• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hat in Time releases in 2 days, yet JonTron still seems to be in the game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah this is what I don't get, they could've silently cut him out. I won't blame the devs for not making a statement because of the risks of his shitheads going after them with death threats and doxxing, but couldn't they have just silently remove him? Would anyone notice?

Was it a backer incentive or something?

Perhaps the devs share his views? Seems a possible explanation for this.

I think everyone is extremely harsh towards Jon on this, he's a quality comedian who has a view and opinion different than your own, and suddenly everyone hates the man they all loved and went to for good quality content.

His views are not even extreme everyone needs to stop being such delicate little flowers and enjoy the damn game.

Bye with this fucking trash.

It’s always the junior white supremacist apologists who come out of the wood work.

CazTGG

Because that's all somebody can be, the sum of anybody parts is completely lost when something negative comes to light.

It would be extremely ironic if I was about white supremacists though.

...Yeah, because that's who they are. Jon Jafari is a white supremacist.

Just like how you're a white supremacist apologist.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Because that's all somebody can be, the sum of anybody parts is completely lost when something negative comes to light.

There's a big difference between "something negative" and "white supremacy and ethnic cleansing rhetoric", dude.

"Sum of anybody's parts"

He's an amateur VA and a Youtuber with repugnant views, man. Not a philanthropist.

Mik317

Perhaps the devs share his views? Seems a possible explanation for this.

thats a fuking leap and a half.

why do you all assume the worst about people?

It could be NDA related. They could legit not know as they are trying to get the game out...i mean the console versions are slightly delayed after all.

but no, they too hate non-whites...that is the first thing you all jump to.

Vimes

I think everyone is extremely harsh towards Jon on this, he's a quality comedian who has a view and opinion different than your own, and suddenly everyone hates the man they all loved and went to for good quality content.

His views are not even extreme everyone needs to stop being such delicate little flowers and enjoy the damn game.

Man I get the bad attempt at satire but--
Okay I was genuine and not trying to upset anyone,
I'm actually a big fan of Jon's and I was voicing my opinion.

jfc why

It could be NDA related. They could legit not know as they are trying to get the game out...i mean the console versions are slightly delayed after all.

Perhaps. Possible. Those are words with meanings.

L Thammy

Okay I was genuine and not trying to upset anyone,
I'm actually a big fan of Jon's and I was voicing my opinion.

This is why I don't play Metroid.

It actually isn't, but if this is "genuine", then you were genuinely telling us that white supremacy is not an extreme view. No thanks.

WonderzL

Banned

This isn't even Other M Samus.

I won't respond to it.gif

jholmes

The devs have continuously lied, told half-truths and ignored any sort of complaints about their behaviour. They are either doing this because a) they want to support the guy, or b) behaving shitty is just what they do.

But hey "the Wii U is dead" so lying to people and taking their money is fine. Maybe keeping a racist in your game is fine too.

Nanashrew

Banned

He's a white supremacist who got all his talking points from places like Daily Stormer, a white supremacist site because that is the only place that had fake, misread statistics on black men committing crime that he kept using in his debate against Destiny.

MouldyK

I think Anakin said it best: “If you're not with me... then you're my enemy!”

In which Obi-Wan replied: “Only a GAF deals in absolutes. I will do what I must.”

The devs have continuously lied, told half-truths and ignored any sort of complaints about their behaviour. They are either doing this because a) they want to support the guy, or b) behaving shitty is just what they do.

But hey "the Wii U is dead" so lying to people and taking their money is fine. Maybe keeping a racist in your game is fine too.

Yeah...

Something about this whole project has been rubbing me the wrong way. Not the least of which was taking the Stretch Goal money and shrugging when asked how the Wii U port was going. Pretty low if you ask me.

Besides that, everything I've seen recently looks exactly the same as the Alpha footage from the KickStarter with very minor improvements. It just looks kinda mediocre to me.

If only there was an incredibly easy way for them to sort that out, perhaps by stating what they actually think.

Oh, I'm by no means defending this nonsense. All they have to do is change an NPC's voice. Heck, just release a statement. I'm merely saying we can't just assume the worst until they speak up. Which, at this point, they're probably just gonna sweep this under the rug along with the U port.

DJwest

Some people will defend everything here huh? White supremacy is an "opinion" that we should respect huh? Get out of here.

Mik317

ok. who on the staff killed your dog?

whatever they did to diss your honor...let it fucking go.

They said they would look into making a Wii U version. They did. Probably didn't think it was worth it in 2017. holy shit

jholmes

ok. who on the staff killed your dog?

whatever they did to diss your honor...let it fucking go.

They said they would look into making a Wii U version. They did. Probably didn't think it was worth it in 2017. holy shit

They didn't look into it. They lied about what it would cost for a UE3 licence, then they lied about not being able to contact Dan Adelman.

But hey just because I was actually there and you apparently weren't doesn't mean you're not allowed to tell me I was wrong, I guess?

how about we wait before just assuming that then?

Wait for what? Game's out in a week. We've been waiting for half a year already.

ShdwDrake

Banned
I'm black dude?
I just like a comedian wow.

I'm black as well. Black people can be white supremacist apologists but I dunno why they exist tbh.

The negatives that come to light don't necessarily take away all past good deeds but your a shit person of your thought process takes you down a path where you hate because of the color of someones skin. We should expect people to be better. If John Tron had a different response he probably wouldn't have lost the fans that he did.

Only industry where this would happen. Keep him in for 6 months of development. Too afraid to even release a ststmenent about the guy who wants a white ethnostate in their game. Just to appease the racist gamer audience.

It's surreal. I've seen newspaper columnists and radio hosts lose their position over a weekend for making comments of that nature, even if they are later apologised for or claimed as said in the heat of the moment since there's no defence accepted. Jon hasn't even apologised but actually doubled down on his beliefs and will be happily welcomed into a for all ages game with a prominent audience of children?? Only in gaming.
But then in any other industry there would be parties along the chain who would feel uneasy for their companies name and reputation to be attached with a proud racist. Seemingly that doesn't concern Gears for Breakfast or Humble Bundle at least, having your company being associated with white supremacy is perfectly fine in the gaming industry and maybe even good for business!

Mmmm, that's a bit of a stretch. They likely are afraid of backlash and possible loss of sales. I severely doubt they're doing this as a sign of solidarity.

Sure, but statements like this will lead the discussion about this game, especially in user reviews on Steam & Co. The devs should have seen this coming.

I never known about this JonTron before his racists statements, so the devs who hired him (obviously before he revealed this) must noticed this too. They ignored it and that will possible end in a backlash and accusations as the one I mentioned will be surely made in user reviews.

Goron2000

best junior ever
Jon didn't randomly blurt out a racial slur, dude started talking about pure bloodlines. He's not just an edgelord kid. he's a full grown adult that has thought through his hatred and reached repulsive conclusions. In short, Fuck Jon Jafari.

Jazzem

Jon didn't randomly blurt out a racial slur, dude started talking about pure bloodlines. He's not just an edgelord kid. he's a full grown adult that has thought through his hatred and reached repulsive conclusions. In short, Fuck Jon Jafari.

A-fucking-men

Fuck JonTron and fuck his defenders for being tolerant of the grossly intolerant

TI82

Banned
Should be easy to update him out, I know I won't be supporting this game if that shitlord is still in it

Doubling down on indefensible racism tends to overshadow what a lovely singing voice he has, yes that tends to happen in reality. Asking others to 'get over' his repugnant beliefs and stop being delicate little flowers is what's getting you the side-eye by the way.

471.gif

Used to be a fan of Jons, found out he's a piece of shit (When his views first came to light), would rather he not be in games. He deserves no exposure. Really wish he wasn't a piece of crap.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom