• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hands-on with GTA 5 on PC at 4K - IGN

FrsDvl

I'm pretty confident with my specs, al though my CPU is pretty ancient by now.

i5 750 @ 2.67GHz
6GB Ram
R7970 3gb

How do you guys reckon it will run? Not looking for 4K, since my monitor only supports 1080p

JakeD

Sucks about Steam but i'm not willing to download 60gigs (and i also want to be sure to be able to play it on the 14th and not after 3 days of download lol)

i'll probably go physical too. that download scares me and one form of DRM is preferential to 2.

CHC

Damn those screens don't even resemble the game that came out in 2013.... Amazing how different the various versions have become from each other.

Artex

Banned
Just give me oculus support so I can get high and then go into my virtual apartment and hit my virtual bong.

LilJoka

Explain your reasoning? I don't get where your line of thought is coming from here?

I was assuming that the screenshot with 2.6GB VRAM usage was at 1080p, but if that is 4k, then it shouldnt be an issue.

The recommended is a gtx660 2gb - I don't get what your problem is?

I dont think that means anything since they never disclose the settings for Recommended Specs.

Remf

I have an asus g74sx with the following specs. Will my graphics card be chugging if I play it on this?

Operating System
Windows 7 Home Premium 64-Bit
CPU
Inte Core i7-2670QM 2.2GHz
Screen
17.3"
Memory
12GB DDR3
Storage
750GB
Optical Drive
Supermulti Dual Layer DVD-RW
Graphics Card
Nvidia Geforce GTX 560M
Video Memory
3GB GDDR5

Also, I'm wondering if I can upgrade my card as I couldn't find any details about that online.

Wag

Hard to believe my 3 Titans will be struggling to play this at a decent framerate @ 4k. Ah well, never again...

Servbot24

Banned
Definitely looks like a game that is being pushed beyond its original intentions. Wonder what GTAVI will look like!

MaxiLive

I'm pretty confident with my specs, al though my CPU is pretty ancient by now.

i5 750 @ 2.67GHz
6GB Ram
R7970 3gb

How do you guys reckon it will run? Not looking for 4K, since my monitor only supports 1080p

It's super hard to tell until it is in players hands as no one has a clue how well it actually performs.

I would generally say expect medium to high settings at 1080p with the sliders set to reasonably low for a semi decent framerate. If you want 60fps I would guess turning some IQ settings off or knocking down certain settings to low/medium.

Again it is super hard to tell which graphics options cause the biggest hit so this is just a super general ballpark of that to expect.

T.O.P

Banned
Hard to believe my 3 Titans will be struggling to play this at a decent framerate @ 4k. Ah well, never again...

FE_DA_120823ObamaSweat425x283.jpg

kabel

I have an asus g74sx with the following specs. Will my graphics card be chugging if I play it on this?

Operating System
Windows 7 Home Premium 64-Bit
CPU
Inte Core i7-2670QM 2.2GHz
Screen
17.3"
Memory
12GB DDR3
Storage
750GB
Optical Drive
Supermulti Dual Layer DVD-RW
Graphics Card
Nvidia Geforce GTX 560M
Video Memory
3GB GDDR5

Also, I'm wondering if I can upgrade my card as I couldn't find any details about that online.

The 560M is as fast as an 450 GTS. Also the CPU is only @2,2Ghz....I think it should run at 30fps@middle/low stettings

And no, you can't upgrade mobile graphicscards unless they are MXM cards.

T.O.P

Banned
i5 4690k
R290 Trl X 4GB
16GB DDR

Can i go in without worries for locked 60fps at 1080p? fuckin hope so (got the pc a 2 months ago lol)

Klossen

Banned
i5 4690k
R290 Trl X 4GB
16GB DDR

Can i go in without worries for locked 60fps at 1080p? fuckin hope so (got the pc a 2 months ago lol)

It's really all guesses since we don't have any proper benchmarks but judging by the official system specs, the collaboration with the MP3 team, and the added dev cycle for PC, I'd say you'll be rocking it just fine at 60 fps 1080p. But don't bet money on it though since as said, it's all just speculation until the game is actually benchmarked.

AmyS

If I had a capable PC which I don't, I'd be more excited to play with triple screen and 3D than I would in 4K.

Anyone here currently set up with Nvidia 3D Vision ?

Sounds fantastic. Now next time, don't delay it by a year and a half, and don't string along the pc players with such shit communication.

Seanspeed

Banned
Sounds fantastic. Now next time, don't delay it by a year and a half, and don't string along the pc players with such shit communication.
I'd have the say the wait is sounding well worth it.

