• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT10| Ultimate Infuriation

manhack

Well, you can log into asia and play unnerfed pirate warrior with
pirate emotes
RIGHT NOW.

Your avatar reminds me I actually have Hobart Grapplehammer it my Pirate Warrior deck on asia. If you draw him on curve your Fiery War Axe becomes a 3 mana 4/2 weapon!!!

RIP WAR AXE :(

TankUP

Your avatar reminds me I actually have Hobart Grapplehammer it my Pirate Warrior deck on asia. If you draw him on curve your Fiery War Axe becomes a 3 mana 4/2 weapon!!!

RIP WAR AXE :(

Hobart on two is really good in PirWar, but even hard mulling for him I don't know if it's good enough, but it does work with weapons in hand so you can run Hobart and Forge of Souls and not be too punished. I tested Hobart over the weekend and I really liked him. Wish he was a 2/3 though.

I think PirWar ends up going a little bit more midrange after the nerf but will still end up being the best warrior archetype.

I regularly queue against ****** players. Still haven't seen giant decks anywhere. If anything, legend's even more priests.
Maybe I just had bad luck, and I faced 1/4 giants and they always highrolled me outside of one occasion. Maybe it's like Discardlock, which I always lost to but disappeared from the meta on its own. Lol.

I don't think this should be your takeaway from that discussion.
Thank you for your feedback.

"Pirate day" live on the Asian server. (NA tmrw). Free gold and
new pirate themed greetings emotes
for all classes.
Hilarious timing. Why can't we keep these emotes? Do they remove them from the files for phone space?

Ok I hate priests as well now.
You didn't before?

Hobart on two is really good in PirWar, but even hard mulling for him I don't know if it's good enough, but it does work with weapons in hand so you can run Hobart and Forge of Souls and not be too punished. I tested Hobart over the weekend and I really liked him. Wish he was a 2/3 though.

I think PirWar ends up going a little bit more midrange after the nerf but will still end up being the best warrior archetype.
In Wild, bots tend to play a mid-range version these days.

Miletius

That part always been stupid, but no matter how obvious it is, you cannot objectively ruling that player "win" at where they DC so the rematch has to be done

This problem only can be solved if Blizzard willing to put load state in-game, come fucking on its played on "friend battle" mode afterall, why you can't pause, load, and shit

Plus, AFAIK Lurker (the guy who was winning) was the one that D/Ced, not the opponent. The opponent had little incentive to DC as well, since he was ahead in total games and would have had more chances to win the series even if he lost that match in particular.

It sucks when it happens, but I agree with the ruling. A DC leads to a rematch except in the most clear cut cases of win/loss. It's the only fair way to solve it. The exception, of course, is if a player seems to have a chronic habit of DC'ing at key moments, in which case they should be stricter scrutiny applied to them.

manhack

It sucks when it happens, but I agree with the ruling. A DC leads to a rematch except in the most clear cut cases of win/loss. It's the only fair way to solve it.

I prefer the rules they use in many of the private tournaments where the person who DCs loses the match. It puts the onus on the individual to have a good connection and eliminates the chance of people purposely DCing. I can still understand why bigger tournaments would want a rematch because it would be more satisfying overall to play out all the matches.

Of course the ultimate solution is to have the ability to restart friendly matches from a saved state somehow...

TankUP

I prefer the rules they use in many of the private tournaments where the person who DCs loses the match. It puts the onus on the individual to have a good connection

Except that players in HCT events are forced to go to venues chosen by Blizzard and they have no control over the internet provided.

manhack

Except that players in HCT events are forced to go to venues chosen by Blizzard and they have no control over the internet provided.

Yeah it's kind of a shit show right now. Evidently Amnesiac's venue had to move to a dedicated LAN center to play out the top 8 matches because the original venue had spotty wi-fi.

After we played our last round of swiss today and we went to top 8 they were like 'oh, the Internet is way too bad here to play top 8, we're gonna go to a LAN center with wired Internet that is 15 minutes away' and I'm like 'why didn't we just go there just initially?

Miletius

I'm sure Blizzard has this (I hope) but when I was on a team that managed online/offline infrastructure it was always a nightmare to get stable connection (for an edu company) -- inevitably something would go wrong no matter how well you planned your event. Hopefully they have techs that travel out to sites to scout and really do diligence to sites before they select them as a venue -- my feeling is that they don't, maybe take the word of the venue that their connection is good when it turns out many venues are probably more interested in comfort than rock solid connection, makes sense since 99 percent of the time it's not needed.

That being said, no matter how hard you prep it's always a nightmare day of the event. There are so many variables in these kinds of things, and there are a lot of factors that are beyond the control of anybody that can reasonably be reached. It's a reason why if the tournament is super important it probably makes sense to do it in a LAN. It sucks cause people have to travel and that's a bummer, but if it's really important then it probably needs to happen that way.

TankUP

Per reddit, the balance patch is live. If you want to play with unnerfed cards, don't log out! Or play on mobile, that won't be patched until right before I go to lunch so I have to spend my whole lunch break updating and not playing.

TankUP

I'm thinking the midrange hunter Asmo pioneered and got rank 1 with and that Orange perfected is a big winner from the round of nerfs today. The most aggressive decks all got nerfed and it's worst matchup (jade druid) also was heavily impacted by the nerfs. I'm looking forward to playing some Hunter later and hopefully I can make some progress on golden hunter.

Pretty sure you can't play patched against unpatched.

EDIT: boss fight with Pirate Warrior, I go first and first playable card is Frothing on Turn 3. Somehow I still win.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
Quite sure that unpatched vs patched is impossible. The clients won't talk to each other. I know because I forgot to update my phone one patch a while back and tried to play at lunch and found that I matched up against the same random warrior deck like 3 times in a row even though we were 3 ranks apart. The first time I thought it was a fluke, the second time I remembered the patch.

Majukun

so,the jade soldier set of cards it's still the same despite it having almost destroyed the control meta in the game,but for once that i start using a popular new deck they immediately nerf it to death?

manhack

so,the jade soldier set of cards it's still the same despite it having almost destroyed the control meta in the game,but for once that i start using a popular new deck they immediately nerf it to death?

Jade Druid is far from unplayable after innervate and spreading plague nerf. If anything it goes back to Un'goro levels of power where it will be super popular despite being a Tier 2/3 deck because it will still be able to ramp up quickly and play big men.

Majukun

Jade Druid is far from unplayable after innervate and spreading plague nerf. If anything it goes back to Un'goro levels of power where it will be super popular despite being a Tier 2/3 deck because it will still be able to ramp up quickly and play big men.

you misunderstood what i said.

I was lamenting that they didn't nerf jade cards despite them having destroyed the control meta of the game since they were introduced...they should have nerfed that set a while ago.

I was playing druid,but without any jade cards in it because i hate them...and they nerfed the other crucial cards of that deck...while jade it's still untouched..and like you said it will probably rise to popularity again.

manhack

My apologies, yeah I feel Jade Idol mechanic should have been changed, but I suspect somebody important on Team 5 is championing that mechanic and doesn't want it removed.

I also played against enough spreading plague this past month to be very worried that it didn't get nerfed harder.

I was lamenting that they didn't nerf jade cards despite them having destroyed the control meta of the game since they were introduced...they should have nerfed that set a while ago.

I was playing druid,but without any jade cards in it because i hate them...and they nerfed the other crucial cards of that deck...while jade it's still untouched..and like you said it will probably rise to popularity again.

I actually don't think they really destroyed the control meta before this set. They were always a deck that was strong vs control, of course. But there were decks that kept it in check. I even had a n'zoth paladin deck that could dominate jade druid very consistently because you could almost always get to n'zoth and almost always set it up so you get 2 or more tirions + cairnes back. But this was not a good strategy vs the new druid because their game plan was allowed to accellerate so much because of less weakness to aggressive deck and faster board impact due to UI being able to refill and spam more. Basically the meta under druid warped to the point that not only was the n'zoth paladin deck now weak against a deck it was strong against, it wasn't even good against a wide field of decks that were aiming to beat druid.

Jade druid might end up being a popular deck, but it's winrates will mellow that out to acceptable levels. That is of course unless they nerfed too soft on spreading plague. I think they should have played safe and went with 7 mana there.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
hoo boy, I can already tell this Raza priest stuff is gonna get real old real fast

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
Time for everyone to craft Dirty Rats and Weasel Tunnelers!

Dirty Rat was already a worthy craft. Using it against decks like Razakus and even Big Priest can be devastating if you hit the right minions. Sadly... sometimes you won't and will get totally boned or perhaps.. BONEMARE'D. I think Dirty Rat has the potential to be one of those cards like Black Knight or Harrison Jones that is always in consideration for a tech slot depending on what decks you're facing.

Pooya

This guy would have been used now if it was still in standard.

Saboteur%2822366%29.png

3 mana 4/3, aggressive stats are ok.

Instead they printed that mindbreaker which is designed to be easily removable by priest. cmon.

Dahbomb

This guy would have been used now if it was still in standard.

Saboteur%2822366%29.png

3 mana 4/3, aggressive stats are ok.

Instead they printed that mindbreaker which is designed to be easily removable by priest. cmon.
People aren't using Saboteur in Wild to counter Priests, they won't use him in Standard.

Pooya

People aren't using Saboteur in Wild to counter Priests, they won't use him in Standard.

Wild has no relevance here and it's completely different. Nobody plays crabs in wild either, yet here they are in standard. 3 4/3 is unplayable in wild, it's not in standard. We actually have a bunch of them in the game now like bearshark or Kirin Tor that are played quite a bit. Surely if geist is playable so is this.

In standard this would be enough to beat the deck. One turn to stall them is what a lot of decks like warlock or rogue need to beat the deck. There is no Reno in standard.

Dahbomb

People absolutely play crabs in Wild at least they did right before the Naga Witch patch when Pirates and Murlocs were all over.

LOL first game after nerf.

I draw patches in mulligan. Throw back. Draw first draw.

It's dead man hand warrior. Like turn 12 or something. He is between 10-20 health for last couple turns. he coldlights and I get leeroy and southsea, with shadowstep in hand. Lethal. Thanks.

edit:

This is the deck I am playing so far. 3-0 woo

### Prince Tempo
# Class: Rogue
# Format: Standard
# Year of the Mammoth
#
# 2x (0) Shadowstep
# 2x (1) Bladed Cultist
# 2x (1) Cold Blood
# 2x (1) Fire Fly
# 1x (1) Patches the Pirate
# 2x (1) Southsea Deckhand
# 2x (1) Swashburglar
# 1x (2) Prince Keleseth
# 2x (3) Coldlight Oracle
# 1x (3) Edwin VanCleef
# 2x (3) Plague Scientist
# 2x (3) Shadowblade
# 1x (3) SI:7 Agent
# 2x (4) Naga Corsair
# 2x (4) Saronite Chain Gang
# 1x (5) Leeroy Jenkins
# 2x (5) Vilespine Slayer
# 1x (6) The Black Knight
#
AAECAaIHBrICrwTdCPgMkbwCnOICDIwC7QLUBfgH96sCkrYCub8CgcIC68ICm8sClNACmuICAA==
#

I've only played about 10 with this version but the deck overall was performing strong even in pre-nerf, getting around 61% including past iterations. So far with this list I am 9-1. It just works. You just sort mulligan for 1 drops that work for that match up. Usually keep swash, throw back southsea, keep fire fly, and keep cultist against other tempo decks when you can get it out early. Always keep keleseth, in fact you want to mulligan mostly for keleseth. And you want to try to keep coldlights for when you keleseth'd already to get them juicy stats. You generally save shadowstep for either keleseth bouncing (double the stat bonus is fucking crazy), or for a combo piece with really high value in the situation such as plague scientist or vilespine slayer, or for leeroy jenkins/southsea to squeeze in that last bit of damage, or coldlight oracle to draw more cards just for 1 mana more.

One thing I love is that you can almost always save a 1 drop for combo purposes. Or you can all in on a van cleef with those 1 drops. I feel like this is the sort of tempo deck that has a lot of options at times. Hero power for value, but prioritize tempo and curve strength. Don't be afraid to play a vanilla 5/4 naga corsair, you don't need that extra damage on your weapon to win... although sometimes you might have alternative plays. Shadowblade into naga corsair is surprisingly strong.

Last point is that keleseth's power might be hard to see at first. But in reality the extra stats throw off all the removal in the game. Most removal lines up perfectly, this makes it awkward and awkwardness leads to snowballing imo.

rahji

I logged in and a message popped up that I get 100 gold because of some pirates. I don't know what is going on. I read nothing on reddit, so does anyone know?

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
i logged into hs and got 100g, but i clicked the screen and missed why, anyone know? No quests to complete, totally random

Wild has no relevance here and it's completely different. Nobody plays crabs in wild either, yet here they are in standard. 3 4/3 is unplayable in wild, it's not in standard. We actually have a bunch of them in the game now like bearshark or Kirin Tor that are played quite a bit. Surely if geist is playable so is this.

In standard this would be enough to beat the deck. One turn to stall them is what a lot of decks like warlock or rogue need to beat the deck. There is no Reno in standard.
Crabs get play in Wild Hunter. Typical mid-range Hunter runs crabs and crawlers.

They should give gold for every silly "holiday". hamburger day? Coffee day? Saturday?
I am so greedy. I want it all.

TankUP

Talk like a pirate day as a HS event makes a lot more sense than "random free fight promoter day".

I bet we see at least one of these types of events in the middle of each expansion.

Top Bottom