• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Have you ever been labeled unattractive only to end up a stud later?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
I support low carb diets as well, but losing more than a pound a day sounds like a bit much. I don't know how heavy you are, but hearing "15lbs in 13 days," that's surprising.

Well, tomorrow marks the 2 week point of my diet. From what I understand it's pretty common to see dramatic weight loss this early in the diet. It's not going to keep up at this pace. I imagine the next 2 weeks I will see a similar amount of weight loss but I think it will start to slow down afterwards. Which I'm totally cool with.

Red

Well, tomorrow marks the 2 week point of my diet. From what I understand it's pretty common to see dramatic weight loss this early in the diet. It's not going to keep up at this pace. I imagine the next 2 weeks I will see a similar amount of weight loss but I think it will start to slow down afterwards. Which I'm totally cool with.
Well, good luck. Keep it up if it's working for you.

I had/have a very childish face so every year that passes I think I actually grow a little better looking just due to losing that look.

I think I've had good success with girls this year due to my looks, but I'm failing in transitioning into something serious or all that sexual because I simply lack the experience from when this wasn't the case. My junior/senior in highschool I noticed girls started looking at me differently, just was never sure how to capitalize on it haha. Oh well, it'll come for me at some point, I'm confident of that.

The Lamp

Was very skinny since growing up.

Now that I can grow facial hair I get compliments on my sideburns a lot, so that's a plus. But I'm still quite skinny. I've pretty much given up with gaining mass for now since I have no time being a busy student that's just trying to get into my department. But c'est la vie.

I've heard people say I'm handsome, but never hot/cute/whatever.

My lack of confidence has led to me not really interested in interacting with women in a pursue-a-relationship manner since I'm not confident that anyone would find me physically attractive. Part of it's probably in my head, but I'm okay with that. Because I'm not where I want to be right now and I'll be more confident when I'm not the way I currently am.

High school was fucking painful. I was short, baby faced, had acne and thanks to being at a single sex school had no game when talking to girls.

These days as a skinny white boy I get it all. Some girls wouldn't even glance at a guy like me, others are very attracted. I've had everything from girls saying I'm the uggliest guy they know to beautiful women basically throwing themselves at me *shrugs*

middle school suuuuuuucked, constantly overweight, i would overheat easily and i lived in the desert so exercise was hard on me, puberty hit and a I grew to 6'2 and grew a full beard in my freshman year, I had a girlfriend within the first few months of school

Where are those girls?!

Hehe well if you really just want to get some loving you can play to your strengths.

For example, I went to a metal gig with some friends. Afterwards I tagged along to a party with a bunch of his friends. I got a totally unusual level of female attention at this party because apparently a skinny dude wearing a black shirt is exactly what appeals to girls of this style. Of course that's a generalization, but it works surprisingly well.

There's a niche for pretty much any look/style you can think of. Find out what kind of girls are into your style, and get involved in the social scene.

Ydahs

Eh, I don't think I'm unattractive, but I am known for not really caring about my looks. I dress normally, but my unkept 'fro and unshaved beard often makes me look like a mess.

I always receive a ton of compliments when I have my yearly haircut, but winter sucks in Australia so I keep the hair long to keep me warm :)

FStop7

Banned
Used to weigh 145lbs in high school (at max), now weigh 103lbs. Got thinner, anyway. But it feels good, man. Feels good.

Holy crap. You lost nearly half a you. That's awesome.

Anyway at one point, around 2003, I was overweight. Then I lost a ton of weight and was in good shape for about 4 years, then I relapsed. So now it's back the other way again, but this time once I get there I'm staying there. No more screwing around.

This. Clothes and a good sense of what to do and what NOT to do with any hair from the neck up is crucial. Slim coats can make just about any under shirt work out well and vests with long sleeve dress shirts with the sleeves rolled up the forearms will spruce up many a man. Also slacks, or khaki's generally enhance anything else you are wearing. A nice cheap belt thats black helps too. No big buckles...its gaudy. Blue jeans can be okay, but wear jeans that fit you. Nothing super baggy or hanging off of your ass. No one thinks its cool, but the oblivious guy holding up his pants as he walks. Also be aware of bending over. If you know it'll generate crack just squat and don't tip. If women got to be aware of crossing their legs in a skirt then men should by God be aware NOT TO FUCKING SHOW THEIR ASSCRACK. :C

