• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Harley Quinn invades iconic DC covers to promote DCs Harley Quinn day!

Messi

In honor of Harley Quinn’s 25th Anniversary, DC Entertainment (DCE) announced today new details on the bubbly Super-Villain’s takeover of DC’s annual Batman Day celebration on Saturday, September 23, 2017. Stealing the Caped Crusader’s spotlight, generations of fans will celebrate 25 years of Harley Quinn’s antics with festivities across the country, and around the world.

More than 5,000 libraries, comic shops, bookstores, and other partners worldwide will host “Harley Quinn Batman Day Takeover” activations, including cosplay contests, activities for kids and distributing free copies of three special edition issues. Fans can visit dccomics.com/batmanday to find local Batman Day activities.

BATMAN DAY 2017 SPECIAL EDITION #1 includes the first chapter of BATMAN VOL. 3: I AM BANE written by Tom King and illustrated by David Finch, plus an original 3-page Harley Quinn story by Amanda Conner, Jimmy Palmiotti and Bret Blevins. HARLEY QUINN BATMAN DAY 2017 SPECIAL EDITION #1 includes the first chapter of the JOKER LOVES HARLEY graphic novel by Amanda Conner, Jimmy Palmiotti and John Timms. For young readers, DC SUPER HERO GIRLS BATMAN DAY 2017 SPECIAL EDITION #1, features a sneak preview of the upcoming all-ages original graphic novel, DC SUPER HERO GIRLS: OUT OF THE BOTTLE written by Shea Fontana with art by Marcelo DiChiara and Agnes Garbowska.

Counting down to “Harley Quinn’s Batman Day Takeover,” DC’s award-winning original digital series DC All Access will host a can’t-miss Batman Week series of segments from September 18-23. The five-day Harley Quinn Batman Day takeover will spotlight essential books, debut a special “25 Years 25 Harleys” video tribute, and bring fans the latest Batman Day news. In addition, the DC Fans YouTubechannel will kick off “Batman Day Fan Week” on September 18, offering Batman and Harley Quinn fan tribute videos every day leading up to the “Harley Quinn Batman Day Takeover” on September 23.

DC has teamed up with an array of retail partners, including Barnes & Noble, Books-A-Million, Amazon, and Build-A-Bear, for exclusive in-store activations, digital promotions, and product displays from Warner Bros. Consumer Products. Additionally, Hot Topic will celebrate with a seasonal merchandise offering and Journeys will jump in with their DC-inspired Converse collection. Cross-divisional activations will also include Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment and Warner Bros. Consumer Products, alongside key partners including Funko, The LEGO Group, and Six Flags Theme Parks, to further spotlight the groundbreaking DC Super-Villain.

Marquee comic writers and artists will also participate in special signings to mark the “Harley Quinn Batman Day Takeover,” including Paul Dini, Frank Miller, Brian Azzarello, Andy Kubert and Klaus Janson. Adding to the celebration, exclusive “Harley Quinn Batman Day Takeover” posters, Batman and Harley masks, and postcards will be available at select retailers.

Digital readers can kick off the celebration a week earlier with the Harley Quinn 25th Anniversary sale, starting Sept. 12. The sale features Harley’s craziest and wackiest adventures, and continues through Batman Day. Beginning 9/19, a Batman Day week-long digital sale will include periodicals and e-books from many Bat-family titles including BATMAN, ALL-STAR BATMAN, BATGIRL and more. Each sale will include a special free comic – Harley Quinn’s first comic appearance (Batman Adventures #12), and the first issue in the new Harley Quinn and Batman digital-first series. DC will also be hosting a special one-day-only sale on Batman Day, discounting 100+ “Easter Egg” periodical issues that helped inspire DC’s massive publishing event, DARK NIGHTS: METAL. DC’s digital sales are available via readdcentertainment.com, comiXology, Google Play, iBooks, Nook, and Madefire.

Fans can visit dccomics.com/batmanday for more details on the “Harley Quinn Batman Day Takeover” festivities, participating stores, and in-depth coverage directly from original digital series DC All Access, and to download the official “Harley Quinn Batman Day Takeover” activity kit, including cut out paper masks, comic book activity sheets, coloring pages, trivia, and games.

