• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HaloGAF |OT| Not a thread about Halo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ghazi

What's a Metroid?

I keed I keed, I've only played Metroid Prime hunters though. Metroid 2 was available from Club Nintendo a few months back but I didn't pick it up, starting to regret that decision a bit.

Fracas

#fuckonami
5FpjAMV.gif

kill me

I don't understand why they had to add so much story to Metroid. Super Metroid is amazing because there's a paragraph or two of text in the entire game and you infer the story by what you see around you. Then, in Other M (and to a lesser extent in Fusion, I've heard), they screw it all up.

At least some games still tell a minimalistic story. It's one of the many reasons why Dark Souls is so great.

wwm0nkey

I don't understand why they had to add so much story to Metroid. Super Metroid is amazing because there's a paragraph or two of text in the entire game and you infer the story by what you see around you. Then, in Other M (and to a lesser extent in Fusion, I've heard), they screw it all up.

At least some games still tell a minimalistic story. It's one of the many reasons why Dark Souls is so great.

The thing is though sometimes a story heave Metroid isn't that bad.

and gives moments like this lol

metroid01_032.jpg

ElRenoRaven

lol, having a hard time adjusting to ignoring your first person ever?

Looks like he is. First off people will quote who the hell they want. He's going to have to accept that. There is one person in Halogaf I have ignored too and when they're quoted I accept it and move on. Because I realize that others have the right to quote them if they so choose.

That's the one area I wish they'd improve here though. If you ignore someone even the quotes should just say ignored. It does defeat the purpose. But those are the cards dealt and it is what it is.

Omni

The only person I have ignored is some random guy who spoiled TLoU for me in the gaming section. No one in either HaloGAF thread annoys me to the point where I'd have to ignore them.

ElRenoRaven

The only person I have ignored is some random guy who spoiled TLoU for me in the gaming section. No one in either HaloGAF thread annoys me to the point where I'd have to ignore them.

The only reason I have the person I do ignored is because of the stuff they'd post. It was nonstop nonsense. I don't hate them really. It's just that I wanted to read actual Halo discussion and not the stuff they were posting.

ElRenoRaven

lol

I'm sorry but I really lol'd

It's sad because that's who it is too. I don't hate him. Not one bit. In fact I probably need to take him off because I don't really post on the actual Halo thread worth a shit anymore so I doubt this one is filled with all kinds of random stuff anymore.

*Removes the single ignore from ignore*

Sooooo... a couple people I know and my place of work were on the TODAY show...today.

Check out just one of the many programs that takes place on our base. Note: I actually don't get to work on the drones directly (I'm in a different wing in fact), but my work does help them as well as manned planes navigate and overcome jamming and other forms of electronic warfare.

http://www.today.com/video/today/52382935#52382935

Enjoy. For how short the piece is, it's actually somewhat educational if you're not exposed to these every day like me.

Ghazi

So apparently I got banned from Bing Rewards for "Using a service intended to obfuscate your true IP address or your location", the funny thing is that their website gives me an error page every time I try to access it normally as of late and I didn't think about it being "malicious" that it only worked if I signed into my account through a proxy. I'm not going to bother disputing it since I was in the wrong I guess, but for different reasons. laaaaaaame

Oh well, I guess this for the better since they can squeeze more money out of me for buying full point cards. I just hope it doesn't affect my Xbox account, RIP Ghazi.

Dongs Macabre

aka Daedalos42
So apparently I got banned from Bing Rewards for "Using a service intended to obfuscate your true IP address or your location", the funny thing is that their website gives me an error page every time I try to access it normally as of late and I didn't think about it being "malicious" that it only worked if I signed into my account through a proxy. I'm not going to bother disputing it since I was in the wrong I guess, but for different reasons. laaaaaaame

Oh well, I guess this for the better since they can squeeze more money out of me for buying full point cards. I just hope it doesn't affect my Xbox account, RIP Ghazi.

I can't use Bing Rewards because I live in Canada. D;

Looks like he is. First off people will quote who the hell they want. He's going to have to accept that. There is one person in Halogaf I have ignored too and when they're quoted I accept it and move on. Because I realize that others have the right to quote them if they so choose.
okay mom

Other M is an abomination to the series. I mean, I see what they were trying to do. But people just don't want that kind of story being fleshed out in Metroid.

All about that isolation and minimum story.

Also for Super Metroid fans, this is pretty awesome
It's certainly not something any Metroid fan asked for, but if it told a story worth telling and told it well, I bet people could have gotten behind it.

The problems extend to the gameplay as well. Having your powers authorized was some dumb shit. Run through a lava section while getting burned alive because Adam Malkovich fell asleep at his desk and forgot to authorize your Varia Suit! Limiting development to Wiimote only was also a gambit that didn't pay off. Casuals don't care about Metroid.

Also the music was all boring ambience. What happened to the catchy tunes?! I could hang out in Torvus Bog all day.

It's certainly not something any Metroid fan asked for, but if it told a story worth telling and told it well, I bet people could have gotten behind it.

The problems extend to the gameplay as well. Having your powers authorized was some dumb shit. Run through a lava section while getting burned alive because Adam Malkovich fell asleep at his desk and forgot to authorize your Varia Suit! Limiting development to Wiimote only was also a gambit that didn't pay off. Casuals don't care about Metroid.

Also the music was all boring ambience. What happened to the catchy tunes?! I could hang out in Torvus Bog all day.

Metroid Other M boss spoiler
Nightmare
's theme was pretty good, if a little generic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom