• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Harry Potter [Mafia] |OT| “Yer a werewolf, ‘Arry”

L?n? Pr?d?gy, ?f y?? ?r? S?r??s, why d?d y?? n?t cl??m wh?n Th?G?dd?mn cl??m?d th?t r?l? ?

If you're Sirius, why did you not claim when TheGoddamn claimed?

I explained it on the last page. I was going to claim to catch TheGoddamn in a lie, but Miracle went ahead and claimed George, and then TheGoddamn claimed Fred. Then everyone was talking about the switchers, so I wasn't going to come in and say "oh yeah I'm Sirius the Miller".

I was hoping to bait a scum action by dropping hints, but it just ended up making me look scummy instead. *shrug*

1. It's just flavour, so yes I think you have a different win condition which leaves the rest of town on their own.

1. oeFJay5.jpg

2. Don't be so secretive! What was different, how can you be convinced? Why would you withhold any of that? Do you believe we will blindly follow you now, when you just showed you didn't understand the results in the first place?

1. Exitus acta probat

Flame_AC

We should lynch L_P. He is a good target, Hogwarts or otherwise and to keep him around is very dangerous. I won't change my vote unless someone claims a death eater.

nin1000

Banned
Suddenly a wild daily prophet appeared

Hello hello my lovely readers. Today is another day for another interesting article.

Over the years we have seen some super weird creatures in Hogwarts. Most of them belonged to that gigantic Keeper of the Keys and Grounds.

We saw a three headed dog causing our famous trio some trouble back in the days

Film_HarryPotter_Fluffy.jpg

And there was this bird/horse that almost killed a Hogwarts student that one time and vanished miraculously before his execution date

tumblr_static_tumblr_static__640.jpg

But even though they both look quite intimidating they have one thing in common. Deep in their hearts they are nice little pets. (At least as long as you know how to calm them^^)

And now, last night when I was doing my research tour around the castle I discovered something. There was a creature wandering around the castle, tall as a grizzly bear but its fur had very odd colors. Black and white to be more specific.

I did not know what it was and what it was doing here but I smelled a story coming off it and followed it around. I will spare you the brutal details. Trust me it was not nice to witness but believe me, there is no way to calm it down. It is pure evil!

I hope it can be stopped before he can do more harm.

Until then, have a great day my dear followers.

Kalor

Well another day, another daily prophet that doesn't seem to have any potential information. I wonder if the creature is meant to be Sirius's dog form, that's the only thing I can think of.

We should lynch L_P. He is a good target, Hogwarts or otherwise and to keep him around is very dangerous. I won't change my vote unless someone claims a death eater.

You are actively supporting the most anti-Town move you could possibly make at this moment.

Why are you encouraging the utterly useless lynching of a verified Town Miller at this chronologically critical juncture?

All our power roles on the brink of annihilation and you want to help speed that up?

Do you want to waste Today?

Is that what you want?

LONE_PRODIGY IS NOT A REAL DEATH EATER, I'VE VERIFIED THAT SHIT MYSELF*

*admittedly took some time

Gorlak

Banned
You are actively supporting the most anti-Town move you could possibly make at this moment.

Why are you encouraging the utterly useless lynching of a verified Town Miller at this chronologically critical juncture?

All our power roles on the brink of annihilation and you want to help speed that up?

Is that what you want?

Don't you get it? All we have is your word on something you changed your mind about?! That is not trustworthy.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
?t w??ld h?lp ?f y?? c??ld ?xpl??n h?w y?? kn?w. ?t th? m?m?nt, y??'v? s??d s? m?ny th?ngs y?? th?n r?v?rt ?n, ?t h?s b?c?m? d?ff?c?lt t?? tr?st y??.

Half of the remaining players are coasting and you want to lynch one of the more active ones?

I've posted lists, reads, and voting patterns. I admit, my suspect list encompasses 1/3 of the player list but it wasn't pulled out of thin air.

Lynch me for playing badly. Lynch me for coasting. Don't lynch me because our cop investigated me but retracted.

I'm not dangerous. Gorlak can roleblock me for the rest of the game if he wants.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
F?r th? r?c?rd, ? ?m b?s?c?lly c?rt??n th?t L?n? Pr?d?gy ?s n?t sc?m; ?'m m?r? fr?str?t?d by Bl?rg?n??t th?n ?nyth?ng.

Flame_AC

Is that what you want?

A miller does us no good, we have no reliable candidate to lynch today because our investigators have given us nothing since KK. I wanted to lynch our first miller and would love to lynch this one too. We have to lynch someone and I think L_P would be a great choice. I don't think it's anti-town, more pro-discussion than waiting around for you to come up with another random target you backtrack on.

Don't you get it? All we have is your word on something you changed your mind about?! That is not trustworthy.

It's not just my word, Neutral-aligned Umbridge.

It's the result of my power that clears his name. I initially misinterpreted it, and now I've corrected myself, and informed you all of my error.

If the rest of Hogwarts decides to follow Gorlak here and lynch Lone_Prodigy today, you will all die in failure and shame. This is the eve of graduation here. Soon you'll all be in the wilderness without us.

Today's lynch target will decide the outcome of this game, seriously. Do not waste today's lynching on someone I've literally exonerated with my ability, even though it took me a moment to realize that myself.

If you all decide to lynch Lone_Prodigy, Hogwarts will lose. Unvote and desist.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
C?n y?? pl??s? ?pl??n 1. h?w y?? w?r? c?p?bl? ?f m?s?nt?rpr?t?ng ?n th? f?rst pl?c?, ?nd 2. h?w y?? w?r? th?n c?p?bl? ?f c?rr?ct?ng.

roytheone

Well another day, another daily prophet that doesn't seem to have any potential information. I wonder if the creature is meant to be Sirius's dog form, that's the only thing I can think of.

Well, Sirius his dog form isn't very tall, and it is also not "evil". I think it is referring to Lupin in his werewolf form, that fits a bit better.

Gorlak

Banned
Blarg, why is this day deciding?

And all you have to do to convince everybody is to show some proof of how his result differs from kingkitty's. Simple as that.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
?ls?, L?n? Pr?d?gy, y?? ?r? ly?ng sl?ghtly ?b??t y??r r?l? st?ll. Y??'r? n?t n?ght-?ct??n ?mm?n? ?v?ryn?ght, ?r? y?? - th?t'd b? cr?zy p?w?rfu?l.

Kawl_USC

It's not just my word, Neutral-aligned Umbridge.

It's the result of my power that clears his name. I initially misinterpreted it, and now I've corrected myself, and informed you all of my error.

If the rest of Hogwarts decides to follow Gorlak here and lynch Lone_Prodigy today, you will all die in failure and shame. This is the eve of graduation here. Soon you'll all be in the wilderness without us.

Today's lynch target will decide the outcome of this game, seriously. Do not waste today's lynching on someone I've literally exonerated with my ability, even though it took me a moment to realize that myself.

If you all decide to lynch Lone_Prodigy, Hogwarts will lose. Unvote and desist.

In before: "lol jk that was all the 17th ultimate gambit I've made this game to try to get reads. You played right into my hands! (insert stupid gif here)"

There's a reason you have lost credibility with a sizable number of players in this game and its entirely your own fault.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
?ct??lly, ?n s?c?nd th??ghts d?n't ?nsw?r th?t.

Gorlak

Banned
Well, Sirius his dog form isn't very tall, and it is also not "evil". I think it is referring to Lupin in his werewolf form, that fits a bit better.

I'm pretty sure BSP will give some input about this ominous black and white creature.

Oh boy, I'm really nervous about this day's Daily Prophet! It's about creatures! Look roy mentioned griffons. We have the miller dog claim! And I'm a werewolf?! I'm not saying aliens but...

latest

Flame_AC

?ct??lly, ?n s?c?nd th??ghts d?n't ?nsw?r th?t.

To L_P:

Actually, on second thoughts don't answer that.

Me now:

I think L_P should reveal, otherwise I'm not likely to budge. We've already had 1 miller try and hide the real part of their role, don't make their mistake.

Kalor

If L_P is only immune on certain nights I'm split on if he should reveal that information or not. It could go a long way for people to stop suspecting him but we also don't want to give the Death Eaters an obvious target if he isn't immune tonight.

Lynch me for playing badly. Lynch me for coasting. Don't lynch me because our cop investigated me but retracted.
Don't lynch me because cop investigation showed up scum and I'm claiming the second miller role of the game? Ignore the fact that every revealed scum is going to claim miller?

I'm sure KingKitty is rolling in his grave right now, realizing all he had to do was claim miller.

Flame_AC

Oh boy, a vote.

I've made my position on millers known since Day 1. If he wants to try and save himself he needs to give info since clearly we're not going to get it from any of our power roles.

Kawl_USC

Don't lynch me because cop investigation showed up scum and I'm claiming the second miller role of the game? Ignore the fact that every revealed scum is going to claim miller?

I'm sure KingKitty is rolling in his grave right now, realizing all he had to do was claim miller.

No Blarg is infallible. Ignore the other 5 times he has purposefully given misinformation to town and no that he is definitely correct now. Stop thinking for yourself.

Flame_AC

I agree with this comment, it's just too convenient. Blarg, you're role gets a character's name right? Or what do you get exactly, if you got Sirius from your investigation, why would you think and then say L_P is a death eater.

I'll trust in Blarg, for now. Blarg likes to Blarg, but I don't think he'd intentionally steer us wrong.

Unvote:Lone_Prodigy

I can't vote for myself though. So here's someone who hasn't posted today, and who's inactive in general.