Join the celebration on September 23 and share on social media using #BatmanDay and #HarleyQuinn25.

Here are the new and improved covers, art by Ryan Sook.

Image-4.png

Batman-251-again_HARLEY_SOOKREV.jpg

BMDKR_HARLEY_SOOK-720x1107.jpg

BM608_HARLEY_SOOK-b-720x1107.jpg

YAAAAAS QUEEN SLAY, SLAY, SLAY! THAT 4TH PILLAR MONEY MAKER.

I can't wait to get these. Love the Bolland tribute one most personally.

Here's to another 25 years. My favourite character in DC history, no one even comes close.

#HarleyQuinn25

She has quickly become one of the best characters in the DCU, and her evolution from a slihhty crazier Joker mook to her current form has been fun to watch. Glad to see how shes lasted this long and has become her own unique character.

hotcyder

Harley's transformation from Joker's girlfriend to anti-heroic abuse survivor is probably one of the best transitions in comics since... well, hard to think really.

Making Harley's skin all white and giving her the black and red hair is one of the worst decisions in DC's history. That shit triggers the hell out of me and should be sent back to the depths of Hot Topic where it belongs.

I enjoy blonde Harley with the dyed tips, but sweet baby Jesus, that red and black hair is just so stupid.

MUnited83

For you.
Making Harley's skin all white and giving her the black and red hair is one of the worst decisions in DC's history. That shit triggers the hell out of me and should be sent back to the depths of Hot Topic where it belongs.

I enjoy blonde Harley with the dyed tips, but sweet baby Jesus, that red and black hair is just so stupid.
Red and black hair is the best hair. Fight me.

Gin-Shiio

The spike in Harley's popularity came from the Death Squad movie, correct? I didn't watch that one myself, but all I got from the promo material is how SEXY she is. They really wanted you to get that. Is that all she has going for her, or is she actually a compelling character in the flick? Part of me, and I say that being admittedly ignorant of the film's contents here, believes that she simply struck a nerve with today's youth that seems to develop more daring clothing sensibilities by the day.

The spike in Harley's popularity came from the Death Squad movie, correct? I didn't watch that one myself, but all I got from the promo material is how SEXY she is. They really wanted you to get that. Is that all she has going for her, or is she actually a compelling character in the flick? Part of me, and I say that being admittedly ignorant of the film's contents here, believes that she simply struck a nerve with today's youth that seems to develop more daring clothing sensibilities by the day.

It didn't hurt, but Harley has been on the upswing for a while. She was pretty prominent in the Arkham games, which might have helped.

She's one of the few decent parts of the movie, but it's not her best portrayal by any means. She's a more compelling character in the source material. Long story short, she was a henchperson character created for the cartoon that was so well done that she was brought into the comics.

Pretty much!

jph139

I think Harley is on the upswing because she makes for such an atypical female protagonist.

The biggest female superheroines (Wonder Woman, Supergirl, Batgirl) are pretty noble, straight-and-narrow characters. Harley is morally ambiguous on her best day and doesn't take herself seriously.

"Goofy, sexy, tragic" isn't something women usually find in the genre.

The gap between her atrocious New 52 costumes and the Rebirth costume is astounding. I really love the "dyed tips" look - at this point I might even prefer it to her original look.

Messi

The spike in Harley's popularity came from the Death Squad movie, correct? I didn't watch that one myself, but all I got from the promo material is how SEXY she is. They really wanted you to get that. Is that all she has going for her, or is she actually a compelling character in the flick? Part of me, and I say that being admittedly ignorant of the fact film's contents here, believes that she simply struck a nerve with today's youth that seems to develop more daring clothing sensibilities by the day.

She has been super popular for a very long time. Much longer than suicide squad. That just amplified it. She is a completely fleshed out character.

Garlador

I think Harley is on the upswing because she makes for such an atypical female protagonist.

The biggest female superheroines (Wonder Woman, Supergirl, Batgirl) are pretty noble, straight-and-narrow characters. Harley is morally ambiguous on her best day and doesn't take herself seriously.

"Goofy, sexy, tragic" isn't something women usually find in the genre.

She's DC's Deadpool, really. A black and red comic relief anti-hero with a tragic backstory that cracks jokes in deadly situations while gunning down the opposition in style.

Top Bottom