• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Have you ever been labeled unattractive only to end up a stud later?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been called relatively attractive in the past and somewhat recently, but I've still never been on a date or ever kissed someone. So...no. :(

soultron

Banned
Soultron, you resemble a friend of mine so strongly it's ridiculous.

PM me the nudes. I mean the pics.

I've already seen myself naked.

I think it's just the glasses. Everyone wears the same style of glasses so I get that all the time.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
I didn't get any play at all until I started rocking Sailor Moon attire and wearing jorts

Zebra

I've gotten more attractive in the sense that I've gone from a 2 to a 3. Nowhere near stud territory.

I weigh around the same as you and i'm 5'6-5'7. Haha

Damn, I know that feel. I seem perpetually stuck at 108 pounds no matter what I do. I can't even donate plasma I'm so light, ahah.

Kad5

I've gotten more attractive in the sense that I've gone from a 2 to a 3. Nowhere near stud territory.

Damn, I know that feel. I seem perpetually stuck at 108 pounds no matter what I do. I can't even donate plasma I'm so light, ahah.

On the bright side a lot of girls don't care about guys being skinny so much so it never really has gone against me too much for girls. (At least recently. I noticed in high school most of the girls almost consistently went for the buffer guys but it seems like in college this isn't the case nearly as often.)

Leeness

*punches you in the face*

No, not really. XD I don't think I could ever weigh 105 and look good for how I'm built. I think the lightest I'm going to get is 125-130.

Congrats bb :)

Devo, my friend is like that. She can eat and eat and eat and eat and it never catches up with her.

Makes me sad that I can't donate any more. If they just gave us extra cookies, I'm sure we'd make it. :)

Aww. :( I know that feeling. For the longest time i've had trouble keeping on weight too.

That's kind of the case now. Was 135ish until 6 years ago then it suddenly dropped off, and now I have to keep a close eye on it bc I keep dipping below 100. I gather it's some kind of metabolism thingy once you reach a certain point that makes it hard to stay up, and it must be killer at your height.

*punches you in the face*

No, not really. XD I don't think I could ever weigh 105 and look good for how I'm built. I think the lightest I'm going to get is 125-130.

Congrats bb :)

Devo, my friend is like that. She can eat and eat and eat and eat and it never catches up with her.

Hey, now. Up until I was 25 I weighed 35+ more than I do now. This body is relatively new, so I haven't been enjoying the benefits of it for that long. Don't begrudge me my mid-life joy! ;)

Kad5

Fitness thread is your friend. They can help you with gaining weight.

Last time I checked that thread I read something about drinking a gallon of milk per day?

I could probably do that huh?

Either way i'll probably read and participate some in it.

soultron

Banned
My one co-worker is trying to get super skinny. (We work at a gym.) She just came off of a break-up with her BF (she wasn't into him anymore, so it was her decision) and I get the feeling she's hiding the fact that she's not really okay with herself right now.

Thing is, she's good looking right now. She showed me pictures of herself when she used to be lighter and she was grossly skinny. No breasts, no hips, no bum, itty-bitty legs and arms... Sickly looking, to be honest.

I wish girls wouldn't stress themselves so much about their weight. Being curvy is great, in my humble opinion. We like it when you look healthy -- not when you look like you're going to pass out.

It's less my looks and more the environment I'm in. Scrawny femmy boy- not going to get a lot of play from girls in high school. That same boy in queer BDSM spaces, however, rarely lacks for willing partners.

Well, at least until, owing to head surgery and limited mobility, I had shave off my long hair and stopped shaving my facial hair. The resulting look is decent, but doesn't feel like me. I do, however, get significantly more attention from the opposite sex, though less from the same.

My one co-worker is trying to get super skinny. (We work at a gym.) She just came off of a break-up with her BF (she wasn't into him anymore, so it was her decision) and I get the feeling she's hiding the fact that she's not really okay with herself right now.

Thing is, she's good looking right now. She showed me pictures of herself when she used to be lighter and she was grossly skinny. No breasts, no hips, no bum, itty-bitty legs and arms... Sickly looking, to be honest.

I wish girls wouldn't stress themselves so much about their weight. Being curvy is great, in my humble opinion. We like it when you look healthy -- not when you look like you're going to pass out.

Sounds like she has a disorder. I'm not kidding either. Like she sees something completely different in the mirror.

soultron

Banned
Last time I checked that thread I read something about drinking a gallon of milk per day?

Meh, I wouldn't go with that. There's protein, sure, but I'm not a huge fan of protein from dairy. Just... consult multiple sources.

soultron

Banned
Sounds like she has a disorder. I'm not kidding either. Like she sees something completely different in the mirror.

It's funny because she brags about her butt now, and says she loves the way her chest looks, but I don't know why she wants to get rid of it all the sudden.

You're probably right, Devo.

Leeness

Hey, now. Up until I was 25 I weighed 35+ more than I do now. This body is relatively new, so I haven't been enjoying the benefits of it for that long. Don't begrudge me my mid-life joy! ;)

Glad you're enjoying it :D I do not begrudge you your joy! Revel in it, girl~

No, I've always been handsome - except for a brief high school stint when I had a horrible afro.

But I do have a friend who was rather tomboyish in high school, and I wound up turning her down a couple times which kind of hurt our friendship. Now she's very attractive. We're still friends and luckily I never said anything mean to her, so it's all good

DominoKid

the 5'4" crowd on GAF makes me feel like a fatass. i hope all of yall w/ these low weight numbers are chicks lol.
i'm 140 lbs even though you probably wouldnt think so if you saw me IRL.

That sounds really skinny. How tall are you?

[EDIT]

aaaaaalready answered.. I see

Haha. Kad5 is several inches taller than me and the same weight. ;)

Dev had some success with... cheese? Some kind of cheese???

