• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HaloGAF |OT| Not a thread about Halo

Status
Not open for further replies.
So Eric Nylund is leaving Microsoft and I assume by proxy Halo.

Adios Microsoft
Posted on July 9, 2013 by Eric
My Microsoft colleagues know, but fyi to those outside of MS and my fans…

After 14 years at Microsoft Game Studios, I have resigned as the Narrative Design Director.

It’s been a great adventure—launching consoles and so many games. I still have my original XBOX signed by Bill Gates… AND it’s still running sans red ring of death

I’ve learned more at Microsoft than I did in my PhD program for theoretical physics!

Some memorable experiences:

Watching a talented game designer smash their keyboard to bits over their monitor in frustration.
Getting creep-ed out, seeing the Flood in HALO for the first time.
Locked in a conference room with key creatives all day, having to re-write the story on a AAA game after cutting one-third of the levels (not the first, or last, time this would happen).
Making my 1000th PowerPoint deck.
And most of all, working with talented and the most dedicated people in the video games industry.
I’m going to miss my Microsoft friends and colleagues.

So, what’s next?

I’m moving on to create something truly extraordinary. New company. Bold vision. Entertainment for the 21st century.

Stay tuned for details.

- http://ericnylund.net/?p=1174

Halo from a fiction point of view will never be the same.

Wrong thread.

Ghazi

Spwaking of Konohagakure, What did you all think of the last manga?

Haven't kept up with it in years, it kinda just went on too far and long and I wasn't able to keep up with the series. I read the super mainstream Shonen Jump (which includes Naruto) from time to time, though I don't know what's going on half the time anymore lol.

are you an expert?
Dude, he's more than an expert. Me and Sai have weekly Puella Magi Madoka Magica anime episode watching times over Skype, he's a rocket scientist.

Also, I am completely bored during summer:

0Jw3vn5.png

Ghazi

I'm not sure playing 48 hours in a week is something to brag about.

I'm not bragging, I'm losing my mind stuck at home. This is super unhealthy and I've been sitting down for so long that I've lost the will to keep up with my exercise regimen, it sucks and my parents won't let me out. I have nothing to do but read books, play games, or go on GAF. At this point I literally wake up, eat breakfast, and turn on my Xbox and stay in my room until like 8pm, then I move five feet and get on my computer onto GAF until like 11, it sucks.

Though I should get started on that programming course I wanted to take on Ruby.

Oh my god, I need to get your Dark Souls character built STAT.

lol, Dark Souls would be so refreshing to play after all the FPS and fighting games I've been playing nonstop.

m23

I'm not bragging, I'm losing my mind stuck at home. This is super unhealthy and I've been sitting down for so long that I've lost the will to keep up with my exercise regimen, it sucks and my parents won't let me out. I have nothing to do but read books, play games, or go on GAF. At this point I literally wake up, eat breakfast, and turn on my Xbox and stay in my room until like 8pm, then I move five feet and get on my computer onto GAF until like 11, it sucks.

Though I should get started on that programming course I wanted to take on Ruby.

lol, Dark Souls would be so refreshing to play after all the FPS and fighting games I've been playing nonstop.

Not saying you were bragging, in the bottom of your screen it says "Brag about it" just thought it was funny someone would want to brag about that.

Continuing on my spree of games over the summer! Just finished Far Cry 3.

The story is pretty generic on most points and i could figure out almost all the twists pretty well in my opinion but the voice acting is bar none some of the best i've heard in quite a while (especially of the villains). And doing most of the activities were damn awesome!

The feeling you get from successfully taking down a enemy controlled point with no detections or alarms raised so great!

m23

Continuing on my spree of games over the summer! Just finished Far Cry 3.

The story is pretty generic on most points and i could figure out almost all the twists pretty well in my opinion but the voice acting is bar none some of the best i've heard in quite a while (especially of the villains). And doing most of the activities were damn awesome!

The feeling you get from successfully taking down a enemy controlled point with no detections or alarms raised so great!

I'm playing through it right now, really liking it. Sneaking up on enemies never gets old. And yeah, that voice acting is very impressive.

TCKaos

So in other news if you google "Avatar The Last Airbender" the preview image, even with safe search on, is a picture of Katara with a penis fucking a sex toy.

Hilarious.

Discuss.

Ghazi

So in other news if you google "Avatar The Last Airbender" the preview image, even with safe search on, is a picture of Katara with a penis fucking a sex toy.

Hilarious.

Discuss.

wtf this is terrible, think about all the damn children looking this shit up.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!

Hilarious.

Discuss.
GIS got a lot worse when they decided to remove safe search.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom