• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Health Care Vote Delayed Until After July 4th Recess

mjp2417

Banned
OwXg1.gif

It creates unnecessary tension that condones violence. Like why does this need to be explained?

What is being explained (or not explained by you) is how it is counterproductive. That is why I quoted you.

Tension is already there. Similar to what you said, I'm not condoning someone to commit suicide. But I'm not going to lecture someone on how they are not being productive by posting on a forum about their true feelings as if it is taking away from them calling up their senator.

Surfinn

What is being explained (or not explained by you) is how it is counterproductive. That is why I quoted you.

Tension is already there. Similar to what you said, I'm not condoning someone to commit suicide. But I'm not going to lecture someone on how they are not being productive by posting on a forum about their true feelings as if it is taking away from them calling up their senator.
Let me just make sure I'm understanding you. You're saying you're not able to separate the two actions and recognize which is productive and which is not? You don't think there is unnecessary tension added to a conflict when people are condoning and encouraging the other party to kill themselves and commit suicide?

Just so we're on the same page

Iolo

Now that the vote is delayed, Portman and Capito have come out against the current draft.

Profiles in Courage

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
I hope every GOP member has a terrible future plagued by all manner of crippling health issues.

Let me just make sure I'm understanding you. You're saying you're not able to separate the two actions and recognize which is productive and which is not?

No, but what you are saying is that you are unable to separate the intent and impact of actions and would group posting an aggressive message on a forum with calling up a senator.

People posting memes and images in this thread aren't doing so to be productive; they are interacting with an online community that they feel comfortable sharing a joke with or venting.

By your logic every post that doesn't have a direct outcome, to eliminating the GOP bill, would be counterproductive. But people don't come into every thread to deliver a solution.

Reposting because the fight's only begun:

My topic on local resistence
My topic on the AHCA specifically

This is great news and senators need their phones to smoke and for the outside of their offices (Democratic and Republican) to be a cacophony of pissed of citizens against this hellish legislation. Call, Email, Snail Mail and Attend Recess resistence events. Make this delay a death sentence for the bill and the GOP's sickening machinations. Don't let up, don't rest. If your senator is a Democrat, make your talking points about encouraging them to jump on single layer/universal health; an actually welcome, progressive and humanitarian form of healthcare. Do not just sigh relief and stop paying attention. Continue to watch the political world like a hawk. Get involved and ready to vote.

Me too. I don't get insurance from my employer and I have sickle cell trait plus clotting disorders. My medication I'm on now is $300 a month without insurance. $10 on my current plan. I could drop to the medicine that's $5 a month without insurance, but then I'd have be spending a minimum of $150 a week in blood tests.

Without those medications I'll die within a few years likely from a pulmonary embolism. If I get into the hospital in time and they save me then I go thousands of dollars in debt from the emergency room.

I have zero respect for republicans politicians, republican voters, and "progressives" who adamantly work against progressive ideals through lack of compromise. They're all a threat to my life right now.

Damn. I can't even get across how much I empathize, brother. This disease is fucked and frightening and shit like this only works to aggravate it. I hate being despised by people for something out of my control.

Surfinn

No, but what you are saying is that you are unable to separate the intent and impact of actions and would group posting an aggressive message on a forum with calling up a senator.
I just said in my last post that they're separate things. One impacts a conflict negatively and one positively. One incites violence, one actually helps the current shit situation we're in. And seeing that we're spinning in circles now I think agree to disagree is the best we're gunna do here.

Also there's a difference between venting and joking, and inciting violence. Come on

IrishNinja

Zolo

Is there any reason to think these people will do townhalls? I would think pretty much all of them would avoid it.

Playing all the bases so that everyone will love him and to never be held accountable for anything.

Right? It's just fucking noncommittal nonsense that can only sound Presidential if you've drowned your brain in Fox News. What I'm really frustrated about though is that the GOP themselves should be the ones rippping him apart for throwing them to the wolves when hes essentially sanctioned them go fuck the ACA in the first place all the way back to the campaign trail. But all of them are just as chickenshit and pathetic.

Zolo

Right? It's just fucking noncommittal nonsense that can only sound Presidential if you've drowned your brain in Fox News. What I'm really frustrated about though is that the GOP themselves should be the ones rippping him apart for throwing them to the wolves when hes essentially sanctioned them go fuck the ACA in the first place but all of them are just as chickenshit and pathetic.

Yeah. For being admirers of strong & manly personalities, they sure lack spines themselves.

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
Trump doesn't even know and doesn't care enough to know what's in the bill. He distances himself from responsibility through pure ignorance and blaming McConnell for failing to round up the votes for his legislation. He did the same thing to Ryan, throwing him under the bus when the AHCA had to get pulled from the house.

Right? It's just fucking noncommittal nonsense that can only sound Presidential if you've drowned your brain in Fox News. What I'm really frustrated about though is that the GOP themselves should be the ones rippping him apart for throwing them to the wolves when hes essentially sanctioned them go fuck the ACA in the first place all the way back to the campaign trail. But all of them are just as chickenshit and pathetic.

Ironically, I feel that this bill would have had a way better chance of passing if Pence were president. Oh well, continue tying yourselves to your sinking ship GOP!

RPGCrazied

CNN Politics‏Verified account @CNNPolitics 14m14 minutes ago

Republican Sen. Susan Collins: President Donald Trump hasn't learned how to work with Congres

lol

Are you sure this woman is a Republican?

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
Don't stop fighting this bill until it's completely and totally dead. It's not worth getting complacent.

So are we again mostly saved by people who think this law doesn't fuck poor people hard enough ? I mean don't get me wrong it's enjoyable but I can't help but feel something might eventually pass and it might be more to the right than it is currently . Are they having that much trouble from the 'left'
lol
of the Republican Party?

Toxi

Banned
Is there any reason to think these people will do townhalls? I would think pretty much all of them would avoid it.
Yeah, I highly doubt shitstain Cory Gardner is gonna show up in an actual town hall meeting in 2017.

Top Bottom