• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HD ADVs: The Unknown War - The Players, The Casualties, The Girls

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Raiden said:
Why is this shit even legal? They do like like 8 ....fuck.
pl9N1.jpg

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Oh icecream, did you include the fujoshi games for the PS3 too? :p

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Oh shit, I didn't notice Tomoyo After in the PS3 section! Totally getting that.

ULTROS! said:
Oh icecream, did you include the fujoshi games for the PS3 too? :p
Why are you interested ULTROS!? ;P

And now I am out again. Holy shit. :lol
I was going to use the "Is Kenichi going to have to choke a bitch?" screen, but I couldn't find it. >;

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
So the PS3 can have a bigger ADV line up. :p

bara adv

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Yume Miru Kisuri PS3 port please!

She did deserve it.
Fun Fact: It's drawn by the same person who did artwork for the To Aru Majutsu no Index light novel.

ULTROS!

I wonder if a Japanese dev would dare to make a Bara ADV.
no i won't buy it

Warning: Do not type Bara in Google.

Xater

ULTROS! said:
I wonder if a Japanese dev would dare to make a Bara ADV.
no i won't buy it

Warning: Do not type Bara in Google.

Too late I did. But all I see is gay manga and anime. I expected something disgusting by that comment.

InfiniteNine said:
Yume Miru Kisuri PS3 port please!

She did deserve it.
Fun Fact: It's drawn by the same person who did artwork for the To Aru Majutsu no Index light novel.

Wouldn't the port have to pretty much destroy Mizuki's route, though?

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
InsaneZero said:
Wouldn't the port have to pretty much destroy Mizuki's route, though?
Now I realize that pretty much 80% of her route would have to be cut for it to be ready for consoles. All the sex and drugs, and falling off of buildings... well they could re-insert the step-sister route as compensation?

InfiniteNine said:
Now I realize that pretty much 80% of her route would have to be cut for it to be ready for consoles. All the sex and drugs, and falling off of buildings... well they could re-insert the step-sister route as compensation?

The step-sister route already exists right next to Kyoka's route. All you need to do sprinkle yourself with pixie dust before loading all your save files.

Niblet

InfiniteNine said:
How about a spiritual successor built from the ground up on the PS3 to utilize the full power of the cell processor for immersive
3D
gameplay?

tafer

Niblet said:
No, but I love me some visual novels.

I am compelled to post this:

...woah...

She totally deserved it

Disturbing...
I can't imagine what did she do to deserve that. (And don't want to know!)

Victrix

*beard*
Did you guys seriously just have a discussion about spoiler warnings?

Icecream threads are the best threads, forever.

tafer

IrishNinja said:
i do; if this thread's gonna get creepier as it goes, at least leave footnotes.

Wait, am I the evildoer here? or the other guy? It's late and the brain entered power saving mode hours ago. :lol

I guess I'll just put some spoilers just in case.

IrishNinja

i kinda wanna know what that chick did to deserve the grim death, if even spoiler tag'd.
and yeah, icecream threads are magical. i still remember my first one, like a few months ago...:lol

Niblet

IrishNinja said:
i do; if this thread's gonna get creepier as it goes, at least leave footnotes.

Spoilers that give context to the 3 images I posted above:
The girl being choked out is the alpha bitch of your class. She is shallow and stupid and she has a superficial interest in you. Your girlfriend, Aeka, has been the target of her abuse (in various forms) since she came to this school. Initially you decide not to get close to Aeka for your own survival, but her charm breaks you and you get close. Eventually you make it known you're together and suddenly you are a social outcast and the 2nd recipient of abuse. Things are pretty fucked up for awhile and it climaxes on the school roof where a nightmare is about to unfold. The shallow bitch has convinced her troublesome delinquent boyfriend to rape Aeka right there while you are restrained by her harpy friends (they got tasers). Shit is about to get real but somehow despite all odds you manage to overpower her friends and capture the bitch (as you see in the first pic). With her as a hostage you get all the other people on the roof to leave. At this point you are tired of all the hurt she has brought into the world and for a moment it appears as if you and Aeka will kill her (as you see in the next 2 pics). Thankfully you don't kill her. You and Aeka drop out of school and shit be alright from then on.
Note: This summation cannot do the game justice. Its worth a play.

snesfreak said:

You new? It's an icecream thread man, best to just watch and not ask too many questions for the sake of your own sanity. Let's say that these threads are like a test of manhood, if the test was to look, unblinking, into the face of Cthulhu and hold a detailed discussion with the Great Old One about the Mahdist War for an hour or two. :lol

tafer

shidoshi said:
So icecream, question - do you have any interest in, and if so, have you ever played the ADV that 4chan made?

I want to stay awake to see the answer of this question... :lol

InfiniteNine said:
She constantly bullied Aeka to point of suicide in every route that wasn't her own. As I recall she forced her to do menial tasks for her and ridicules/threatens her. No one stands up for her in school including teaching staff since they are automatically shunned and bullied as well, so they are forced to join in or silently ignore it. She also takes her clothes and hides them/throws them off buildings, and right before the screenshoted moment up there she tried to have Aeka raped by her boyfriend while having the MC you are playing beaten to a pulp and stabbed. In other words she's an unholy bitch.

I think the likely answer to that is no since that thing is a piece of shit.

Niblet said:
Spoilers that give context to the 3 images I posted above:
The girl being choked out is the alpha bitch of your class. She is shallow and stupid and she has a superficial interest in you. Your girlfriend, Aeka, has been the target of her abuse (in various forms) since she came to this school. Initially you decide not to get close to Aeka for your own survival, but her charm breaks you and you get close. Eventually you make it known you're together and suddenly you are a social outcast and the 2nd recipient of abuse. Things are pretty fucked up for awhile and it climaxes on the school roof where a nightmare is about to unfold. The shallow bitch has convinced her troublesome delinquent boyfriend to rape Aeka right there while you are restrained by her harpy friends (they got tasers). Shit is about to get real but somehow despite all odds you manage to overpower her friends and capture the bitch (as you see in the first pic). With her as a hostage you get all the other people on the roof to leave. At this point you are tired of all the hurt she has brought into the world and for a moment it appears as if you and Aeka will kill her (as you see in the next 2 pics). Thankfully you don't kill her. You and Aeka drop out of school and shit be alright from then on.
Note: This summation cannot do the game justice. Its worth a play.

Must not read... curiosity... bad...

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
IrishNinja said:
i kinda wanna know what that chick did to deserve the grim death, if even spoiler tag'd.
and yeah, icecream threads are magical. i still remember my first one, like a few months ago...:lol
She constantly bullied Aeka to point of suicide in every route that wasn't her own. As I recall she forced her to do menial tasks for her and ridicules/threatens her. No one stands up for her in school including teaching staff since they are automatically shunned and bullied as well, so they are forced to join in or silently ignore it. She also takes her clothes and hides them/throws them off buildings, and right before the screenshoted moment up there she tried to have Aeka raped by her boyfriend while having the MC you are playing beaten to a pulp and stabbed. In other words she's an unholy bitch.

tafer said:
I want to stay awake to see the answer of this question... :lol
I think the likely answer to that is no since that thing is a piece of shit.

Niblet

InfiniteNine said:
Good summation. Damnit, I need to play through again.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Lain said:
I guess this is from that Sharin no Kuni? I'm intrigued.
It's a very good read. It has a unique take on morals and punishment in a pretty crazy world where you are obligated to do/not do certain things based on whatever morals you broke. Sachi loses half of her day and is forced to take a drug to sleep for half the day, Touka absolutely cannot disobey her mother, and Natsumi isn't allowed to touch a member of the opposite sex. They are also forced to wear patches signifying which obligation they must carry out, as well as branding them criminals. You're given the role of "Special High Class Individual" in training to "rehabilitate" the girls and make them understand what they've done "wrong." Your boss will pretty much kill you on site should you screw up, and if the girls disobey their assigned obligation they will also be killed by him. The twist on the final chapter is just too awesome for words.

You can grab the translation patch off TL-Wiki you're interested.

I wonder where will Enterbrain go. Not really prolific but Kimikiss and Amagami were top-class ADV on PS2 (the first sold ~120k). They're airing an Amagami anime right now so maybe they are doing a port or a sequel or something to capitalize on it, but still nothing announced post-PS2 ADV-wise.

icecream

Public Health Threat
Lain said:
I wouldn't mind trying an ADV game... Phantom.
If you're willing to accept the old artstyle, the original version of Phantom is on DVD-PG in English. It might be difficult to find though...

InfiniteNine said:
I wonder if any companies plan on taking the BD-J loophole and release eroge on the PS3 that way the same way they did with UMD movies on the PSP.
What do you think MOONSTONE is doing. :D

zoku88 said:
Non Goto-P Clannad art looks horrible...
You take that back! Itaru Hinoue's work is awesome.

AlyS9.png

OCLiU.jpg

cXjR5.jpg

762YC.jpg

Top Bottom