that point very well.
Unlike other OTs, we really are a community, ie what normally would be one forum, not just players of one game.

I have a feeling this thread will end up dead later on because we have no focus here.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
HaloGAF is way too hostile to newbies to be called HelloGAF, lol.

This whole thing seems kinda pointless to me. I guess I'm thinking two things:

1. Our community is still going to be centered around Halo.
  2. What's wrong with going off topic in the Halo OTs? Talking about shit other than Halo helps us get to know each other and stuff.

HaloGAF is way too hostile to newbies to be called HelloGAF, lol.

This whole thing seems kinda pointless to me. I guess I'm thinking two things:

1. Our community is still going to be centered around Halo.
  2. What's wrong with going off topic in the Halo OTs? Talking about shit other than Halo helps us get to know each other and stuff.

I've basically PM'd Y2Kev saying just this. I dunno what kind of answer I get but I think splitting the discussion across 2 threads is detrimental.

CyReN

Yep. I just... Who cares that much? Really.

guessing

ozzy-osbourne.jpg

senador

Banned
I don't see how moving the thread to another place will solve anything, won't the same types of things happen again? Those who wanted no meta at all now get nothing. Who wins?

Homeboyd

guessing

http://assets.rollingstone.com/assets/images/artists/304x304/ozzy-osbourne.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]
Haha #longhairdontcare

I mean there is literally nothing anyone could say to me that would make me PM a moderator about it. "He's being mean to me!!"

TCKaos

I don't see how moving the thread to another place will solve anything, won't the same types of things happen again? Those who wanted no meta at all now get nothing. Who wins?

I think that's the joke.

So basically too many people whine about having hurt feelings, we're apparently better at breaking news than the rest of NeoGAF combined, and we're a tight knit community posting in a community thread?

willow ve

This fucking game. Never really quit games in any Halo series. Ever. Then tonight.

Game starts 4v1 in Snipers - no teammates join, I'm spawn killed and finally quit down 20-3
CTF - 3 times in a row I join games losing by 2. On teams where there are only 2 players.
BTB - 2 games in a row join in progress with a team getting spawn trapped.

What the fuck 343? How did this happen?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom