• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HaloGAF |OT| Not a thread about Halo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fuchsdh

lol wtf.

Well that explains the Xbox One quite a bit.

I doubt the two are unrelated, given that in this case it's somewhat unusual to leave *before* your great new product is out. Either that or Zygna gave him some ridiculously good terms, considering how badly they are in need of a way to stop hemorrhaging.

Dongs Macabre

aka Daedalos42
This is what I think MS should do for Games for Gold. Start with some older and less well-known games, then gradually increasing in quality and date (plus, a lot of these games have DLC that MS could make money off of :p).

July:
Defense Grid
Crackdown

August:
Mega Man 9/Banjo-Kazooie (why not enjoy a fun game from a classic series?)
Singularity/Bioshock/Mass Effect/Fallout New Vegas/Borderlands (fun older games)

September:
Assassin's Creed 2
Halo 3 (around the time of its 6th anniversary)

October:
Trials Evolution
Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon

November:
Saints Row 3
Far Cry 3

December:
Bioshock Infinite
Halo Combat Evolved Anniversary (seems fitting, as Halo Combat Evolved launched with the original Xbox, and it can now end the Xbox 360)

Hopefully they don't just give us crappy arcade games for most of it (maybe even indie games if they're feeling evil).

Ghazi

This is what I think MS should do for Games for Gold. Start with some older and less well-known games, then gradually increasing in quality and date (plus, a lot of these games have DLC that MS could make money off of :p).

July:
Defense Grid
Crackdown

August:
Singularity/Bioshock/Mass Effect/Fallout New Vegas/Borderlands (fun older games)

September:
Assassin's Creed 2

October:
Trials Evolution

November:
Saints Row 3
Far Cry 3

December:
Bioshock Infinite
Halo Combat Evolved Anniversary (seems fitting, as Halo Combat Evolved launched with the original Xbox, and it can now end the Xbox 360)

Hopefully they don't just give us crappy arcade games for most of it (maybe even indie games if they're feeling evil).

You must be insane if you think they would give away any of the games past September, jesus.

Dongs Macabre

aka Daedalos42
You must be insane if you think they would do anything past September, jesus.

Well, the Xbox One is going to be released soon anyway, and these games won't be compatible. Plus, the DLC alone for some of these games could make MS a lot of money. Plus, it could get people to buy a month or 3 of Xbox Live just to get those games.

Ghazi

The install base is massive and this console generation was very long. The 360 will continue to get new releases and be supported for quite some time.
That's exactly my point, there's still lots of money to be made, but like I said below if they think they can still get some good profits off these then why would they give them out? I'm sure Halo Anniversary is a different story since that's first party and not exactly selling hot cakes with no dedicated MP and Saints Row 3 is viable since they've already given it out on PS+, but that's it and everything else has come out within the last year and I'm sure are still making fair sales. No reason to give something out for free this fast if you're still profiting from it (I'm speaking from the PoV of the third party companies/publishers that put those games out)

Well, the Xbox One is going to be released soon anyway, and these games won't be compatible. Plus, the DLC alone for some of these games could make MS a lot of money. Plus, it could get people to buy a month or 3 of Xbox Live just to get those games.

It doesn't matter, the 360's still going to be profitable and around for a good while, they can't honestly be expecting everyone to just drop their 360. Even users of the One are probably going to also hop on their 360 semi-frequently to play these incompatible games or something else with friends who didn't upgrade.There's still lots of money to be made, the DLC argument I could see a little bit but not many of these games have that much DLC. (Except SR3 and BioShock infinite, by December all the DLC better be out, Halo 3 yes though)
Some of these are some pretty big titles that money could still be made off of, I can't see them giving out something like BioShock Infinite or Far Cry 3/Blood Dragon this early.

Dongs Macabre

aka Daedalos42
That's exactly my point, there's still lots of money to be made, but like I said below if they think they can still get some good profits off these then why would they give them out? I'm sure Halo Anniversary is a different story since that's first party and not exactly selling hot cakes with no dedicated MP and Saints Row 3 is viable since they've already given it out on PS+, but that's it and everything else has come out within the last year and I'm sure are still making fair sales. No reason to give something out for free this fast if you're still profiting from it (I'm speaking from the PoV of the third party companies/publishers that put those games out)

It doesn't matter, the 360's still going to be profitable and around for a good while, they can't honestly be expecting everyone to just drop their 360. Even users of the One are probably going to also hop on their 360 semi-frequently to play these incompatible games or something else with friends who didn't upgrade.There's still lots of money to be made, the DLC argument I could see a little bit but not many of these games have that much DLC. (Except SR3 and BioShock infinite, by December all the DLC better be out, Halo 3 yes though)
Some of these are some pretty big titles that money could still be made off of, I can't see them giving out something like BioShock Infinite or Far Cry 3/Blood Dragon this early.

It will get people to buy Gold if they don't already have it, and possibly continue if they enjoy all the features it offers. Plus, it would be great PR for MS if they offer games that are on par with PS+. More consumers would start considering getting the 360 or One, while if they offer older games, people would complain even though it's free.

Oh, I thought you were referring to the free games going past September, not the specific games that the post referred to.

We are in agreement.

July:
Defense Grid
Crackdown

August:

September:
Assassin's Creed 2

October:
Trials Evolution

November:
Saints Row 3
Far Cry 3

December:
Bioshock Infinite

They announced AC2 and H3 as flagship free games and you think they're going to make games that released within the last year free? If only MS was so generous.

Ghazi

Oh, I thought you were referring to the free games going past September, not the specific games that the post referred to.

We are in agreement.
Yes, I realize I worded that poorly and have changed it!
It will get people to buy Gold if they don't already have it, and possibly continue if they enjoy all the features it offers. Plus, it would be great PR for MS if they offer games that are on par with PS+. More consumers would start considering getting the 360 or One, while if they offer older games, people would complain even though it's free.

It does make sense to get more Gold subscribers, but there'd have to be something in it for the publishers and I'm sure it'd cost more than they'd gain in Gold subs. But, as much as I wish they would, I don't think they'd just do it for the PR.

Ken

July:
Defense Grid
Crackdown

August:

September:
Assassin's Creed 2

October:
Motorbike
Far Cry Instincts Predator

November:
Saints Row
Far Cry 2

December:
Bioshock 1
Halo Legends

that seems more accurate

Ghazi

Gimme dat Infinite and Horizon for $10 each plz MS.

The new Tomb Raider looked bad with tacked on MP so it's not in my sights, Judgement was also pretty bad I heard so I'll just stick with 3 as I have the Season Pass for that, BRB downloading CoD DLC to see if it fixes the game.

Omni

I'm slowly going through Mass Effect 3 on PC again (been going for a tad over a month now... just bits at a time).
Really need to buy the thing that lets you make the key decisions of the first two games. Huge investment of time trying to go through them individually

I never realised how "terminator" the Banshees looked before

af7x.png
Literally the worst enemy of any game I've ever played. They're far too strong and aggressive.

Ghazi

I'm slowly going through Mass Effect 3 on PC again (been going for a tad over a month now... just bits at a time).
Really need to buy the thing that lets you make the key decisions of the first two games. Huge investment of time trying to go through them individually

I never realised how "terminator" the Banshees looked before

Literally the worst enemy of any game I've ever played. They're far too strong and aggressive.

After losing my save files for ME1 and ME2 and having bought Genesis 2 (the comic, story decision making interactable) I have to comment and say it's meh, it misses out on a couple of the big decisions too like
Maelon's data, condemning you to a dead Eve
and you lose a lot of the smaller interactions with characters from the past. It's great, of course, if you don't mind those and want to save time and it's pretty cheap.

Also, exactly before that cutscene fighting those 3 banshees & friends was a bitch on Insanity

m23

i bought it used at eb games for 40 like 5 days ago.....fuck this shit

Yeah, I know how you feel. I bought Borderlands 2 which is up for $10 and I paid $60 just a couple months back.

I loved the first game and have heard nothing but praise for Infinite. I am ready.

Such a great game, can't give enough praise to it. Combat could use a little work, but other than that its one of the best single player games I've played. 1999 Mode is a bitch though.

Risen

Eh, BD is cool but Far Cry 3 is better. I'd still play through both.

I've been playing FC3 with a buddy in Co-op a little. The frame rate is so bad it gave me a headache and I was surprised at how awful the AI and co-op play through are. This was such a hyped game and I've been completely disappointed. Is the single player significantly better or something?

I've been playing FC3 with a buddy in Co-op a little. The frame rate is so bad it gave me a headache and I was surprised at how awful the AI and co-op play through are. This was such a hyped game and I've been completely disappointed. Is the single player significantly better or something?

Far Cry 2 was crap too wasn't it?

Overdoziz

Banned
Far Cry has its moments, but in the end it's not that special. The only parts I really enjoyed were when I took out entire camps without getting detected. Aside there's nothing much except an awful storyline with mediocre missions or a million collectibles which give you nothing as a reward. Gameplay-wise Blood Dragon is pretty much the same.

And yeah, Far Cry 3 runs at a pretty consistent 20fps throughout the singleplayer on the 360.

Just bought FCI:p...

I had some good times with the editor back in the day, but I rarely touched the Singleplayer. I guess now is my chance.

Playing multiplayer, whenever we heard the banshee screams it wasn't like fuck a banshee run away, it was like fuck a banshee this is gonna be a droll, hell of hard and one person is probs gonna get instakilled, plus the fact that they can teleport, let out this crazy fire biotic charge that can almost kill you cause it lasts for like 15 seconds and they almost cannot miss it makes it just that much more frustrating. Glad i'm almost done the game, i couldn't handle the banshees anymore.

theyre like Promethean knights...but worse

Overdoziz

Banned
So I just tried streaming some Chivalry (Hilariously awesome game, by the way) and XSplit decided to end and restart the broadcast immediately a couple of times during the stream. Anyone ever had this issue? I've been streaming Trials for a couple of days now and I didn't have any similar issues.

Fuchsdh

Yup. I adored the combat in infinite. Only enemies I didn't like were the rocket bros.

The combat in Infinite is atrocious compared to any Halo game. Poor gunplay, more redundant weapons than 4, boring enemies (and even a sniper alley section!) The game is good in spite of its combat, certainly not because of it.

Dongs Macabre

aka Daedalos42
Bulletstorm is an awesome game, but I hate
how it makes me think I died all the time, then I'm like "Dammit", but then I get to the next part. :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom