• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Happy Meals are dropping toys for books (for a while)

Status
Not open for further replies.

FrsDvl

But they did this last year as well. My daughter got a small Richard Scarry story. Wouldn't even call it a book, it had like 2 pages, and maybe 20 words.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
Letting kids play with toys isn't detrimental in the slightest

Did I day anything of the sort? I just said teaching kids to love reading is a good thing for them especially in the long run. Playing with toys is great as well and a perfectly acceptable alternative. I had as many books as I did Legos growing up and it was great.

I am not sure why people are getting hung up on such an inoffensive statement.

Wensih

Joining the list of books included with Happy Meals
the-jungle-upton-sinclair.jpg

Irobot82

Genuinely curious when they'll stop asking if it's for a boy or a girl and just ask which toy you'd prefer.

hehehe. It was always a bit of an ordeal when all three of my boys were demanding Shopkins over whatever the "boy" toy was. Oh the power of YouTube.

edit: As for the books, they all got Pete the Cat books, which they love.

Mr-Joker

Banned
If you're looking to score a mini Hello Kitty or Star Wars figurine with your kid's burger at McDonald's, then you're out of luck.

Yeah that was never going to happen since Disney hasn't been a partner with McDonald's since the early 2000.

Genuinely curious when they'll stop asking if it's for a boy or a girl and just ask which toy you'd prefer.

This nauseates me.

I have 2 daughters who are obsessed with Transformers, Marvel Comics, Star Wars, Adventure Time, you name it.

They couldn't give 2 shits less about Bratz, My Little Pony, etc.. but I pull up to the window and people are asking me if I have girls or boys, and I'm like "whats it fucking matter? I want the awesome boys toy (it sounds ridiculous but the boys toys are almost always higher quality), not the abhorrent pink monstrosities you're handing out to poor unknowing girls this week"

vita owners to start buying happy meals in droves

:(

I don't even like anime

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom