• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Harry Potter [Mafia] |OT| “Yer a werewolf, ‘Arry”

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
I don't believe that Gorlak would have such a difficult win condition. You'd have to be marking only people who don't end up dying to even have a chance. He's hiding something big.

Yes. We can test his Roleblock, though. I'm assuming it leaves a flavour message because all the role PMs that explicitly use spells leave a message, so we can ask him to block someone for us tonight, and ask them tomorrow if they were blocked. If they say no, then we lynch Gorlak immediately. If they say yes, then we can leash him, at least until a later day when we can't risk a wildcard like that.

Gorlak

Banned
Yeah but you also role block in addition to marking, which makes you a higher priority target. So that's two additional kinks thrown into an already difficult role.

If you are talking about difficult roles, go ask Burb (or Rats).

I don't believe that Gorlak would have such a difficult win condition. You'd have to be marking only people who don't end up dying to even have a chance. He's hiding something big.

Look at my targets, don't you think they have high chances of surviving long? If my purpose was to block something else why didn't I go for someone with a PR? (Burb, Blarg, Rynam/TWE/Crab?) I have nothing to hide anymore.

Kawl_USC

Yes. We can test his Roleblock, though. I'm assuming it leaves a flavour message because all the role PMs that explicitly use spells leave a message, so we can ask him to block someone for us tonight, and ask them tomorrow if they were blocked. If they say no, then we lynch Gorlak immediately. If they say yes, then we can leash him, at least until a later day when we can't risk a wildcard like that.

Roy confirmed the punishment flavor text for Umbridge during the day yesterday so this is a valid plan moving forward.

Kawl_USC

If you are talking about difficult roles, go ask Burb (or Rats).

Look at my targets, don't you think they have high chances of surviving long? If my purpose was to block something else why didn't I go for someone with a PR? (Burb, Blarg, Rynam/TWE/Crab?) I have nothing to hide anymore.

Well both of those roles win with Hogwarts. In terms of win conditions, much less daunting than yours.

Your point on targets feels valid, I'll have to review their posts but they do seem like pretty safe bets for people surviving at least a few days since they were out of the spotlight.

Kawl_USC

Also, Sawneeks seemed to believe that the person she targeted N2 had received the Sword. Since it goes to any Hogwarts aligned role, discussing who had it wouldn't reveal a PR for sure. However, it would open the sword up to be stolen by a scum thief if they exist. It seems to be the additional way to destroy horcruxes that some suspected might be in the game. As a potential alternative win condition, I think we may want to keep information about who has the sword to a minimum. Others thoughts?

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
I'm not gonna learn Latin just for a Mafia game. Especially not for Blargs sake. I have to draw the line at some point.

Blarg said what is the Latin equivalent of "There's many a slip 'twixt the cup and the lip", which I translated, and then I said "I.e., no.". Then I said "Bitches don't know my Latin skills."

Kalor

Also, Sawneeks seemed to believe that the person she targeted N2 had received the Sword. Since it goes to any Hogwarts aligned role, discussing who had it wouldn't reveal a PR for sure. However, it would open the sword up to be stolen by a scum thief if they exist. It seems to be the additional way to destroy horcruxes that some suspected might be in the game. As a potential alternative win condition, I think we may want to keep information about who has the sword to a minimum. Others thoughts?

I think whoever has the sword should stay quiet about it for now since all it does is give the Death Eaters another target they could go after.

Kawl_USC

Blarg said what is the Latin equivalent of "There's many a slip 'twixt the cup and the lip", which I translated, and then I said "I.e., no.". Then I said "Bitches don't know my Latin skills."
Much appreciated. Earning back some good will from the near disaster at day's close.

Gorlak

Banned
Questions for today:
-what did Blarg do last night
-who did TheGoddamn/Miracle switch
-who did TWE sell his Horcrux to
-who got Crucio'ed last night

Well, you know... since Hyper is dead? But we are looking for signs of Stupefy.

Can somebody deliver input? Blarg get your head straight.

Okay. I just woke up. I'll post a full claim soon but fyi I didn't say I would die last night only that another use of my ability would kill me. Which is true in the correct context. I can successfully protect 2 more people at night, on the third person I die, but if Harry Potter is attacked at any point during the game I take a bullet for him.

Also Gorlak, that was the first read list I posted all game, of course I hadn't mentioned you before.

Kawl_USC

Well, you know... since Hyper is dead? But we are looking for signs of Stupefy.

Can somebody deliver input? Blarg get your head straight.

Oh duh. That's a good point. In all the craziness at the end of the day I had forgotten Hyper was the crucio user. So yea suppose they were stacking their powers to try to keep investigated people from spilling the beans.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Oh duh. That's a good point. In all the craziness at the end of the day I had forgotten Hyper was the crucio user. So yea suppose they were stacking their powers to try to keep investigated people from spilling the beans.

I'm slightly confused by Stupefy, then. If I were mafia, I'd literally never use it. At best, it is a mild irritation for whoever gets hit by it, at worst you get watched and lynched. If Stupefy and Crucio are separate roles, then I think Stupefy is a town role.

