• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HATSUNE MIKU Project DIVA Future Tone |OT| A gift to the millions of miku fans

Toadsili T

Neo Member
Brooke adapter doesn't have the 10 minute lock out. You might need to update the adapter's firmware when you get it though like I did.

Cheers for the heads up; I found the Brook Homepage listing various firmware, so I'll keep it handy for when all the pieces of the puzzle come together. My excitement to play this beast has returned once again!

In the meantime, I'll just go back to F/F2nd and Dreamy Theatre. :p

TP

You can change hairstyles!?

JZrECwu.png

So many QOL features
Just about everything I wanted was in Arcade the whole time

ar4757

Just had something weird happen. Played Odds & Ends (Hard) and the timing was completely off, managed almost no "Cool"s and didn't even clear the song. Played it again immediately and cleared it with Excellent. I won't rule out that I was just really terrible the first time but it seemed more like a bug to me.

I messed up at the beginning of Summer Idol and restarted and it had no audio, just the SFX. Kinda like if I had used the share button. Restarted again and it fixed itself.

This game is amazing! Remembered seeing Strobo Nights was gonna be in the game, so when I got home from work, I spent probably 40 minutes scrolling through the list looking for it. The OP's post is helpful because it has the songs in order. I realized that after the first 20 minutes of looking for the song. 10 minutes after that, and that's when I realized - Normal mode doesn't have all the songs... whoops! I wanted to play Hard anyway, but man I screwed up bigtime haha

I've just been playing songs using the random button and struggling through the combo notes. I've gotten the hold figured out. It's easy when you remember the hold isn't required, just recommended

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
It still boggles my mind that this game exists. So much love <3

And it doesn't even have fucking DIVA Room! No need to grind that shit for Trophies.

hotsoup

No one mentioned about how great the Practice Mode is yet? You can set it to start at any part of the song (to the nearest second), it loads fast (since no PV is loaded), and you can retry it immediately with R3.

akileese

Sooo uhhh I literrally cannot play this with a DS4. It's so unforgivingly impossible. Even normal songs are giving me issues...and I play on hard at my arcade and on F 2nd with my mini controller. I'm gonna have to get this sorted and get something so I can use a real controller or else this will be a waste of money for me :\

Ugh, these Future Tone's PVs are too hellish! I could play NegaPosi on Project Diva f blindfolded all day, but on Future Tone I hardly afforded playing on Hard.

Those multiple button presses are wrecking my brain. I'll spend some time on Practice Mode to get used to it.

Also, I jumped from my chair when I saw Systematic Love while browsing the song list. I love this song!

akileese

Ugh, these Future Tone's PVs are too hellish! I could play NegaPosi on Project Diva f blindfolded all day, but on Future Tone I hardly afforded playing on Hard.

Those multiple button presses are wrecking my brain. I'll spend some time on Practice Mode to get used to it.

Also, I jumped from my chair when I saw Systematic Love while browsing the song list. I love this song!

I think the layout style is just fucking with my head severely with the mixtures of arrows and buttons. If I can get that sorted it'll help a lot. it's been a while since I sat down and played like 20 songs of future tone. Been doing mostly PDF and PDF2ND since i got my controller a few months back and yeah, this shit is wrecking me on everything other than easy. The framerate might also be messing me with severely. It just feels so damn fast.

Until now, I had only played PDf 1, 2 and X on Vita, and holy shit did I underestimate how much this game would fucking wreck me. The slightly upped complexity (I laughed when I first saw a multi-button one fly past without even consciously recognizing which two I was meant to hold) and the weirdness of playing on a controller instead of a Vita are combining to just kick my ass. Like, my thumbs are actually feeling it after a few songs, which has never happened before.

Edit: See my post further down; I was treating the arrows like they were in the previous console games, which makes things way harder than they should be, lol

Almost looks like there needs to be a separate thread for a Future Tone difficulty support group. Sounds like some of you need some counseling after this.

NotDigital

Neo Member
I played a few hours this afternoon and this game is absolutely fantastic. I love how fast you can go between the various menus as well as the quick load times - a huge change from the PS3 and Vita games.

So many fantastic songs. This is basically the console Miku game I've always wanted.

B00TE

Playing the prelude now, this is pretty great. I'm so bad at seeing notes sometimes though. Normal alone is a huge challenge for me.

Got a bit of time in. I'm quite rusty - best I managed so far was about 9% Fines (and it's usually around 15% for songs I don't know well, gross) and I'm definitely getting tripped up by combinations, much like everyone else is, lol

I definitely feel like I'd enjoy this more if I was on the arcade controller. It's not practical for me to set it up where I am right now though...

Anyway, I'm waiting for the Brook adapter to arrive before I draw any conclusions, but this is what I gather of the three adapters available on the market:
  • Titan One: Works, but must be paired with a Dualshock 4 for initial authentication. Automatically disconnects and reconnects every 10 minutes, but a button combination can force a reconnect between songs. Input lag reportedly minimal.
  • CronusMAX (plus?): With a USB hub, possible to hook up both your controller and a Dualshock 4 simultaneously for timer-free operation. Input lag unknown.
  • Brook: Does not require a Dualshock 4 at all, and there is no timer. Input lag measured at approximately 1 frame, but the game can compensate for this.

Could anyone post a brief rundown of the gameplay differences between Future Tone and the more traditional Project Diva games? Other than upped difficulty (which I really appreciate!)

Deciding whether or not to get a PS4 for this game...

Edit: Also, does this work with a Dualshock 3 by any chance? I'm so freaking used to playing Diva with the DS3.

Edit2: Crap, if the old arcade sticks don't work my DS3 won't either, will it? None of those adapters sound acceptable. One frame of input lag is a big difference even if you adjust the lag settings (because the keysounds will be off)

Could anyone post a brief rundown of the gameplay differences between Future Tone and the more traditional Project Diva games? Other than upped difficulty (which I really appreciate!)

Deciding whether or not to get a PS4 for this game...

Edit: Also, does this work with a Dualshock 3 by any chance? I'm so freaking used to playing Diva with the DS3.

The gameplay tutorial I linked a couple pages back should highlight the differences pretty well: https://youtu.be/f47YUe5ekcM

Dualshock 3 is probably not supported, though I don't see why a Dualshock 4 wouldn't suit you.

SephLuis

I am getting used to the two button combinations......somehow. I can't say I am thinking or seeing them properly, though I am hitting them right.

However, if they are too fast or there is a three button combination my brain freezes.....badly.

Kumubou

For anyone buying from the HK PSN store, the game and DLC packs are up now and the themes that were pre-order bonuses on JP PSN are free with purchase from the HK PSN store until July 7th.

The one downside: it's still downloading. :<

Gridman

Neo Member
I'm relieved to know I'm not the only one having a time adjusting to the Combo Notes. I spent the greater part of the day with the game. I never played the Arcade game so I'm enjoying all these new songs. I'm also glad to learn about Practice Mode. Once my wrists get a rest I will play more! Have fun, folks.

Well then

2 hours of gameplay later this game 's fantastic

Just a question , when there is a rainbow aura on a note , i need to Double note , right ?

yeesh, spent the majority of my time since getting off work running through the songlist only to find i'm, like, less than a quarter of the way through. this tracklist's fuckin DAUNTING

mannnnn i just wanna play the extreme charts lol

It is possible to remove the notes sounds? They're too acute for my already fucked hearing, and I want to focus completely on the songs.

I think the layout style is just fucking with my head severely with the mixtures of arrows and buttons. If I can get that sorted it'll help a lot. it's been a while since I sat down and played like 20 songs of future tone. Been doing mostly PDF and PDF2ND since i got my controller a few months back and yeah, this shit is wrecking me on everything other than easy. The framerate might also be messing me with severely. It just feels so damn fast.

Like someone said a few pages back, you can adjust the layout style in the option menu (pressing triangle on the song select and choosing the last option).

And yeah, the framerate is messing with me too. NegaPosi, for example, is too damn fast on Future Tone, looking like its speed was doubled at 60fps.

Hell, this is way too good! I've been playing for almost 3 hours, trying my way in this gargantuar list of songs.

Hazaku

Game's a blast!
I'm still awful at these games though

Also saw a few photos in the Project Diva PS4 community for a physical copy of the game? Fake or stealth release lol?

...oh.

So I just realized that arrows don't mean "both d-pad and corresponding symbol at the same time" as it did in the previous console games, which would explain why I thought it was so fucking hard to keep up with them. I was getting kind of worried there for a bit :lol

I guess I get why, but it's a bummer that songs are muted if you try to save a video. (Elgato to the rescue!)

yyr

OMG, finally. It's been years since Dreamy Theater Extend. Finally, another 60fps version...and this one is GORGEOUS.

