• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HATSUNE MIKU Project DIVA Future Tone |OT| A gift to the millions of miku fans

Kumubou

Man, I have gotten legitimately lost in this song list at least twice.

One thing to keep in mind about double/triple inputs is that the game usually hints at the buttons to push depending on the screen position of the input -- they tend to be laid out roughly the same way the arcade buttons are (so triangle, square, X, O, going left to right). So if you have a double input and you see icons on the far left and right, you probably need to hit triangle and circle. This isn't always the case (and sometimes they chart things to intentionally mess with you), but it's consistent enough to keep in mind.

Jhn

The multi-buttons are killing me. Nailing everything else, but those are ridiculously hard.
Using the button-only layout since it worked better with my old muscle memory from the previous titles, but fuck me it makes the multi-buttons difficult.

I don't get how the patterns they come up in are helpful. Are they relative to the arcade button layout? That could explain why I can't make any sense of it.

Kagoshima_Luke

Gold Member
First off, game is BRILLIANT. I love that it is just a landslide of rhythm game songs with no Diva Room stuff. Just pure Miku love.

Second, how do you get this trophy?:

初めてのカスタマイズ
おススメモジュールと任意のカスタマイズアイテムを初めてSETした

Something about wearing the recommended module and items for a song? I thought I did that with the out of the gravity outfit and white wings back item for -out of the gravity-, but nothing happened when I completed the song.

Finally, is it possible to turn off the speaker sound for those left/right buttons?

raven777

CloEe1iWMAAGkSG.jpg:orig

CloEtMFWIAEbMZc.jpg:orig

Zhao_Yun

First off, game is BRILLIANT. I love that it is just a landslide of rhythm game songs with no Diva Room stuff. Just pure Miku love.

Second, how do you get this trophy?:

初めてのカスタマイズ
おススメモジュールと任意のカスタマイズアイテムを初めてSETした

Something about wearing the recommended module and items for a song? I thought I did that with the out of the gravity outfit and white wings back item for -out of the gravity-, but nothing happened when I completed the song.

Finally, is it possible to turn off the speaker sound for those left/right buttons?

Yeah, it should unlock once you set the recommended module for a song and equip whatever customize item. I got the trophy immediately after setting it up. Didn't even need to play the actual song.

Toadsili T

Neo Member
Almost looks like there needs to be a separate thread for a Future Tone difficulty support group. Sounds like some of you need some counseling after this.

Oh man, 2D Dream Fever and Gekishou on EXTREME are going to destroy some souls here. Lets just get this out of the road now though; there are videos out there that can help you try and conquer it! Happy to share some for the latter from experience if people are interested.

With Future Tone on the PS4 having the practice mode though, one should be able to keep on trying those killer sections until they get it right... or at least until their hands fall off. >:p

Oh man, 2D Dream Fever and Gekishou on EXTREME are going to destroy some souls here. Lets just get this out of the road now though; there are videos out there that can help you try and conquer it! Happy to share some for the latter from experience if people are interested.

With Future Tone on the PS4 having the practice mode though, one should be able to keep on trying those killer sections until they get it right... or at least until their hands fall off. >:p

Sadistic factory is killing me...
I feel like i need a training arc in order to pull this off

Zhao_Yun

I haven't even tried any extreme songs yet. Still in the process of unlocking Extreme Mode for all songs. It helps with getting used to the new mechanics though, so I am not even mad, that I have to play all songs on Hard first.

This is like an ultimate Miku game.
It has all the songs I liked in previous games and dozens more.
And costumes! So many costumes! Really nice to see them in current gen quality.

Is there way to auto switch to a right costume for a song if I've already bought it? Or do I have to switch them manually every time?

Zhao_Yun

Is there way to auto switch to a right costume for a song if I've already bought it? Or do I have to switch them manually every time?

In the customize menu there are 4 presets that you can make. 1 is specific for the chosen song and the 3 others (A,B and C) can be applied quickly to any song.

Jhn

It really is great. Literally ALL songs I liked in older entries are featured.

I would like to know if there is a way to auto-switch to the correct costume, even when I haven't bought it yet. I get lost in that menu looking for that fleeting purple star.

I would too like to know if there is a way to auto-switch to the correct costume, even when I haven't bought it yet. I get lost in that menu looking for that fleeting purple star.

L2+R2 during costume select. I don't know why they hid that option so well :p

Zhao_Yun

Just a reminder that people can add their PSN IDs to this Google Doc for comparing Highscores. The more the merrier :)
Quote to reveal

Luigi87

Just tried Prelude out... So much fun!

But these style hold notes (compared to the console/portable games), and the multi-buttons keep throwing me (for some reason I even though I need to just hit the D-Pad or Face buttons for the latter, I keep instinctively hitting L1/R1 and I don't know why)

muteki

I was trying to really focus on maximizing hold bonuses last night as I think it may help me recover some points from being so rubbish at the multi notes.

I guess the fact that if you are holding X on one hand and you hit X on the other hand it cancels out your hold is a carry over from the Arcade version where doing that would be impossible as there is only one X button, if that makes sense.

So many holds then that will never have a chance to get max bonus.

Tayaya

It's so good.... I only got a chance to play for about an hour yesterday but I described it to my gaming group as the kind of music game we always wished Konami would put out for Pop'n Music, DDR or IIDX but never bothered to. It's just so loaded with content and the performance is every bit as good as we would want from a modern console. I only got a chance to play Project Diva Arcade once but was blown away by how much higher the quality was over the PSP and Vita games... now that quality comes home and it's excellent!

All of my favorite songs are here and I am quickly discovering new ones as I play. Project Mirai DX has been my favorite home Miku game due to its excellent and huge song list.... but it's about to get replaced!

My only complaint about this one is that it's SO HARD! Here I am struggling to get Greats where I can easily get Excellents on most Project Diva F2 songs. Part of it may that I need to try adjusting my calibration settings, and part of it is those holds and combos, I think. Whatever, though.... just means I have to play more!

yyr

Oh shit the free Prelude has trophies.

Is there some input lag or am I really rusty at Miku?

Try using the auto sync feature. Also, if your TV is applying some sort of processing, turn that off!

For JUST the left/right buttons, while leaving the other sounds intact? I don't know that you can do this, but there is a menu (couldn't tell you where, I just know that I've been in there) where you can adjust all of the note sounds independently. If the sound for the L/R notes bothers you, you can switch it to one of the other sounds.

Is there a way to turn off the subtitle in PV mode?

AFAIK this option has never existed in Project DIVA =(

What does this DLC do? Roughly translated in Google Translator:

Description of Contents
Rhythm action game, and "Hatsune Miku Project DIVA Future Tone Prelude", is the unlock key to all open recording module of additional content "Future Sound", "Colorful Tone", a customized item.

If I understand correctly, this is a "master key" that unlocks every paid module and accessories, right? If so, pretty pointless if you ask me.

Luigi87

Okay, just bought Future Sound. In spite Colorful Tone probably having some songs I haven't played before, there are just so many in FS that I love (especially ones like Rolling Girl, and Disapperance).

raven777

What does this DLC do? Roughly translated in Google Translator:

If I understand correctly, this is a "master key" that unlocks every paid module and accessories, right? If so, pretty pointless if you ask me.

yea it's just unlock key for everything. There are tons of module stuff but they are not that expensive so I will just naturally grind it out.

Hm. Is it possible to turn off note score indication (cool, fine, sad etc)?
It's kinda throwing me off, especially when I get a good combo going and notice it, I begin to worry about keeping it and actually start to play worse.

If I just set a shoulder button to quadruple buttons does that cover triple notes as well?