Kawl_USC

I'm slightly confused by Stupefy, then. If I were mafia, I'd literally never use it. At best, it is a mild irritation for whoever gets hit by it, at worst you get watched and lynched. If Stupefy and Crucio are separate roles, then I think Stupefy is a town role.

Yea, idk. Might be a have to use ability. I still find the chances of a town and mafia picking same target both nights stretching believability.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Yea, idk. Might be a have to use ability. I still find the chances of a town and mafia picking same target both nights stretching believability.

Yeah, I guess, But even then, if I were a mafia with a have-to-use stupefy, it becomes more obvious I'm mafia when it always coincides with another clearly mafia action (Crucio), when I could just target it at someone random and claim town when asked.

Gorlak

Banned

How would two seperat people target one person on the same night, two nights in a row? Very low odds on this one. My bet is on a communicating scum team. They know the role of said stupefied person and can use it against him (which is why I suspected you).

Kawl_USC

Yeah, I guess, But even then, if I were a mafia with a have-to-use stupefy, it becomes more obvious I'm mafia when it always coincides with another clearly mafia action (Crucio), when I could just target it at someone random and claim town when asked.

It does seem very eggs in one basket in that method. Gorlak, I can't remember with all the craziness but were you switched night 2?

At that point we would have a minimum 4 scum? Stupefy, Crucio (Bellatrix), Poisoner, Switcher. Have we noticed any other actions possibly scum aligned?

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
How would two seperat people target one person on the same night, two nights in a row? Very low odds on this one. My bet is on a communicating scum team. They know the role of said stupefied person and can use it against him (which is why I suspected you).

No, but this is what I'm saying: say you are mafia. Why do you use Stupefy, ever? It is a mild nuisance to town but doesn't actually stop anything from happening or get mafia any information or anything, it's a total gimmick role, and as a visiting role, it's something that can also get caught by a watcher or a tracker. What's the point of using it? This is what I don't understand about it. It made more sense when I thought Stupefy/Crucio were the same role, but with Hyper's reveal that's clearly not the case.

Gorlak

Banned
Gorlak, I can't remember with all the craziness but were you switched night 2?

Nope, wasn't switched at any time.

At that point we would have a minimum 4 scum? Stupefy, Crucio (Bellatrix), Poisoner, Switcher. Have we noticed any other actions possibly scum aligned?

Don't forget the lost kingkitty. Also a thief sounds reasonable?

roytheone

God damn, the end of day 3 was insane. In a very good way though, that kind of situations are the best kind of situations to look at voting behavior to try and find scum. It was extremely sudden so scum probably didn't had the time to talk it through and make a plan, plus the votes were still close enough that hyper could potentially have been saved by scum. That 20 minutes or so could turn out to be a gold mine of information.

About Gorlak: I didn't get a PM saying something changed or happened with regards to the mark. Also, I will say that the pm saying that I got punished didn't mention a role block at all. That is all I will say at this time about the role block being fake or real.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Also mafia ninja. Only way to explain N1 and N2.

Kalor

Nope, wasn't switched at any time.

Don't forget the lost kingkitty. Also a thief sounds reasonable?

I still think the only thief we have is TWE and I believe that he is neutral. Though it would make sense as you would assume Mafia have some way to interact with the horcruxes. Unless that is a secondary action someone can take.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Mind you, some of those may be the same role: there's a lot of multi-purpose roles in this game, even I'm sort of cop/lover mix.

Kawl_USC

About Gorlak: I didn't get a PM saying something changed or happened with regards to the mark. Also, I will say that the pm saying that I got punished didn't mention a role block at all. That is all I will say at this time about the role block being fake or real.

Gotcha. And yea I was going to bring up the fact that a role block wasn't mentioned by you when punished, but wanted to give you a chance to address that yourself first.

Kawl_USC

Also mafia ninja. Only way to explain N1 and N2.

This would be the only role I see as possibly non existent, it depends on you telling the truth. N2 was so jumbled with all the switching that I think the killer may have been able to hit without Rynam seeing. N1 seems to be a much simpler case.

Granted I'm leaning towards believing you in light of Gorlak being Umbridge but you could have gotten that information from crucio if you were scum.

I'll buy recruitable and dementor role block in addition to the four I listed above though. But as crab said there could be some overlaps. Although I think it's more likely there are secondary powers from these roles we haven't seen. Remember, Salva highlighted choice as the key theme. If scum got to use every tool at their disposal every night that doesn't really fit.

Excuse the flavour, but I looked up stuff on Dementors and while they are aligned with the Death Eaters they don't hold any real allegiances. They just go where the souls are to feed with.

Coincidentally Umbridge sics a couple Dementors on Harry in one of the books.

roytheone

Hey gorlak, just to make sure: your win condition is to make it to the end of the game AND have everyone still alive at that point marked? It is not like Sorian in NX where he won just by having everyone still alive marked at any point during the game? You HAVE to also make it to the end?

Ego sum melior quam plurimus .

WbvS85H.gif

Top Bottom