• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HATSUNE MIKU Project DIVA Future Tone |OT| A gift to the millions of miku fans

zMiiChy-

Banned
Is there any way to disable network saving?
I'm playing the game offline now, and having to click the 'network error' message is quite tiring :/

Whats network saving?

After each song, the game phones home to report the score. As far as I know, there's no way to prevent the game from doing this, and if you're not connected to PSN a huge error message box comes up each and every time. Maaaybe if you launch the game from a local account and not a PSN account... but then you'd have to start over.

miku

After each song, the game phones home to report the score. As far as I know, there's no way to prevent the game from doing this, and if you're not connected to PSN a huge error message box comes up each and every time. Maaaybe if you launch the game from a local account and not a PSN account... but then you'd have to start over.

Weird, played around 5 songs just now not connected to the internet, but no error message :O

And took some pics...

PbCfzMW.jpg

m9E8SnR.jpg

Looking forward to the next song pack, and 1925 and Hibikase. :D

Also to turn off score uploading go to the fourth option down on the main menu > second option (ranking) > bottom option > second option. Screenshot. Surely that should stop the error message?

macklelol

Trying out some of the new DLC now... I haven't played in a while and it's really showing lol.

Gaikotsu Gakudan to Riria is real fun. Kimi no Taion was pretty good too. Haven't tried the other new songs that were added in just yet but I'll get around to them eventually.

I was not ready for Extra Extreme PoPiPo.

Mandelbo

Really liking this DLC - Skeleton Orchestra is just as good as I remember, although I think it'll be a while before I finish it on extreme with a decent grade. ExEx Popipo is hell and I'm not even gonna contemplate trying to complete it right now :p

Chorazin

I really wish the localized game was up for pre-order and pre-load. I really wanna be able to play that on day of release instead of staring at a download screen. :/

muteki

Wow, I didn't expect to like Hand in Hand so much but it and the module are great.

Also randomly got my first perfect on two-faced lovers last night. Sometimes I can drop the game for a while and come back fresh later and just nail it.

Tenshi

Neo Member
Wow, I didn't expect to like Hand in Hand so much but it and the module are great.

Also randomly got my first perfect on two-faced lovers last night. Sometimes I can drop the game for a while and come back fresh later and just nail it.

Congrats. I'm like that too. Sometimes it's one or two months when I don't play any given Diva title. I come back to the game and ace a song that gave me trouble.

Got a great on extreme Riria, happy with that for first day.
Also got 104.50% on Hand in Hand and 103.67% on LOL, no doubt thanks to playing those songs in Diva X.

Tenshi

Neo Member
Got a great on extreme Riria, happy with that for first day.
Also got 104.50% on Hand in Hand and 103.67% on LOL, no doubt thanks to playing those songs in Diva X.

A great on extreme Riria is impressive. Not going to lie, my first run on hard difficulty landed me a standard by just a hair. Holy crap...

A great on extreme Riria is impressive. Not going to lie, my first run on hard difficulty landed me a standard by just a hair. Holy crap...

I didn't really do all that much better (about halfway between standard and great) but I guess I knew what to expect after playing it in mirai DX.

It's def one of the most difficult on hard. I guess the parts where there's two notes overlapping don't give me much trouble anymore, after all that time spent getting my ass kicked by Blackjack. :x

mollipen

So maybe a super dumb question, buuuuut... when using the lag fix option. Does the game want me to hit the button according to the sound of the fourth beat, or am I supposed to be doing it visually. The game's instructions are a little off, and in the short bit of playing around I've done so far, I haven't hit an adjustment number that I really like yet.

(This is one of the main reasons I've always stuck with PD on portables—not having to worry about the lag problems.)

So maybe a super dumb question, buuuuut... when using the lag fix option. Does the game want me to hit the button according to the sound of the fourth beat, or am I supposed to be doing it visually. The game's instructions are a little off, and in the short bit of playing around I've done so far, I haven't hit an adjustment number that I really like yet.

I honestly feel the lag adjustment in this game is totally useless and would suggest not using it .-. It seems to work by actually changing the audio timing rather than the video timing, meaning it will basically never feel right no matter the situation.

*Sees review code in email inbox*
Well this should be a good way to spend the holidays, Christmas Day will be Miku then a movie with the family, then Americanized Chinese food for dinner with the family and then more Miku! If nothing else this game should solve the lack of song content issue I had with Project Diva X, really was the crux of why in my in my review I couldn't call it the best HM game.

system11

Um, I got a new PS4 pad, the rubber on my launch one finally gave out - it did well.

I put it in USB mode hoping for the best experience, and noticed the sounds played by the controller from the slide nodes seemed to be delayed. I thought I was imagining it, but I've just switched it to bluetooth and they're timed correctly again.

To make it crystal clear, the controller made sound is lagged while on USB, not the other way around.

Has anyone else noticed that?

system11

*Sees review code in email inbox*
Well this should be a good way to spend the holidays, Christmas Day will be Miku then a movie with the family, then Americanized Chinese food for dinner with the family and then more Miku! If nothing else this game should solve the lack of song content issue I had with Project Diva X, really was the crux of why in my in my review I couldn't call it the best HM game.

It would be really good if you have access to the western release, if you could compare the song list to see if the content is the same.

Easiest way is to switch difficulty to hard and check the song count on the lower left. The game initially launched with 224 songs. Have to check on hard because not every song has easy/normal charts.

system11

Can't share the Western track list until an embargo is lifted.

Would that include just the total count too?

I'd like to know if the western versions have that stupid streaming restriction that mutes the audio. The things that would make me double dip are either of unblocked streaming, or a physical release.

Shizuka

Would that include just the total count too?

I'd like to know if the western versions have that stupid streaming restriction that mutes the audio. The things that would make me double dip are either of unblocked streaming, or a physical release.

The embargo is pretty inclusive, there's not much to talk about until it's lifted.

Kumubou

Easiest way is to switch difficulty to hard and check the song count on the lower left. The game initially launched with 224 songs. Have to check on hard because not every song has easy/normal charts.
I checked this when I was at PSX and the English version they had there had 224 songs on Hard, so unless something needed to get dropped at the last second the game has the full songlist. There were a couple of jackets/outfits that I meant to check to see if they got changed or removed for ESRB rating reasons (like Miku flipping people off on the jacket of MMORPG Addict's Anthem or Meiko's Nostalogic outfit that nearly got Project Diva F an M rating), but I forgot to check those specifically. I did ask a PR rep if anything was cut/changed for the US release and they said that nothing was cut/censored and that the only thing they changed content-wise was the game's text. Dunno how much stock to put in there, but I'm not expecting much in the way of changes (much like how F, F2 and X were).

As a side note: if you are demoing a music-rhythm game make sure the displays for it are suitable! The game was unplayable at PSX due to how much display lag there was (for whatever reason, the displays Sony had publishers using there had a ton of display lag).

Moraizen

Can't share the Western track list until an embargo is lifted.

Also not able to share the date that the embargo lifts, right?

I have no idea why there is even a need to do this sort of thing for Future Tone, unless I'm missing something very obvious. Non Miku fans will not pay attention to it, and I'm pretty sure most people who do care already got the japanese version anyway.

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
I checked this when I was at PSX and the English version they had there had 224 songs on Hard, so unless something needed to get dropped at the last second the game has the full songlist. There were a couple of jackets/outfits that I meant to check to see if they got changed or removed for ESRB rating reasons (like Miku flipping people off on the jacket of MMORPG Addict's Anthem or Meiko's Nostalogic outfit that nearly got Project Diva F an M rating), but I forgot to check those specifically. I did ask a PR rep if anything was cut/changed for the US release and they said that nothing was cut/censored and that the only thing they changed content-wise was the game's text. Dunno how much stock to put in there, but I'm not expecting much in the way of changes (much like how F, F2 and X were).

As a side note: if you are demoing a music-rhythm game make sure the displays for it are suitable! The game was unplayable at PSX due to how much display lag there was (for whatever reason, the displays Sony had publishers using there had a ton of display lag).

The game has a calibration feature right? Sounds like they just didn't care enough to propely set it up.

Kumubou

The game has a calibration feature right? Sounds like they just didn't care enough to propely set it up.
There's no video lag adjustment in Future Tone, only an audio lag adjustment. So fair warning to anyone looking to play this game on laggy TVs -- it won't be a fun experience.

NateDrake

Also not able to share the date that the embargo lifts, right?

I have no idea why there is even a need to do this sort of thing for Future Tone, unless I'm missing something very obvious. Non Miku fans will not pay attention to it, and I'm pretty sure most people who do care already got the japanese version anyway.

Previews are on Dec. 26. Reviews are Jan 9.

Top Bottom