Nope, that gets you a Worst or something. To be honest I'm at the point where I'm just going to outright ignore all triple notes and some double notes and deal with the chain drop. As good as this game is, the triple notes are really fucking stupid. Also the deliberate hiding notes, I can get Excellent clear Kowase, Kowase on Extreme in PDF 2nd but in this game it is full of back to back double notes that are grouped together so tightly that you can't see what you need to press or when.

Just a reminder that people can add their PSN IDs to this Google Doc for comparing Highscores. The more the merrier :)
Quote to reveal

If your friends are online can you actually have their scores show up on the song select screen like you can have with your "rival" on the arcade version?

Kumubou

I'd seriously consider an unlock key for all the Extreme charts.
So I take it that you're not a big fan of Pop'n Music? :x

I think I would like this game about 4836393638393x less if Hard was also locked by default, but I still need some time to adjust tithe different controls and patterns so if hasn't been a huge problem... yet.

at least pop'n had the decency to throw out the dumb EX unlock requirements eventually, lol

i just feel like playing 220 2-3 minute songs on a non-preferred difficulty to unlock all extreme charts is kinda more of a time investment than i'd like. it was nice for easing in but, like, i get it by now lol

I think I would like this game about 4836393638393x less if Hard was also locked by default, but I still need some time to adjust tithe different controls and patterns so if hasn't been a huge problem... yet.

It's more that I generally bring games to conventions for public play and I generally prefer to have everything unlocked before it goes to a show, and I don't think I have the time to grind out 224 songs before Otakon. I own a pop'n music arcade cabinet and I've probably had time to play maybe nine songs on it this year so far.

First off, like everyone else, I'm enjoying this immensely. I've only played a couple times in arcades before, but (IMO) the arcade mechanics are far and away better than the portable game mechanics.

One question is, on the double-press L1/R1 where it's two of the same direction (left arrow left arrow or right arrow right arrow), is the proper way to do this to press L1 and left on the analog stick at the same time?

I think it's also possible to turn the touch pad on, but I just want to make sure I'm attempting these properly.

How do these doubles work in the arcade? Do you move both of your hands on the slide bar or something?

First off, like everyone else, I'm enjoying this immensely. I've only played a couple times in arcades before, but (IMO) the arcade mechanics are far and away better than the portable game mechanics.

One question is, on the double-press L1/R1 where it's two of the same direction (left arrow left arrow or right arrow right arrow), is the proper way to do this to press L1 and left on the analog stick at the same time?

I think it's also possible to turn the touch pad on, but I just want to make sure I'm attempting these properly.

How do these doubles work in the arcade? Do you move both of your hands on the slide bar or something?

I think all of the above would work, and the touchpad is on by default. The DS4 touchpad doesn't seem to register multitouch unlike the arcade though, which means you can't rely on the touchpad alone for double swipes.

I've just been using the two analog sticks. This pretty much just amounts to personal preference.

I think all of the above would work, and the touchpad is on by default. The DS4 touchpad doesn't seem to register multitouch unlike the arcade though, which means you can't rely on the touchpad alone for double swipes.

I've just been using the two analog sticks. This pretty much just amounts to personal preference.

Perfect, thanks. For some reason it hadn't crossed my mind to just use both analog sticks and drop L1/R1, but that definitely seems like it's probably the easiest way to go.

ar4757

Perfect, thanks. For some reason it hadn't crossed my mind to just use both analog sticks and drop L1/R1, but that definitely seems like it's probably the easiest way to go.

Alternatively, L1 + L2 and R1 + R2 are effective, but if you mapped something else to the triggers then that won't work obviously

raven777

finally beat weekender girl hard mode after adjusting the timing in the option again. This time I set to -11 and it worked much better. Still I feel the timing it way too strict overall though, regardless of adjusting the delay in the option.

finally beat weekender girl hard mode after adjusting the timing in the option again. This time I set to -11 and it worked much better. Still I feel the timing it way too strict overall though, regardless of adjusting the delay in the option.

It's more a case of the non-Arcade series being too lenient. Future Tone isn't very strict when compared to other music game series.

Top Bottom