Vote:Enker

Flame_AC

I'll trust in Blarg, for now. Blarg likes to Blarg, but I don't think he'd intentionally steer us wrong.

Unvote:Lone_Prodigy

I can't vote for myself though. So here's someone who hasn't posted today, and who's inactive in general.

Vote:Enker

Is there some sort of suspicion on you that I've missed. It seems pretty obvious to me you're town and will unfortunately die soon.

Kawl_USC

Is there some sort of suspicion on you that I've missed. It seems pretty obvious to me you're town and will unfortunately die soon.

People are doubtful on the existence of a second killer as we only have LoC's word that he has blocked two kills on both even nights. Something that is hard to verify unless a second kill is eventually successful.

Gorlak

Banned
Blarg did you even investigate Lone_Prodigy at all?

Just state how his result is different from kingkitty's. Just do it? ... You aren't able to, right?

Kalor

Blarg did you even investigate Lone_Prodigy at all?

Just state how his result is different from kingkitty's. Just do it? ... You aren't able to, right?

I don't think it was the result that was different.

so, uh

huh

well

Remember, pupils: don't ever make a Bad habit of leaving homework for later

UNVOTE: Lord of Castamere

VOTE: Lord of Castamere

yep, I learned that the hard way

brb dying alone in front of my reads list

There was something else that made him realize that L_P was a miller but I assume that Blarg only realized this other thing after he accused L_P. I have an idea what made him realize this but I'll let Blarg speak on that.

Kawl_USC

I'd say our cop is probably not too familiar with the intricacies of investigating given that he has only used it 50% of the time.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
I'd say our cop is probably not too familiar with the intricacies of investigating given that he has only used it 50% of the time.

Wh?ch ?s w??rd ?n ?ts?lf - ?nv?st?g?t??n ?s M?CH m?r? ?s?f?l th?n pr?t?ct??n.

Gorlak

Banned
Goddamnit Blarg...

Really? Are you nuts? In the interest of town, I think it's too early to give away all of your names. From flavour perspective one can easily see if you are likely to have a PR. McGonagall and Hagrid will probably have some kind of power. Any other teacher as well. Why would you want them to reveal to scum now?!

roytheone

?ls?, L?n? Pr?d?gy, y?? ?r? ly?ng sl?ghtly ?b??t y??r r?l? st?ll. Y??'r? n?t n?ght-?ct??n ?mm?n? ?v?ryn?ght, ?r? y?? - th?t'd b? cr?zy p?w?rfu?l.

He kind of answered that already:

"But Burb is a Miller with cool powers."

Yeah, but I'm just Sirius. I can transform into a dog and become immune to all night actions against me, but that's it. It's not infinite. Obviously I didn't use it last night.

Look back at my posts. I went on Hyper early. I tried to save Retroid.

Of course, he shouldn't reveal how many shots it is and how many he still has left, those are the kind of things you keep for yourself so that the scum has to guess a bit.

I have made my suspicion for him clear in the post I voted for him. Go read that if you want some points on why I think LoC is scum.

I want every single player to Name-claim ASAP.

Do NOT state your Role or any abilities you may have, just your character's name.

This is a bad idea I think. I agree with gorlak that a lot of the powers people have can probably be found out if you know someones name and have some knowledge about the source material, and since scum will probably have fake names to use this will only help scum to find people that have roles that will probably have some kind of power (Ron, Hermine, etc).

What?

Are you all so reluctant because you're somehow more important than Albus Dumbledore, Town Investigator/Doctor?

Do you fear being somehow more killable than me Tonight? That your precious name will take priority over mine?

I'm practically a guaranteed hit. At this point, none of you should have anything to be afraid of.

Don't object. Name-claims, from everyone, ASAP.

Flame_AC

I have to go drive back home from college, so I'll be back on late tonight probably. I'll think about your proposition Blarg, but I don't like the idea.

This is a bad idea I think. I agree with gorlak that a lot of the powers people have can probably be found out if you know someones name and have some knowledge about the source material, and since scum will probably have fake names to use this will only help scum to find people that have roles that will probably have some kind of power (Ron, Hermine, etc).

hep0A9h.gif

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
What?

Are you all so reluctant because you're somehow more important than Albus Dumbledore, Town Investigator/Doctor?

Do you fear being somehow more killable than me Tonight? That your precious name will take priority over mine?

I'm practically a guaranteed hit. At this point, none of you should have anything to be afraid of.

Don't object. Name-claims, from everyone, ASAP.

T?wn h?s m?r? th?n 2 d?ys l?ft, th??gh. Th?s ?s ? t?rr?bl? ?d??.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
? ?m l?t?r?lly s?ck ?f Bl?rg's st?p?d s?gg?st??ns. ?t's g?tt?ng t? th? p??nt ? ?m w?nd?r?ng ?f k?ngk?tty w?s T??l?r'd.

Top Bottom