• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HD remasters you want that haven't been released yet on current gen

Would be neat to see some more Sony first party's honestly, wouldn't mind going back to MotorStorm, Infamous 1/2/Festival of Blood, Killzone 2/3.

Golden Eye 007 Wii remastered for the Switch with gyro controls would be amazing. I'd also dig a remastering of the original Crackdown.

Onimusha, Mass effect, Okami, Final fantasy tactics/adv, radiata stories.

Honestly I have a lot more I'd like to see but it's all just wishful thinking

Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne
Digital Devil Saga 1+2

Take me to Nirvana.

It's also about time for Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn to be rereleased.

PS2 Shinobi, Lament of Innocence, Shattered Soldier, Neo Contra, Shining Force Neo/EXA, Rygar, Otogi 1/2, Gun Valkyrie, Gotcha Force.

Those are off the top of my head, I'm sure there are more...

gfxtwin

Gotta throw in Tekken 4 too, my favorite Tekken (music, character design, the way it feels more like a martial arts movie than an over-the-top anime). Tekken 5 being my next favorite. Maybe even a collection of 1-6 and possibly both Tag games.

Nicodemic

I dreamed of a perfect remaster of Dark Souls in native 4K, locked 60fps with flawless frame pacing.

It was so beautiful! As I visited the halls of an ancient castle, I opened a magnificently carved door and was greeted by two imposing knights. One wore a huge hammer and the other a long spear made of lightning.

I got smashed to death and woke up in sweat and fear.

ryechu

Donkey Kong Country Returns + Tropical Freeze. I want tropical freeze with better load times and returns without waggle. Returns in HD would likely look better than tropical freeze due to superior art design.

I would also would like to see if skyward sword can benefit from the joycon's superior motion sensing.

I would also like the dark souls trilogy.

joanot

Virtua Fighter Definitive Collection, with the series 25th anniversary coming next year Id love to see a collection with all the games and revisions released over the years:

VF1 + Virtua Fighter 10th Anniversary
VF2 + 2.1
VF Kids
VF3 + 3TB
VF4 + VF4 Evo + Final Tuned
VF5 + VF5R + VF5FS

Yeah... maybe that is asking a bit too much for Sega lol, a VF5FS port for current gen/ PC will do...
or just release VF6 already damm : (

Suikoden HD Collection (Suikoden III, Suikoden IV, Suikoden Tactics, Suiokoden V)
Digital Devil Saga HD Collection
Breath of Fire Dragon Quarter
Skies of Arcadia Legends
Dark Chronicles
SMT: Nocturne

*Splinter

Motorstorm. Mostly the first one, but could add tracks from the later games as DLC I guess.

Or more realistically: Black Ops 2. Would also accept Black Ops 1 if they add league play/arena.

MrHoot

I'd like an HD port of some of the lesser known Japan studio games likes Rain and Puppeteer. Also give a port of Folklore. That game went almost completely unnoticed

Seriously just need Demon's and Dark souls.

I don't have a gaming PC and going back to the 7th gen for these games is pretty rough with performance and image quality. SoftS looks superb on 8th gen, give that treatment to Demon's and Dark.

Demon's could also do with some reworking with the controls and some of the boss designs. Hell, add a new area and i'd pay $50 for it without question.

tooevil

All Kunio Kun Franchise.

All in one disc, with multiplayer (dodge ball, basketball, soccer, etc)
320456_front.jpg

4458469311_53740884f8_o.jpg

KHlover

Banned
I feel like Kid Icarus Uprising should have been a no-brainer for a WiiU HD Remaster, yet here we are. Depending on the accuracy of the Gyro I feel like a Switch remaster could also happen, especially with split joycons as input. With 2x Gyro and two analog sticks it should be possible to create a comfortable control scheme.

EDIT: Not to mention essentially four more buttons (SL+SR and L3+R3)

Dantrist

• Pokémon Snap
  • Super Mario 64
  • Kid Icarus: Uprising
  • Pokémon Sun/Moon
  • Metal Gear Solid Collection
  • Ni No Kuni
  • Tokyo Jungle

Rodolink

Now that the Switch has been announced and that it inexpectedly for me has a revamped new motion controls, my hope on getting a Skyward Sword HD release is confirmed, I'm almost sure the next Zelda game after BOTW would be SSHD in 2018, you bet.

Dark Souls 1 would be amazing at 60fps. Playing DS2 SOTFS is really cool compared to all the other console releases of the series.

simmias

Mass Effect Trilogy
Dead Space Trilogy
Dragon Quest 8 (or just give us a PS2->PS4 version)
Tales of the Abyss (same)
Red Dead Redemption
Fallout 3 & NV
Final Fantasy Crisis Core

Top Bottom