• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HATSUNE MIKU Project DIVA Future Tone |OT| A gift to the millions of miku fans

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
There is per-song calibration now, so both the global timing offset and the song's individual offset is shown along with the total effective offset.

I've found that changing the offset from zero into the negatives will actually influence the audio cue, which quite frankly makes the whole thing worthless if you've guaranteed the lack of audio lag. I'm left with no choice but to keep the offset at 0 and adjust timing mentally.

Maybe I'll try and do the same. I just need to upgrade my TV to a newer less lag option.

Kumubou

Maybe I'll try and do the same. I just need to upgrade my TV to a newer less lag option.
This game really does not play nice with high latency displays, as there are no visual offset options whatsoever (unlike PD F/F2/X). The lag adjustment will help with laggy audio, but you really should be playing on a low-latency monitor if possible. Or barring that, changing your TV settings to the lowest latency settings available (which you probably should be doing anyway when it comes to gaming).

I'm glad it's probably getting an international release, but I probably won't double dip unless they do a physical collector's edition or something like that.

That being said, it's a fantastic game and I hope it does get localized so that more people can play it. I know having to buy from the Japanese or Asian PS stores was too high of a barrier for many.

zMiiChy-

Banned
I really want to buy this game if it ever goes on sale.
Would anyone happen to know if there's any reliable way to track Japanese PSN sales?

I really want to buy this game if it ever goes on sale.
Would anyone happen to know if there's any reliable way to track Japanese PSN sales?
I don't think any Project DIVA title has ever gone on sale Japan-side. The only price reduction I can recall happening is F 2nd DLC getting a price drop months after it all came out.

Do we have confirmation on when the 2nd song pack is releasing? I remember I think it's PianoxFortexScandal and another one but not sure if a date was ever given?

Do we have confirmation on when the 2nd song pack is releasing? I remember I think it's PianoxFortexScandal and another one but not sure if a date was ever given?

Back when they announced the season pass they said that the second pack is planned for December. I haven't heard anything since so I guess the timeframe still stands. The songs should be Kimi no Taion, Skeleton Orchestra, Hand in Hand and LOL.

Piano x Forte x Scandal should be in the third pack, along with Resonate and two yet to be revealed songs in 2017.

I actually wonder if support for Arcade will cease after those two songs are added. I hope not.

Tenshi

Neo Member
It's very cool that the Diva X controller still remains programed after being unplug from the PS4. I plugged it up to my PS4 Pro and the programmed button settings still remained.

Back when they announced the season pass they said that the second pack is planned for December. I haven't heard anything since so I guess the timeframe still stands. The songs should be Kimi no Taion, Skeleton Orchestra, Hand in Hand and LOL.

Piano x Forte x Scandal should be in the third pack, along with Resonate and two yet to be revealed songs in 2017.

I actually wonder if support for Arcade will cease after those two songs are added. I hope not.

Got it, thanks. Everyday that we don't see a collaboration to get Gumi songs added in HD is another day I am saddened but thats a pipe-dream anyway.

After these next 2 packs what exactly are we missing?

muteki

Got it, thanks. Everyday that we don't see a collaboration to get Gumi songs added in HD is another day I am saddened but thats a pipe-dream anyway.

After these next 2 packs what exactly are we missing?

We shouldn't be missing anything from Arcade Future Tone, outside of 1 or 2 they couldn't get licensing for that we will probably never get.

I guess you could say there are several Mirai songs that have not made the transition yet...I really hope we get Reverse Rainbow and Animal Fortune Telling.

ChrisD

I say we keep this one.

I have Colorful Tone only on my JPN account, so guess it's Future Sound on my American!

Really though, who am I kidding, I'll probably get both just to have it all in English.

Wishing/Hoping on the possibility for it to see I own one pack in Japanese and show it in the English version.

Edit: wait, only $54 for both packs here? Alright, I'll probably buy both regardless, then.

SimonM7

Yah, seems the most practical to stick with this one. We're a fairly small group on GAF who care about these games, anyway. :D

I wonder what the DLC situation will be for this, whether it'll all be included, F style. Any indication of that yet?

Chorazin

Since this seems to be the most popular Miku game thread, I ask here.

Is the Diva X Mini Controller worth it? I'm thinking of getting one before the US release of Tone but it's hard to find a good review of it.

Is the Diva X Mini Controller worth it? I'm thinking of getting one before the US release of Tone but it's hard to find a good review of it.

I don't own it but most who do really enjoy it. However, do note that the setup is not like how the arcade cabinet is setup which some feel makes it an inadequate fit for playing Future Tone. YMMV.

I just use a DS4 and map the combo buttons how I like to certain shoulder buttons.

muteki

It changes the game completely. I can't play with a regular controller any more.

SimonM7

I've honestly had a pretty lousy time with Future Tone without a proper controller for it. On harder settings you need to resort to macros/shortcuts, and it's a pretty miserable experience to me, dumbing an already simpler Diva game down like that.

The console divas are *great* on pads, and honestly some of my favourite games, period. I thought I was falling out of love with Diva when I got FT, but then when I got Diva X I was back on top, riding high on the feels.

So in short; yes. I think the arcade controller is probably very transformative for this in particular. I'm considering getting one just to give FT a real shot when it's the game it's designed to be.

Lag issues from a wired controller? I thought the point of it being wired was that it introduced no lag. Now you have me worried! :/

The controller isn't the source of the problem. It's just rough calibrating a music game to an HDTV, especially if you've already gotten used to input lag on some level.

