• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT8| Elise's Extremely Irresponsible Field Trip To Un'Goro

Status
Not open for further replies.

jgminto

The problem with targeting Totems or Recruits with her is that it's really going to suck when you topdeck them in the late game.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
It seems like the scenarios where Barnes doesn't work better, even in meme decks, are going to be pretty slim.

I still say the only way this ever sees play is if Blizzard prints a card that does something really good when you draw it. Because this is a neutral option that allows you to shuffle cards back into your deck.

Pooya

Ok here is the combo.

Aviana. -> Forgotten King -> Play some stuff -> Madam Goya on the king -> Nourish into Nourish and King -> Play King -> Nourish.

works every time.

or you can just play brewmaster instead...

----

edit: actually there is one legit use for it I guess. You use that new 1 mana priest spell and control opponent's minion, then goya it in your deck. but you might pull a card you don't want to play.

We're still missing a healbot. Mistress of mixtures or whatever is nice but we need a solid card to stave off the dumb "everything go face and hope I topdeck lethal" thing I scarcely would call a strategy.

wiibomb

I love that card... disregarding if it is good or bad, it is just a weird gimmicky card...

I want to see how much weird things it can pull of. Of course this card has a problem with any battlecry minion, so there is still some testing that should be made to see how actually good it can be

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
I played against a token/divine shield paladin that played the equality package. I found that really strange for some reason.

Asbel

XZrX9te.jpg

This card doesn't say random?

V-Faction

Do the Dopplegangster clones counter as a another Dopplegangster? If they fail to kill all 3, the turn 6 play could seem rather nice, provided each one is an EXACT duplicate.

Portugeezer

Do the Dopplegangster clones counter as a another Dopplegangster? If they fail to kill all 3, the turn 6 play could seem rather nice, provided each one is an EXACT duplicate.

Yes, which means turn 6 Evolve will be insane.

3 random 6 drops from empty board for 6 mana?... seems good... so yeah, Evolve Shaman will be fun...

I think evolve is pretty meh before dopplegangsters, and I think it'll remain pretty meh after it. Unless shaman have additional ways of making dopplegangsters worth of playing, I don't think dopplegangsters will even be worth playing in an evolve deck. I guess the potential is always there in the future... but right now? I don't see why shaman would play FON just for evolve.

Brann + dopple + evolve is a bit cheeky though.

V-Faction

Yes, which means turn 6 Evolve will be insane.

3 random 6 drops from empty board for 6 mana?... seems good... so yeah, Evolve Shaman will be fun...

Yes, that's definitely good, but I'm asking specifically in relation to Goya. There's some card art posted a few pages back that shows what the Clones look like, but I can't confirm if the text is official or not.

Basically, I'm wondering if you can Battlecry the tokens (obviously you can - but with the same mechanics) or will you need to rely on the original. If you can target any of the 3 minions in order to summon them again, I'd say that's a worthwhile combo.

Probably works with Brewmasters, too.

EDIT: To put it in Futurama terms, when I lay down Universe A, do I get Universe B + C, or do I get Universe 1 and Universe 1`?

Toast is know to have played that silly Barnes Y'Shaarj deck right? I've got it;
1. Play Druid
2. Ramp to 5 mana
3. Lunar vision pulls Barnes and Goya, reducing them to 2 and 4.
4. Barnes to pull Y'Shaarj, Goya on the 1/1 version
5. 6 mana 27/27
6. Go buy a lottery ticket.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
They want dragons to be costly
Brode didn't say it but i got the sense that they regretted making faerie dragon an actual dragon
I'm pretty sure Brode has actually said just that in interviews, but it could have been another Blizzard employee.

Dahbomb

Another garbage RNG card.
There haven't been that many, this is really the first one in the set that has a potentially large variance.

Most of the other are restricted to hand RNG kinda like Discard mechanic. "Buff random minion in hand" has a very low delta of RNG which means it's more controllable and can be played around better. This is the type of RNG that is acceptable in card games.

Unlike Barnes, people aren't going to throw this card into their deck as a curve card that can high roll into a win. You really need to build a deck around this card otherwise it can low roll and cost you (unlike Barnes where if it low rolls you don't really care).

There haven't been that many, this is really the first one in the set that has a potentially large variance.

Most of the other are restricted to hand RNG kinda like Discard mechanic. "Buff random minion in hand" has a very low delta of RNG which means it's more controllable and can be played around better. This is the type of RNG that is acceptable in card games.

Unlike Barnes, people aren't going to throw this card into their deck as a curve card that can high roll into a win. You really need to build a deck around this card otherwise it can low roll and cost you (unlike Barnes where if it low rolls you don't really care).
I didn't mean "another" in relation to the set, though really all of the gang cards are RNG-based.

Szadek

While there is nothing as bad as barnes or totemic prenref, the rng on the goons is pretty bad, since the difference between hitting right and the wrong cards can be huge.
The new discover cards are also too unpredictable and impossible to play around.

I think evolve is pretty meh before dopplegangsters, and I think it'll remain pretty meh after it. Unless shaman have additional ways of making dopplegangsters worth of playing, I don't think dopplegangsters will even be worth playing in an evolve deck. I guess the potential is always there in the future... but right now? I don't see why shaman would play FON just for evolve.

Brann + dopple + evolve is a bit cheeky though.

I'm going to disagree here. I think Dopplegangster is the card that gives you a real reason to run Evolve. Three six drops at the cost of 6 mana and 2 cards is when you start to get out of the gimmicky phase and start producing real threats.

I think it's going to be a legit combo for Shaman going forward and I don't think you have to fully commit to an Evolve deck either. Plugging that combo into midrange Shaman will be just as dangerous in my opinion.

Welp, we now know every single Paladin card in the new expansion.

Grimscale Chum seems pretty solid for a Murloc deck. Too bad Murloc decks will probably always be mediocre at best.

And yet another nerf to Murloc Knight.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Rank 10 and under in Wild really is well wild. Everyone's deck is stacked full of OP shit. It's down right hilarious. Some of the shit you see man. Even better when you pull out a win against some of this stuff that you have no business besting.

Kettch

Hey, it could be worse. Could be a 4 mana 2/5, Overload 1, draw a card when a murloc dies.

At least this one is playable in a murloc deck.

Szadek

After looking at Murloc cards, I think I can say that the deck will never be a thing,unless they got some really good 2 drops.
The 2 Tidehunters and bluegil warrior aren't going to cut it.
Chum and Tidecaller are a decent start and the 3 mana cards are strong, but they doesn't matter if you don't have a board by time you can play them.

bjaelke

After looking at Murloc cards, I think I can say that the deck will never be a thing,unless they got some really good 2 drops.
The 2 Tidehunters and bluegil warrior aren't going to cut it.
Chum and Tidecaller are a decent start and the 3 mana cards are strong, but they doesn't matter if you don't have a board by time you can play them.

You flood the board with 1 mana murlocs (even got a spell to draw you 3 extra) + there's always the Vilefin Inquisitor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom