• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT10| Ultimate Infuriation

Well both is exploding because "tie"

Okay fair enough. I wasn't paying attention to his own portrait when it happened. But you could see if he had more time he was guaranteed to win. His opponent only had 2 armorsmiths left and eventually his opponent would only have 2 cards, both dead man's hand. And since fatigue damage doesn't reset he would have died in about 17~ fatigue hits and he is drawing 5-7 cards per turn, so about 3 turns.

edit:
Honestly, 5 more turns and I think he definitely could have killed his opponent even at 500-550 health.

wiibomb

I'm a weird person, probably. I'm taking a huge satisfaction in helping some people with the ropes of the game. each time I add someone new who wants to complete a FaF on reddit, I end up helping with whatever they need to learn or need to complete since they are usually on low ranks and still learning the game.

Hycran

Banned
After playing the game for basically it's entire existence, I finally got my first Savagery. Thanks weekly free pack mode!

manhack

It doesn't feel like the nerfs made too Much if a difference.

Even the warleaders nerf seems to not have changed things

Do you mean it hasn't changed the meta or it hasn't changed the powerlevel of the decks your are facing?

(I don't have much playtime this week so haven't experience the new meta yet)

wiibomb

I haven't seen much druid lately, but the ones I've seen are really delayed because of the innervate changes, no more UIs on 6 mana or even 5, they really need to have at least 7 mana to play that card and that has been a lot of difference for me, they are much slower now.

I'm a weird person, probably. I'm taking a huge satisfaction in helping some people with the ropes of the game. each time I add someone new who wants to complete a FaF on reddit, I end up helping with whatever they need to learn or need to complete since they are usually on low ranks and still learning the game.
I don't think it's weird. I really enjoy helping people learn how to play fighting games since I know it's one of the hardest genre to get into.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"

Warleader nerf was one of the few where they used a scalpal rather than a hammer. I didn't think it would kill it. Murlocs are still the best openers for Paladin.

The warleader nerf at least partially fixed some murlocs not getting the appropriate stat penalty associated with the tribal synergy. Rockpool is still crazy, but things like Vilefine Inq being a 1/3 are less absurd now when buffed.

wiibomb

I don't think it's weird. I really enjoy helping people learn how to play fighting games since I know it's one of the hardest genre to get into.

that is literally the only genre I just can't... holy shit I've never understood how to play a fighting game properly. Street Fighter is a special kind of hell, lol.

Do you mean it hasn't changed the meta or it hasn't changed the powerlevel of the decks your are facing?

(I don't have much playtime this week so haven't experience the new meta yet)

Powerlevels.

Faced someone that put keleseth in pirate warrior. I thought it was genius.

Pooya

Nerfs definitely made a big difference. Dunno what you're seeing.

There is no way jade druid is still tier 1 btw, it loses to every high tempo deck now. Innervate nerf is huge, very big impact on powerlevel of every druid deck.

wiibomb

Powerlevels.

it's clever, I'll give you that, but the deck sacrifices more for keleseth than just leaving the decks as it is. with keleseth it becomes a lot more like a midrange pirate warrior, which is too slow for the archetype.

Speaking of Keleseth, figured I'd share a fluke I just remembered when I first started playing my current Hunter deck. Used to have Stitched Trackers and at one point I picked Keleseth because it helped me perfectly curve out, and it took me a moment to figure out why his effect didn't trigger.

manhack

Powerlevels.

I've done that myself, but didn't have time to test it out :(

I was thinking after the nerf I wanted to run all the nerfed decks just to see what would happen, but I figure everyone is doing that anyway until streamers/pro's figure the meta out for them.

Went back to Silence Priest and it's doing surprisingly well so far.

Almost lost to a Jade Druid but Potion of Madness on his Jade Spirit was enough for lethal.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
I am surprised how powerful murlocs are remaining after the nerfs. I recrafted my Warleaders already and am running a Murloc Paladin with some success.

Hycran

Banned
Warleader Nerf is huge.. its made murloc board easier to punish really

I am surprised how powerful murlocs are remaining after the nerfs. I recrafted my Warleaders already and am running a Murloc Paladin with some success.

The real Reason they nerfed MLWL was because his health aura effect fucked up some of the interactions in the game. The fact is though that murlocs spiral out of control due to things like divine shields and windfury, not buffs to their health. As long as Tide hunter is still good murlocs will continue to be strong.

The real Reason they nerfed MLWL was because his health aura effect fucked up some of the interactions in the game. The fact is though that murlocs spiral out of control due to things like divine shields and windfury, not buffs to their health. As long as Tide hunter is still good murlocs will continue to be strong.
Then why didn't they change the Pirate leader or Stormwind Champion?

manhack

These were the last 2 classic Legendaries I needed in one Tavern Brawl pack!

9Hogzdz.jpg

How many quests did I craft last expansion? Just quest rogue. And I already dusted that thing. I dusted 1-2 other quests too (hunter and I think warlock).

How many death knights did I craft this expansion? 4. And opened 3. I am only missing only druid and mage.

Death Knights >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> quests.

They changed warleader cause murlocs were too strong for them to add new cards to the murloc set in future sets. They were too strong at the time too, but they chose warleader over a newer card like megasaur cause megasaur will eventually rotate and you might run into the same issue with murloc being too strong in the future, thus limiting what you can print there.

They chose to nerf the health buff, over some other change with warleader because of the stuff like finja and equality being weird interactions. They didn't choose to nerf warleader because of the weird interaction, they just chose that way to nerf because of that.

How many quests did I craft last expansion? Just quest rogue. And I already dusted that thing. I dusted 1-2 other quests too (hunter and I think warlock).

How many death knights did I craft this expansion? 4. And opened 3. I am only missing only druid and mage.

Quests sounded so neat...but they turned out to be a very linear and uninteresting affair for the most part, and I think me and a lot of other people underestimated the impact of effectively starting at -1 card.

Warlock Quest still excites me to think about. I can't tell you how many times I have almost crafted it and then stopped myself because I know it's a bad decision. -_-

Because of the unique interaction where Finja would summon warleader and survive.
Oh, that one is extra bad - true. I dislike how health auras work in this game in general, though.

They changed warleader cause murlocs were too strong for them to add new cards to the murloc set in future sets. They were too strong at the time too, but they chose warleader over a newer card like megasaur cause megasaur will eventually rotate and you might run into the same issue with murloc being too strong in the future, thus limiting what you can print there.

They chose to nerf the health buff, over some other change with warleader because of the stuff like finja and equality being weird interactions. They didn't choose to nerf warleader because of the weird interaction, they just chose that way to nerf because of that.
They mentioned the weird interaction among their reasons, though.

Fewr

Warlock Quest still excites me to think about. I can't tell you how many times I have almost crafted it and then stopped myself because I know it's a bad decision.
Kibler was playing with it today. I didn't watch because I was working so I can't say how well he did.

Cat Party

Kibler was playing with it today. I didn't watch because I was working so I can't say how well he did.

He did great, actually. 57% win rate at legend or something like that. He went full howlfiend and it worked. You can complete the quest so fast that way, and many decks have no answer to the portal.

ZeroX03

Banned

Almost all of the Death Knights have their place. Pretty well done all things considered. I probably wouldn't dust any of them except Garrosh and maybe Valeera.

rahji

I got a nice brawl pack with 2 epics I never had. But sadly no shield slam or brawl. I really miss those 2 cards but I don't want to craft them.

Tunoku

I replaced Rat Pack with Bear Shark and it's definitely the better choice atm. Don't have to worry about Potion of Madness and sometimes you just solo people with it.

ZeroX03

Banned
Bearshark's main problem is that Hunter has a bunch of great 3 drops. It's a solid card in Hunter's most competitive spot.

that's a bad gauge to evaluate cards by as it emphasizes generically powerful cards.

I crafted quest rogue and would have crafted quest mage if I didn't open one finally. They are unique types of cards making for very unique decks, unlike the unique type of cards that are DKs that don't make for unique decks.
Quests are flawed, the tempo and card loss was just too great too overcome for all but the most powerful ones and some were outright garbage like The Last Kaleidosaur.

DKs I'd wager will become quite annoying over the next 2 years, they warp the game around themselves to a major degree without leaving any counter play just like quests but they slot into decks that are much more powerful all around.

Hycran

Banned
Bearshark's main problem is that Hunter has a bunch of great 3 drops. It's a solid card in Hunter's most competitive spot.

If every hunter deck runs two animal companions, I think it's fair to say that you can sub it out for bear shark and be happier every time. I stopped running AC in my midrange decks before KOTFT because it never is what you need it to be and isn't even that great on 3.

Also just hit rank 5 with priest. Damn razakus priest is just too strong. I was trying my best to ladder with mill warlock but it just doesn't get you there. Now that I'm rank 5 I can pick up the last 30 games I need for golden lock and then I only have rogue and priest. Should be easy to win lots of priest games in the next two or three months and then I'm dreaming that rogue will be top tier next expac elegiggle

Top Bottom