Also unless facial hair can help accentuate or enhance features its pointless and any hair under the chin or jaw by itself is sad by itself and should only be used with a full beard. Goatee's work to help make round faces look longer to thin the face, and mustache's are good for men with large lips or longer faces to mask that if its something unattractive in your complexion. Beards help to make baby faces appear more regal, and less dopey and are great for masking freckles, acne scars, or other features. Just remember guys to brush it. You can tell the difference IMMEDIATELY in your swag levels between letting it rock freely and two swipes with a brush to give it some form. Also beware of dandruff...it happens and YES they will notice and be turned off. And I am talking about in your beard guys not just on your head.

Hair depends on the person. The biggest thing is know how thin or thick your hair is and look for people with similar facial structure to model your hair styles after as their results will most closely mirror your own.

To start out cheap I highly recommend bonanza.com for cheap sources of swag gear. Start out with a coat or dressy looking hoodie to help out with whatever you have laying around, and get yourself some good slacks. A lot of stuff can come out of Asia for good men's wear but remember their sizes are small so you have to order 2 sizes bigger than normal when using them. Generally, thought hey will give measurements. Measure your chest for the easiest way to know what fits as its the biggest concern in buying mens wear since it will be the difference between a nice fit and a sausage roll around the armpit and back when viewed from behind.

*is keeping it swag*

MAN. That sounds really hard :(

Can I not just dress like this?

1928516.jpg

I used to be too skinny as a kid and I was a late bloomer, or people have told me. I came out on top with a gorgeous wife, so, that's all that matters to me. I try to take care of myself but I could be doing better on that end.

Hamplin

Banned
No, but when i lost 35kg (that's like 80 pounds or sumthin) from being almost 100kg i was called beautiful atleast.

Switters

When I was born I was 6lbs, weak and bald. I couldn't speak and my hygiene was horrible.

d59sr.jpg

Now I am 36 and have slept with over 6 women.

<-------------------------me

You decide who is best Switters.

I'm working on it. Lost 15 pounds in the 13 days on this Keto diet I'm doing. Pretty excited. Once I start work again, I'll be dropping even more pounds. (Pool service, I'm out working in the sun all day) I'm gonna be a fuckin stud by the end of the year. YOU WAIT AND SEE! lol

No but I am excited to be losing some serious weight. All you NY GAF people who met me know I'm a big guy. Next meet up I'm hoping you guys won't recognize me. And WTF Protag and Evilore were over weight at one point? High fuckin fives. I would have never guessed when I met you guys. Awesome stuff.

High-five, Tashi! Congrats on the weight loss and sticking to the game plan! Next NY Gaf meet up that I get to go to we'll have a celebratory drink for sure. :)

Holy crap. You lost nearly half a you. That's awesome.

Anyway at one point, around 2003, I was overweight. Then I lost a ton of weight and was in good shape for about 4 years, then I relapsed. So now it's back the other way again, but this time once I get there I'm staying there. No more screwing around.

Yeah... It's kind of freaky to think about now. I read about people here that are 6' and 140 and I cringe because I used to weigh more than them (at 5'4" that seems crazy). I never felt obese (I did multiple sports in HS and could run forever), but I was definitely thicker and generally unhappy about it. I don't know what I did to deserve this body now, but I sure as hell am going to enjoy it! :D

Good luck on the shape-up on your end. With resolve like yours you'll definitely make it and keep it. And now that you have that swanky beachfront apartment you have extra motivation! :)

Was pretty overweight in middle school and high school and once I graduated I started eating better and stopped drinking soda and the weight just melted off. That combo'd with playing in metal bands and being a photographer/design guy kind of made me pretty hot with the ladies. I'd attach some before/after pics but I'm at work unfortunately.

I still think I can improve on my weight though. Going to ride my bike a little more often this summer and try and pack on some muscle mass.

SRG01

In my case, it wasn't the clothes, weight, or anything like that. I just needed a haircut.

Seriously, it's like the Clark Kent effect but with hair. I have a round head with thick heavy hair, so the wrong cut can make me look very unattractive. My only issue is that, while I can flirt with most women out there, I still freeze up when a girl shows real attraction to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom