• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hands-on with GTA 5 on PC at 4K - IGN

I'm sorry, but those reflections look bad. Cars are not that reflective, and the way the reflections warp near the edges of the door and such just looks cheap-y.
EDIT: Found a 'better' example of this.
The reflections look bad in stills but in motion they look excellent.

jaju123

Banned
Why can't they release Blu-ray physical media on PC yet? Or even SD-card media or something? Would make far more sense...

devonodev

btw kinda random but for those pre-loading on small SSDs (like I was going to):

keep in mind you'll need another extra 60gb free to unpack

i'll pre-load/unpack on a regular HDD and then move it over
Just as I thought I was prepared with my finished download, now I have to clear some space too! Thanks for the heads up.

Salsa

According to Rockstar, the recommended specifications are based on hardware that can run the game at 1080p, at 60 frames-per-second

mh

we'll see

what settings tho? sounds too good

Kezen

Banned
Aren't most of the assets the same from the 2013 release? Wouldn't surprise me...

It's a game designed with the old consoles in mind at its core, so obviously assets are mostly last gen in terms of complexity.

And the game already cost a lot to make. I wonder how expensive a PS4/XBO GTA with the same (or bigger) score would cost.

SparkTR

Why can't they release Blu-ray physical media on PC yet? Or even SD-card media or something? Would make far more sense...

Apparently GTAIV PC had a Blu-ray release. The answer to that is, there's barely anyone to sell it too. It seems like more PC gamers build PCs without disc drives at all these days, because they'll likely only use it once per year.

Kezen

Banned
Apparently GTAIV PC had a Blu-ray release. The answer to that is, there's barely anyone to sell it too. It seems like more PC gamers build PCs without disc drives at all these days, because they'll likely only use it once per year.

Maybe they will switch to blu-ray once producing X DVDs will be more expensive than one blu-ray.

i can't wait for the pc version to come out.. one of the main reasons

i think GTA V SP DLC will be announced next since all the versions are released now

one thing i wonder if it will continue with Michael, Franklin and Trevor or new character/characters like TLAD/TBOGT

AlanOC91

I hope to at least be able to maintain a constant 40fps+ on 4k with this rig:

AMD FX8350 OC'd to 4.8ghz
R9 290 in CrossFire
16GB RAM
Win 7

Dinjoralo

It appears I am the dingus today. Whoops.
Well, I'll just twiddle my thumbs and wait, I guess. Or just engage in conversation and look like a dingus some more.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
Maybe they will switch to blu-ray once producing X DVDs will be more expensive than one blu-ray.

I would imagine that the size of the install base of BD-ROM drives in PCs would be the decisive factor, not the cost of the discs themselves.

Denzar

"According to Rockstar, the recommended specifications are based on hardware that can run the game at 1080p, at 60 frames-per-second. For that, Rockstar suggest a Nvidia GTX 660 2GB or AMD HD7870 2GB."

Yeah, seeing is believing Rockstar.

Would be amazing if true. I'm squeezing the last juice out of my GTX660 ATM. Come may I'll upgrade to a GTX 980.

etta

my hard graphic balls
I wonder how my Q9450 + 8GB RAM + 750 Ti will handle this game at 1080p.

Probably medium settings, maybe some high, with a 45+ fps when V-sync off. I am debating what to do on mine, Ultra it out and lock it at 30 fps or do medium-high-ultra and get 60 fps. Decisions decisions...

I will try to max out the graphics settings and go to 30 fps if I can't hold 60. I kinda wanna play this on my TV... Or I use my G-Sync screen if I am close enough to 60. GTX 970-1080p+

Derp

btw kinda random but for those pre-loading on small SSDs (like I was going to):

keep in mind you'll need another extra 60gb free to unpack

i'll pre-load/unpack on a regular HDD and then move it over
tumblr_n9qzt4c3TT1rbc9h1o1_500.gif

bj00rn_

Banned
This kind of graphics in an open world game... Incredible. No one would believe this back when 3Dfx launched in the 90's. We have come a long way...

Indeed. For some of us with a longer history of following the tech of videogaming and understand the relative difference between a linear and a open world game, it's often a lot harder to get jaded when "experiencing" games like GTAV.

Yup.. Anyone know if it's possible to move the pre-loaded Social Club installation after it finished?

This port lacks one thing only and that's VR; I'm sure someone will add it someway or another... And then goodbye real world this is the matrix.

Aw yeah, might be some hope I can get this sucker up to 75 fps for the Rift whenever somebody mods support in for it. I just want me a bigger fp fov and just cruise around the world drinking it all in.

Never heard about PC GTA IV on bluray. Was it recent or one country?

It would be utterly ridiculous to release a GTA bluray in 2008. Not only did next to no-one own a bluray drive they were bloody expensive. Only since 2012 were they reasonably priced and I can only guess that 1-2% of people meeting the minimum requirements today have a bluray drive. Some laptops may have them but I'm sure it's a tiny percentage there as well.

I have one just for shits and giggles

Anyway, I think Rockstar could do a special order or a few months ago say hey we're going press 10k on bluray, and do more if needed.

Kezen

Banned
I would imagine that the size of the install base of BD-ROM drives in PCs would be the decisive factor, not the cost of the discs themselves.

I would imagine that you are correct. Honestly, it does not matter to me since discs are only used for install.

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
I hope to get 1080p 60fps High or 30fps Very High with decent AA on.

specs: i5-4590, 8GB, R9 290 4GB.

what do you think?

I hope to get 1080p 60fps High or 30fps Very High with decent AA on.

specs: i5-4590, 8GB, R9 290 4GB.

what do you think?

That sounds completely doable... but we still do not have any idea what the effect of CPU related cvars will be (although we have an idea on how the GPU related stuff scales). That could be more detrimental to 60 perhaps.

Joey Ravn

Banned
I guess that a 680 will be enough for good IQ at 1920x1080x60 (constant 60). But I really hope there's a good SLI profile right at launch so I can get the best out of my 680x2 setup.

Human_me

Im wondering how itll run since the 970 has that 4 (3.5) GB Ram Issue,....

i7 3770k on 4 Ghz
EVGA 970 superclocked
16 GB Ram
2560x1440 Resolution

Honestly that is wayyy over blown.
You should be fine as long as you don't get crazy with MSAA at 4k (which needs 5.7GB VRAM anyway if you are maxing it out).

Top Bottom