• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Akuma Mortis Immortal; a game so far only three exist and I wanted everyone to get to enjoy it

VGEsoterica

Sure Akuma Mortis is a deep cut arcade game but its one of the most sought after and coveted arcade games that basically nobody in arcade collecting and enthusiast circles have ever been able to play. It was supposed to be distributed either by Namco or Taito but it seems to have completely failed its location testing and was quietly killed with just a few articles and photos persisting on the internet. Which is just a bummer because a 2005 horror arcade light gun shooter in the same vein as The House of the Dead or Evil Night? people are def going to want to experience that!

So now they can. One of the rarest arcade games to ever exist :) controls still need work and that will get done soon but its always fun to help same something from the brink of extinction. Especially when its pure janky horror arcade goodness

Curious who's actually even heard of Akuma Mortis Immortal?

I lied. It didnt take a week to get controls working. It took a few hours lolol

Last edited:

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
I remember seeing Virtua Cop 3 at an arcade here in town before they shut down. There were so many great shooters at the arcade back then. I would have enjoyed this. The last shooter I played was The Maze of the Kings. I bought a Japanese PS2 game called Hungry Ghost years ago because it had a somewhat similar vibe, but I definitely get HotD vibes from this.

Kuranghi

I can't watch the video right now so apologies if you said in the video but did you pay for this "rarest arcade game ever" and if yes then how much? I'm guessing big pennies.

VGEsoterica

I can't watch the video right now so apologies if you said in the video but did you pay for this "rarest arcade game ever" and if yes then how much? I'm guessing big pennies.
it hasnt changed hands in 18 forevers but honestly these things don't go for what you think they would

this was all done zero dollar cost

Kuranghi

it hasnt changed hands in 18 forevers but honestly these things don't go for what you think they would

this was all done zero dollar cost

No money? Did you have to put lipstick on? Joking aside this is very cool, thanks for showing us.

Btw, don't sweat the strawberry game dullards.

Rickyiez

I would be having countless of nightmare if I were a kid played this instead of House of the dead in the arcade .

Loving all the horror stuff in the game though , could do without all the light flashing .

VGEsoterica

I would be having countless of nightmare if I were a kid played this instead of House of the dead in the arcade .

Loving all the horror stuff in the game though , could do without all the light flashing .
hopefully at some point the flashing can be removed as its used for CRT shot registration with the light gun. That isn't essential any more as no traditional light gun is involved in playing the game

Top Bottom