• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Have you ever completed a game at an arcade cabinet?

Hyun Sai

Single credit, huh ?

Double Dragon (God bless the infamous elbow strike)

Street Fighter II
Fatal Fury
Fatal Fury II
Fatal Fury Special
Fatal Fury III
World Heroes I
World Heroes II
Samourai Shodown I
Samourai Shodown II
King of Fighters 94 to 98
Tekken 2
Tekken 3

Hmm, I'm sensing a pattern here lol.

A lot of fgigging games and beat'em ups

Street fighter zero series
Marvel vs series
Final fight
Armored Warriors
Punisher

And many more beat em ups I cannot remember the name of.

PreFire

I beat street fighter back in the day

I was really into arcade racing games (always wanted one in my home) and those were usually tough for me to finish

House of the dead. Used to get 3 credits for a quid. Finish it on 2 credits(2 player so 1 each) then sell the left over credit for 50p to one of the peeps drooling at my mad HOTD skills.

FUME5

Plenty, back in the day Timezone used to have 2 hour lock ins for a set price with infinite credits on the machines.

1 credit clear? None.

MattKeil

BIGTIME TV MOGUL #2
Used to be able to finish many arcade games on one quarter. Shinobi, Out Run, Afterburner, Golden Axe, Ikari Warriors...once even managed TMNT on two. Getting good enough to finish the game without a continue was one of the primary goals of the old arcade scene. There was a guy at the local arcade who could finish Bubble Bobble on one quarter.

Melchiah

Once, but it doesn't really count. There was an amusement park, where you could play arcades with unlimited lives for an entrance fee. I played through Altered Beast there.

Top Bottom