So I'm working on my convention prep and I have the game running PVs in the background. But it's not continuous...

1) I choose "Random Song,"
2) press Right to change to PV mode,
3) begin.

The song plays, but when it's over I have to go back to music select.

Is there any way anyone knows of to continuously play random PVs, like you could do in Dreamy Theater? You could also do this in F/2nd if you set up a random playlist.

Oh, also...I use a Brook converter to use X360 sticks on my X1, and it's fantastic. If there is any added lag, I haven't noticed.

edit: I cannot believe how amazing Two-Faced Lovers looks now. That shading effect is back, but it looks like, 10 times better now.
edit 2: omg, these new game mechanics are amazing. I love how you have to really think about whether to hold for extra points vs. GTFO. So much depth in that one mechanic.

Baust

Thinking about getting this. Really impressed by how much content they're offering.

My only real concern is hard drive space since I'm still using the standard 500 GB.

I downloaded Prelude and it's about 11 GB. How much space does it take up for both Future Sound and Colorful Tone? Or are they already included, just not "unlocked"?

Thinking about getting this. Really impressed by how much content they're offering.

My only real concern is hard drive space since I'm still using the standard 500 GB.

I downloaded Prelude and it's about 11 GB. How much space does it take up for both Future Sound and Colorful Tone? Or are they already included, just not "unlocked"?

Pretty sure total consumption is about 25gb, but Prelude is supposed to be 3gb...

Repost from Tracker_TD:

Individual sizes for each pack (and the themes, too) are up:
ClUzsZWWYAAn23O.jpg

LowParry

So if I'm understanding this, you can turn off double arrow (notes) entirely? Is the arcade default with that option 1?

Theorymon

Pretty interested in this since Project Diva F2nd ended up being a surprise sleeper hit for me. Just wondering though, is there any chance of this coming stateside? I figure it'd be best to know if I should bother waiting before I go through the whole "buy an import PSN card" thing.

SHarris78

Pretty interested in this since Project Diva F2nd ended up being a surprise sleeper hit for me. Just wondering though, is there any chance of this coming stateside? I figure it'd be best to know if I should bother waiting before I go through the whole "buy an import PSN card" thing.

Think I speak for the majority when I say it's very unlikely to come out overseas. Bite the bullet my friend &#128077;

It's really impossible to say. There's not a lot to localize, but licensing 200+ songs sounds like it could be problematic.

Once you learn what the menus do there is no difference between playing this and an eventual localized version. If you want it, buy it.

hamchan

I sure am bad at hitting four buttons at once.

Also there are so many songs to choose from I'm just playing the old songs I've played in the Vita games, the ones I've already beat dozens of times.

LowParry

I sure am bad at hitting four buttons at once.

Also there are so many songs to choose from I'm just playing the old songs I've played in the Vita games, the ones I've already beat dozens of times.

Triple double notes kill me. I may just turn the option off for none. I mean why not right?

I hope they consider patching in a playlist/random PV mode that you can just run in the background. Would be great to just listen to some songs sometimes

Zhao_Yun

Triple double notes kill me. I may just turn the option off for none. I mean why not right?

Yeah, I got really used to double notes although some combinations still trip me up, and I bound the 4 button combination to L2. Triple notes are still kind of impossible for me. Need more practice on them.
Hold Notes work quite well now as well. All the double wielding in the previous games are coming in handy there.

I hope they consider patching in a playlist/random PV mode that you can just run in the background. Would be great to just listen to some songs sometimes

Yes, that would be great.
It would also be nice if we could access the customize menu after choosing a random song.

I'm in love with this game. It has literally everything I could ever want from a Miku game without any of the bullshit. It also has a lot of songs and modules I really liked from the PSP days that have been missing in the F games.

Slide notes are actually a lot of fun and I prefer them immensely to Star notes. Hold notes are a lot trickier but I'm getting better at them. I like the extra risk and reward that comes from having to hold a button while still hitting notes with your other hand.

Also, I didn't think I would, but I actually like playing with the arrow icons for Square and Triangle. Makes it a little easier to keep up with the finger gymnastics on the harder difficulties. I turned the classic icons on and then switched back to the arrows, which honestly feels a bit blasphemous but I like it.

Top Bottom