It's hard not to stress when every mag, movie and celebrated female form is quite thin. I agree with you, healthy looks way better, but there is a lot of pressure to be skinny.

KingK

I used to be an acne faced, braces wearing, scrawny, pale skinned motherfucker with a horrible choice of outfits back in junior high and early high school.

I'm still really pale skinned and scrawny (6 feet tall, about 145 pounds), but I wouldn't say I'm repulsive anymore. Still don't have any luck with women though.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
Growing up...well, I prefer telling that tale in person, haha.

When I dropped out of college to work on GAF full-time, sedentary work at home living didn't combine too well with pizza delivery and drinking juice and soda and beer all the time, and I very quickly ballooned up to a high of 300 pounds in 2009. That wasn't so hot, and I became a mountain hermit from 08-09 or so, barely interacting with people in the outside world at all. In the summer of 2009 I realized what the hell had happened when I no longer recognized myself in the mirror and could barely get up a flight of stairs, stopped deluding myself, and read up extensively on nutrition and fitness and turned it all the way around. Looking back, I don't even have photos from my max, but even at around 260 I'm completely horrified by how I looked. If I ever need a dose of adrenaline I need only look at one of those photos.

6'3 185 lbs right now, active and reasonable lifestyle so I can basically do whatever I want and not worry about it anymore, and more handsome than I've ever been, if I may :D

Kisaya

Eh, I was an ugly duckling from late elementary to early high school. Wouldn't call myself a studette now, but I feel a lot better about myself than I used to back then XD

soultron

Banned
In the summer of 2009 I realized what the hell had happened when I no longer recognized myself in the mirror and could barely get up a flight of stairs, stopped deluding myself, and read up extensively on nutrition and fitness and turned it all the way around. Looking back, I don't even have photos from my max, but even at around 260 I'm completely horrified by how I looked. If I ever need a dose of adrenaline I need only look at one of those photos.

Talk some sense into people who want to rely too heavily on protein from dairy, kind sir.

big_z

i dont think i was every ugly but i was better looking back in high school. after getting a car and disposable income i put on some weight, then after laser eye surgery destroying my eyes i ballooned up due to depression. eyes are still fucked but i've been working on the weight. should be around my high school weight again in june. now my thinning hair is another thing but whatever.

I'm still the ugly fat duckling.

That beautiful swan moment is still out of my reach... BUT I WILL FUCKING CLAW MYSELF THERE.

In all seriousness, no, I wasn't handsome in high school. Overweight and a weirdo. I'm still overweight and a weirdo and not handsome, but at least now I'm self-aware enough to realize I want to fix myself.

One problem with me is I have horrendous posture and form. I see really small/petite guys that can pull off a suit no problem, yet I am much bigger (6'0 190lbs) and look terrible in a suit even though I have no belly nor am I scrawny. Its sorta that hyper lordosis form we had a thread on a while back but even more f-ed up.

I fear I will never be able to achieve a good posture with a straight back and proportional shoulders with the rest of my body. At the very least it would require an obscene amount of working out and stretching just to look normal.

I get so jelly of guys who have razor straight backs and can wear a tshirt without having to wear another one underneath or they can lose a bunch of weight and still look good in clothing.

cnizzle06

Banned
Weight isn't an issue as I'm skinny. Probably too skinny actually. I just don't think I have a good face. My only saving grace is my height.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
I do not understand people with height issues (other than abnormally tall women - they really got it rough).

It just seems so easy to dismiss.

lunchtoast

I get so jelly of guys who have razor straight backs and can wear a tshirt without having to wear another one underneath or they can lose a bunch of weight and still look good in clothing.

What do you mean by just one t-shirt if you have a straight back?

WARCOCK

Banned
I do not understand people with height issues (other than abnormally tall women - they really got it rough).

It's an easy excuse to lean on, i think. Though it seems some girls are like "shorter than 6'0 why are you even looking in my general direction", i'm not sure it's really that widespread enough to cause serious issues for guys that are under that threshold.

I was a fat kid. I'm not fat anymore. My hatred of people is a worse bane than my weight ever was, i find :D

Well in my case I'm a bit short (last I checked I was 5'8-5'9 or so)

I have been turned down by girls because, literally, they have told me I'm too short, even ones who I am a lot taller than

Not really a big issue as you can just go to the next one but it is annoying, especially since most of my friends or 6' - 6'7, so if I'm at a party or something I look especially short

Most annoying part though is you can't work on it. You can lose weight, get in shape, dress better, but you can't grow taller, its out of your control

I used to be a fat chubby kid in elementary school, then I was a skinny dorky kid in middle school, and towards the end of high school I became a "stud".

That's about when I started to receive compliments on my looks and attention from girls for the first time in my life. The thing is though, I'm still not that socially outgoing so those comments are few and far between. But I can recognize the progression I've gone through when I look in the mirror now, feels good man.

Well in my case I'm a bit short (last I checked I was 5'8-5'9 or so)

I have been turned down by girls because, literally, they have told me I'm too short, even ones who I am a lot taller than

Not really a big issue as you can just go to the next one but it is annoying, especially since most of my friends or 6' - 6'7, so if I'm at a party or something I look especially short

Most annoying part though is you can't work on it. You can lose weight, get in shape, dress better, but you can't grow taller, its out of your control

that is not short, it's pretty average actually, and most females will look past height if you got other things working for you.

What do you mean by just one t-shirt if you have a straight back?

I'm not overweight but I have a curved back with rounded shoulders so tshirts just drape off of me. It actually makes me look overweight even though I'm not. Wearing an undershirt helps minimize this effect and the second shirt conforms better to my body.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom