• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT10| Ultimate Infuriation

ExVicis

Has highlander priest always run Velen? I'm thinking of crafting Raza to make the deck but I won't have enough blizzard bucks to make Velen. He seems like a good finisher so it definitely seems sub optimal to skip him, just looking for people's thoughts as I need a good priest deck to play with going forward
You don't need Velen really at all. I've been running Highlander and been doing fine against everything but Quest Mage without any Velen crafted. I mean he's really good, but not necessary.

Velen for the OTK, but you could take more of a grinder approach and do fine.

You probably want N'Zoth or Benedictus in that case.

Hycran

Banned
It's optimal, but I don't think it's necessary as there are a lot of end game value cards that could take that slot.

Elise, Lich King, Medivh/MC package, even Obsidian Statue would be decent.

You don't need Velen really at all. I've been running Highlander and been doing fine against everything but Quest Mage without any Velen crafted. I mean he's really good, but not necessary.

Velen for the OTK, but you could take more of a grinder approach and do fine.

You probably want N'Zoth or Benedictus in that case.

It's worth pointing out I've never lost to a priest and been like, wow if only he didn't draw Velen! It's usually donezo by that time anyways.

I'll probably try A card generator like LC to get extra damage for the machine gun. Will have to see. Anyone want to copy pasta their list?

Vellen is mostly for control match ups, but it's also really good with spirit lash since it doubles the damage, then doubles that again for the healing. Hit four targets you heal for 4x2x2 = 16.

Fewr

Blizzard is extremely adamant at putting things on sale, the last time I saw a promo was the ungoro pack promotion where they gave 30% in packs. I don't remember any more promos from them
I hope they do the same +30% for KFT. I'm saving my $$ for that.

bronkonagurski

Gold Member
Is keleseth really that good that people are playing decks without eviscerate?

I mean if you are going to play that style of deck, your dream is getting Keleseth in your opening hand or one of your early draws. Having eviscerate in your deck can easily kill that dream. You don't want him in hand early and have to wait however many turns to draw other cards out of your deck to activate him.

ZeroX03

Banned
Screen recording works really well on iOS 11 to capture HS gameplay (I rarely bother playing on PC). Shame it caught me losing a field full of evolved 7 drops getting double Pint Sized into Shadow Word: Horror but at least it looks and sounds nice?

HAHAHAHA, YOU THINK YOU ARE FUNNY BLIZZARD?

SO
HvnaqkD.jpg

GODDAMN

FUNNY?

Miletius

Got to rank 5 today, so been messing around. Quest Rogue didn't do well at HCT, but it's actually pretty fun to play and (mostly) stomps the control decks running around at this level.

scarlet

Just had the closest match against aggro rogue with razakus priest.

I was down to 4 with no board and he had hydra. I played lyra into pint size and got death. And after that I drew spirit lash and with Velen on hand and 4 minions on hoard I got back to 20.

I wish I recorded that. I was pretty sure I was dead.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
"Hey Priest probably shouldn't be able to kill off a turn 4 Twighlight Drake this should be fine"

*Pint Sized Potion into SW:p*

why

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
how do we still not have spell taunt in this game?

MUST be targeted by spells.

Bolf Ramshield and Mayor Noggenfogger can kinda do a similar effect, but a full spell taunt could be nice. Maybe on a 6 mana 2/6.

What if Mayor Noggenfogger is the answer to the priest meta?

They really should have swapped the Rogue and Priest DK hero powers in the design phase. Priest would have copying cards they play which feeds into their resource generation theme (shadow visions, glimmeroot, thoughtsteal etc.) and Rogue gets rewarded for playing multiple cards in a turn with additional reach and combo damage. And it would have the added benefit of Priest not being broken with Raza. Ah well.

Miletius

They really should have swapped the Rogue and Priest DK hero powers in the design phase. Priest would have copying cards they play which feeds into their resource generation theme (shadow visions, glimmeroot, thoughtsteal etc.) and Rogue gets rewarded for playing multiple cards in a turn with additional reach and combo damage. And it would have the added benefit of Priest not being broken with Raza. Ah well.

Rogue would probably be doubly broken with cantrips though, TBH. I think it would be way worse than priest, since rogue is kinda built on the idea that you have a lot of low cost spells in your deck -- and ways to reduce the higher costing spells.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Rogue would probably be doubly broken with cantrips though, TBH. I think it would be way worse than priest, since rogue is kinda built on the idea that you have a lot of low cost spells in your deck -- and ways to reduce the higher costing spells.

But no way to reduce the cost of the hero power.

Pooya

No way. If the hero power cost 2 it's not very good. Besides unlike priest, rogue has no healing or board clears, you could smash face and win.

Miletius

But no way to reduce the cost of the hero power.

I suppose that's true. That means rogues maybe wouldn't have as much burst, perhaps.

I guess rogue might be less bursty but more consistently high damage over multiple turns. A max burst combo wouldn't even use the hero power that much, which is maybe why they opted to not give rogue the hero power.

If they had given rogue the power they shoulda called it "throw dagger" or something like that.

Rogue DK is absolutely perfect. Second coolest DK in the game, and so appropriate.

Priest should have gotten the Warlock hero power, and Shadowform should have buffed the damage.

Uther should have given you Frostmourne. Four Horsemen was a neat idea, but it turns out to be bad outside of the OTK combo. Maybe it should have let you Adapt every time you summon a squire through your HP or something to make it more interesting and fit into his current decks. IDK.

Jaina hero power should freeze the target. It would have been interesting for her hero power to reduce Max health by 1 instead of deal damage. Basically make her ping unhealable. Would have interesting implications in a long term burn deck.

Warlock should have been about Discard so they can stop making cards for Discard and move on. The double demon dump is extremely lame. I liked their design that had ALL spells cost health from now on, but you heal for three whenever something dies. Very fun and different, and would have brought back Malylock.

how do we still not have spell taunt in this game?

MUST be targeted by spells.
Sounds hard to code for. Spells have to target it? What about spells that can't target it? Now you have to write all these exceptions.

I don't get it?

It wants you to play priest?
The joke is that I hate Priest more than anything else in Hearthstone, but I keep getting their legendaries. Vsajs or whatever his name is was my only pre-order legendary, but I dusted him.

Pooya

just out high rolled a raza priest. Went second kept coin, had bully on 5, beardo in hand and of course kept Uther. Clean win at 10. Take that priest. Feels good man. Honestly the deck is ok right now, I have 100 percent winrate against hunter. I can't see hunter sticking around in the meta, people just want to beat priest/druid and there are not really that many druid worth targeting right now. It's not even that good against priest.

Of course it's a good hero power even without Raza. The value is insane.

No, it's okish, I'd say it is easily weaker than garrosh and malfurion hero power. It's very hard to fit cards and hero power in one turn when each of them cost 2. You're not going to get much value out of that.

The 4 horsemen needed to have some abilities instead of being generic 2/2s. Or if they didn't have abilities they shouldn't require you to have 4 different ones but just 4 total.

The hero power would have been great if Uther was the only dk but it gets trounced by every other DK instead and Fatigue isn't a realistic wincon these days anyways.
No, it's okish, I'd say it is easily weaker than garrosh and malfurion hero power. It's very hard to fit cards and hero power in one turn when each of them cost 2. You're not going to get much value out of that.
at the worst it's a Truehearted Mage Hero Power or Hunter Hero Power which is good to bonkers depending on the circumstances and deck.

fertygo

I bully every aggro deck / midrange deck with control pally, I bet its still the case with more hunter out there,,

and honestly I can fatigue Jade Druid if I draw my Geist, its the priest that unwinnable

People that think Uther is worst DK is out of their mind btw

Pooya

yeah but nobody ever played justicar in mage or shadwoform. It's not worth it if you're just getting 2 damage. Anduin would still be played for the stupid battlecry, the hero power is ok but it's not game ending when it cost 2. It's too fair. I'm not saying it's bad, it's still value but it's certainly closer to the bottom of DKs if you just look at the hp. That's fine, priest has nearly endless value if they want.

Pooya

Against control he can be weak but that weapon is auto concede for hunters or any aggro/burn deck. The weapon is probably worth 8 mana by itself. It's true, the hp is rarely a factor in this meta, 2 years ago I'd say it was great. It will have his time, maybe next year. Who knows, maybe they give otk portion more support like they gave quest mage more support.

fertygo

Pingpingho keep playing despite he clearly fucking lose because not Dead man his armorsmith

just effing concede bro

One person should be able to coldlight oracle like 7+ times in a single turn if they're using bring it on that many times.

Pingpingho keep playing despite he clearly fucking lose because not Dead man his armorsmith

just effing concede bro

Why would armorsmith be relevant? You know the game ends after 45~ rounds or something and it's a tie.

Another factor could be that he is trying to keep his hand small enough so he never has the chance to burn DMH.

fertygo

Why would armorsmith be relevant? You know the game ends after 45~ rounds or something and it's a tie.

Another factor could be that he is trying to keep his hand small enough so he never has the chance to burn DMH.

Pretty sure Blizzard already made rules for it, in NA HCT they state the one with highest total armor win

I assume same ruling also apply here because its also Blizzard's tournament

and player clearly made gameplan around that

Pingpingho absolutely clueless to how to play this mirror btw

Pretty sure Blizzard already made rules for it, in NA HCT they state the one with highest total armor win

I assume same ruling also apply here because its also Blizzard's tournament

and player clearly made gameplan around that

Pingpingho absolutely clueless to how to play this mirror btw

I never heard that rule. Seems stupid lol, but I guess necessary to avoid replaying the same thing over and over.

I think pingpingho is playing to win, not to draw.

edit:
Wow, every time he dirty rats his opponent is losing a card to put back into his deck with DMH.

uhh he lose lol

Huh? he did? Well I guess he ran out of time? I saw his opponent explode

Well that is weird, but I think he did have a winning strategy but perhaps didn't execute it fast enough? Either way I think he knew what he was doing. You could see his opponent was going to lose if he had more time.

Top Bottom