Kumubou

Ah, ok, the normal stuff then. Good to hear, since my controller is out for delivery!
The issue comes from two points, really. The first is that different controllers can have varying amounts of input lag. This shouldn't be a massive problem unless the manufacturer screwed up, but it can cause issues when switching hardware with games that have very tight timing requirements, and Project Diva is going to be tighter than most games (really anything outside of Beatmania or fighting games with no button buffering). The other is that Project Diva: Future Tone does not have any input latency adjustment. The lag adjustment in the game only works for audio, so you really are going to want to play this game on a TV or monitor with very low latency.

Really nitty, technical, and probably needless sidebar: If I had to guess why, it's probably due to how the scoring works, specifically with holds. There are some songs that end with a hold where the song ends before you can get a max hold bonus, and allowing people to move the timing window earlier relative to the song would mean that you could squeeze out more points from that final hold (as the holds award points on a per-frame basis). Granted, you could then push back the end of the song with the sync adjustment, but then you might break other songs (and this is an actual bug in Project Diva F/F2 -- if you have too extreme of a timing adjustment, some technical zones become impossible because they end before you can hit the last note). This could be addressed in development by setting some style guidelines (like not having songs end on a hold that can't hit max bonus and having at least x ms of dead space at the end of a song (x being whatever the max offset it). That would have either required some real forethought (maybe too much) or deciding that arcade/console charts don't need to be 100% identical (which may have been worth it, especially after the scoring change).

This is probably getting more into the weeds than almost anyone would care, though. :x For most people, they're just going to see hundreds of modules and songs and they're just going to want to push buttons with Miku -- and they'll be right.

If I had to guess why, it's probably due to how the scoring works, specifically with holds. There are some songs that end with a hold where the song ends before you can get a max hold bonus, and allowing people to move the timing window earlier relative to the song would mean that you could squeeze out more points from that final hold (as the holds award points on a per-frame basis).

I don't think I can name a single song that ends with a hold and doesn't already trip the max hold bonus, even without timing adjustment.

Kumubou

I don't think I can name a single song that ends with a hold and doesn't already trip the max hold bonus, even without timing adjustment.
I know I ran into a couple when I was playing through all of the songs on Hard -- it is uncommon but it does happen. Don't have a list of them handy, though. :\

If they just didn't do it because they didn't think it was important enough, then that's IMO a mistake on their part.

Mandelbo

Has there been any more news of a concrete release date for the second DLC pack? It's coming out in December if I recall, and the first pack launched relatively early into September too - hopefully we don't have to wait too long.

Tenshi

Neo Member
Did they ever announce if Tone will get a Pro update like Diva X got?

No, not that I know of. Been keeping up with what titles are getting the Pro patch treatment. I'm personally hoping to hear news of FT getting one. But at the same time, how much more can you improve upon an arcade perfect port? This makes me curious.

gibbsy24

I doubt the pro could run some of the more complex PV's at native 4k 60fps. A slight resolution bump and 4k menus/UI would satisfy me though.

Hopefully we hear something with the next DLC.

Mandelbo

CysKQrjW8AU2WQs.jpg:orig

YESSS
It may have taken many hours and it's just barely an excellent, but it's still an excellent! I'm so pleased right now~

Second pack is going to be released on December 22.

• Four Songs
  • 21 Modules
    • Hatsune Miku: “Farewell,” “Etoile,” “Rosa Bianca,” “Rosa Notte,” “Hatsune Miku Swimwear/ST,” “March Hare,” “My Dear Bunny,” “Bunny Ears Hoodie”
    • Kagamine Rin: “Kagamine Rin Swimwear/ST,” Alpaca R”
    • Kagamine Len: “Kagamine Len Swimwear/ST,” “Alpaca L”
    • Megurine Luka: “Megurine Luka Swimwear P/ST,” “Cat Ears Hoodie”
    • Kaito: “Rosa Blue,” “Rosa Luno,” “Kaito Swimwear V/ST,” “Kaito Swimwear V/AS/ST,” “Fishy Overalls”
    • Meiko: “Meiko Swimwear/ST,” “Wooly Wear”
  • 10 Customization Items
    • Head: “Triangular Ghost Kerchief,” “Great White Shark,” “Red Puyo Cap,” “Green Puyo Hair Clip,” “Sheep Horns,” “Demon’s Head Wings”
    • Face: “Huge Glasses”
    • Chest: “Beginner’s Mark”
    • Back: “Dinosaur Tail,” “Two-Tailed Monster Cat Tail”
  • 9 “Extra Extreme” Songs
    • Future Sound: “Koi Iro Byoutou,” “Dear Cocoa Girls,” “From Y to Y,” “Popipo”
    • Colorful Tone: “Iroha Uta,” “Kokoro,” “39,” “Toumei Suisai,” “Master of Puppets”

ChrisD

Skeleton Orchestra is one of the funnest charts on the arcade machine. Hope you all enjoy that one.

ExExtreme Kokoro is also really fun, but it throws me off a lot since it's hard for me to wrap my head around pressing two buttons but only holding one.

Mandelbo

Last set of songs for Arcade and/or Future Tone? Any chance for more or a Season Pass 2?

I do hope there's more, I'd happily keep buying songs if they kept releasing them. If they do, I hope they add more songs that haven't been in any Miku games before - totally new songs would be fantastic.

Top Bottom