If we'd gotten this a year and a half ago, we'd have probably gotten little more than a more basic port of the 360/PS3 version.

Mister D

I wonder if my GTX 680 and I7 3770k will be able to do 60fps with a mix of high and medium. I've already double dipped and based on the benchmark results I might end up triple dipping since I'm still playing through the campaign on PS4.

I'd have the say the wait is sounding well worth it.

If we'd gotten this a year and a half ago, we'd have probably gotten little more than a more basic port of the 360/PS3 version.
I'd have been fine with the delay, but they were terrible at talking to their fans. That's what I have issues with.

If the port is as awesome as it sounds, I'll be happy about the end result.

details about how custom soundtracks will be handled in GTA V

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2015/04/08/five-reasons-why-the-pc-version-could-be-the-best-gta-v-edition.aspx

Custom Soundtracks
It may not be the Spotify integration we were hoping for, but Rockstar is letting players make their own radio station using music files on their computer. After putting copies of song selections into a specific folder, you can listen to them on the Self Radio station. An auto scan will identify new songs as you add them upon starting the game.

Players have a few different options for listening to these custom soundtracks. You can play them sequentially, shuffle the collection, or have Rockstar integrate them into a radio experience complete with commercial breaks, station IDs, bumpers, and banter between DJs Cliff Lee and Andee, who you may remember from Lips 106 in Liberty City Stories. In the pause menu you can choose whether you want to have the songs play in the order you have them in the folder or to let the game analyze the collection and build a playlist order.

If you don’t want to build your own station, you can enjoy some new tunes on the in-game stations courtesy of Rockstar. For the PC version, the developer added The Lab FM, hosted by Alchemst and Oh No, to the rotation. Artists featured on this eclectic new station include Earl Sweatshirt of OFWGKTA fame, Little Dragon, Tunde Adebimpe from TV on the Radio, Phantogram, Freddie Gibbs, Gangrene, Future Islands’ Samuel Herring, and more.

Pachimari

I'm not confident with my specs at all, but I only just entered PC gaming one year ago precisely:

Evga GeForce GTX 780
Intel i5 4670K 4C/4T
16GB of RAM

I just hope I can run it at 1080p with 60fps and the highest on population density and draw distance. Then I'm fine if I have to tone down other effects a little bit.

Remf

The 560M is as fast as an 450 GTS. Also the CPU is only @2,2Ghz....I think it should run at 30fps@middle/low stettings

And no, you can't upgrade mobile graphicscards unless they are MXM cards.

Thanks for the input kabel, appreciate it. Sucks that I cannot upgrade the graphics card though. Stupid salesman said I could....

I'm not confident with my specs at all, but I only just entered PC gaming one year ago precisely:

Evga GeForce GTX 780
Intel i5 4670K 4C/4T
16GB of RAM

I just hope I can run it at 1080p with 60fps and the highest on population density and draw distance. Then I'm fine if I have to tone down other effects a little bit.

You should be able to handle 4K@30fps if not 60. 1080p or 1440p@60fps will be ezpz mode.

I was assuming that the screenshot with 2.6GB VRAM usage was at 1080p, but if that is 4k, then it shouldnt be an issue.

That screenshot is indeed 3840x2160, if at that resolution it only uses 2.6GB VRAM, I think a 300$ card can handle 4k@30fps.

kabel

Thanks for the input kabel, appreciate it. Sucks that I cannot upgrade the graphics card though. Stupid salesman said I could....

Well what laptop are you using?
If the 560M is a MXM model, you're lucky.
But I also think that only old 5XXM cards would be compatible in that case....

I dunno.

If I had a capable PC which I don't, I'd be more excited to play with triple screen and 3D than I would in 4K.

Anyone here currently set up with Nvidia 3D Vision ?

I played GTA 4 with Nvidia 3D vision and it was a pretty good experience, the 3D effect really brought the game to life. It wasn't 100% compatible though, you had to turn shadows off and obviously the framerate took a hell of a hit.

If they have made GTA 5 fully Nvidia 3D compatible then kudos to them, still not enough to get me to support them though.

Seanspeed

Banned
I played GTA 4 with Nvidia 3D vision and it was a pretty good experience, the 3D effect really brought the game to life. It wasn't 100% compatible though, you had to turn shadows off and obviously the framerate took a hell of a hit.

If they have made GTA 5 fully Nvidia 3D compatible then kudos to them, still not enough to get me to support them though.
I thought you had the game. You were talking about the file download placement yesterday.

Top Bottom