• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT8| Elise's Extremely Irresponsible Field Trip To Un'Goro

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dahbomb

If this Grimestreet mechanic ends up making into a top deck as a central theme (like say Paladin) then it's going to create a really unfun experience.

Farewell

Yeah paladin doesn't look fun in this new expansion.

The dream scenario is turn 1 smugglers run into turn 2 double argent minibots which is pretty disgusting.
But overall looks like a low spell many minions with "no brain required" kind of deck. Maybe i'm wrong, who knows, just a first impression for now.

I think we need to wait for all the neutral legendarys to see if something can push other decks.

While OG turned out to be an expansion with a lot of problems, it also had some cool ideas.

I haven't see any of those for this expansion so far. Just rehashes and spinoffs.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Really? 4 secret hunters in a row? That's what we're doing tonight?

edit: Never mind, make that five. The hell?

edit again: also, apparently secret hunter is fucking free to res priest

mmmm this shit feels good

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
ANOTHER hunter, okay so who came out with an article saying hunter is top of the meta?

what is going on?

ANOTHER hunter, okay so who came out with an article saying hunter is top of the meta?

what is going on?

It's a really strong deck. I think Tempostorm said if midrange Shaman wasn't as strong as it is that Secret Hunter would be the best deck in the game. I'm inclined to agree.

fertygo

Pretty sure I farm Hunter on my road to legend at past month with druid

Btw Grime goons mechanic wont ever lead shit to tier 1

zoukka

That murloc is amazing if a murloc deck ever exists for pally.

That panda legendary is a combo card. Combo decks are great so I am happy.

banana daiquiri

Neo Member
They want dragons to be costly
Brode didn't say it but i got the sense that they regretted making faerie dragon an actual dragon

I see. I feel like the whelplings and the little dragons are a success as concepts.

Although, I can see the argument for not diluting the association of dragons with massive power. Slamming down a Faerie Dragon is not exactly epic.

The Mango Sentinel said:
I love Faerie Dragon so much. I've gotten insane mileage out of that card against the weaponless classes. One of my absolute favorite arena cards too.

I'm definitely guilty of priest bias here - no power word shield and no heal on it means it just dies. I tried it in a more tempo oriented deck (including abusive sergeants...) and it wasn't convincing at all.

Has much more merit in warrior etc now that I think about it.

uK033NQ.png
Kabal week incoming?

I'm thinking the Priest Legendary of this set is going to have a silence effect. Maybe silence all other minions, you can even play it in meme purify decks!

Unlikely. And no, they won't. They saw how popular anyfin was so they made mega fin /Kappa

Wonder if they will make a Black Lotus card and make it ludicrously rare.

That's disappointing seeing as I think C'thun decks can be pretty solid. Maybe these buff cards can. Make them better

bjaelke

Will we get new c'thun buff cards?
So we playtest a lot, we take, like, what does Ramp Druid look like? How can we change Ramp Druid as little as possible while making it into C’Thun Ramp Druid? If we miss by a little bit then the C’Thun mechanic is a total wash. And we’re done, because we’re not ever going to add another C’Thun card, so it’s a big mess. And if we miss by a little bit in the other direction, you play C’Thun and he does 30 damage to your face. He’s too powerful, right? It’s a big risk trying to get C’Thun exactly at the right level. We got a little bit lucky because I feel like he’s being seen the right amount. He’s being seen sometimes in tournaments, sometimes on ladder. He’s being seen in a couple of different classes. He feels really good.
http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/06/20/blizzard-on-designing-hearthstoneas-old-gods

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Firebat on the Value Town podcast mentioned a Brann-Dirty Rat -MC Tech wombo combo that I look forward to seeing on a trollden video.

gutshot

Don't know if those cards are any good, but I absolutely love them. The art, the card design, the flavor... awesome.

Turn 4 your opponent has just played solfire and discarded their last card. You play a 4/4 charge. Next turn they top deck void walker, play it, and draw several cards off minions and hero power. You play a 5/5 charge. The turn after that they play coldlight oracle bringing them to 6 cards. You play a 6/6 charge.

See, value every game.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Somebody had fun with the concept but those cards seem pretty bad. Too situational. Spiked Hogrider is the least worst.

FeD.nL

Black Knight is a better combo with Sparring Partner. Nobody does that, though.

Yeah true.

Ah well at the very least these cards will perhaps see some use in some out-of-the box brews (hogleader in a mill deck?). Much better then another cycle of simple power creep.

I kinda want to test secret paladin without noble sacrifice in the coming standard. With the new secret getting a MC back into hand off the secret would be fun. Finley to change the HP as well.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Ok, at least one of those has to be playable. The one that gains charge if the enemy has taunt could be useful.

If Blizard printed a Card that let you discover one of those three cards, now THAT card could be really good.

sibarraz

Banned
Even if the cards in this set are bad, I think that gadgetzan must be my favorite expansion from an art and lore point of view, I love how they went even more "fuck the original source" while at the same time respecting it

Freezing is such a bullshit mechanic. I just played a Pirate Warrior as Tempo Mage where in 8 turns I kept him frozen for 6 of them. He couldn't do shit.

Raxus

I like the new cards. They aren't great by any sense of the word but their effects are all interesting and their art is aces. At least they each have some sort of potential.

Pooya

Hogrider seems like a decent tech against dragon priest and maybe shaman even, it activates by a taunt totem.

The rest are too narrow to be played.

I think hogleader could be a legitimate pick in a control deck looking to gain an edge against a combo deck. A 6/6 charge isn't a joke when you're running a deck that has limited healing and removing a 6/6 isn't easy in itself. It's a tech choice. It's also a good thing they are adding more choice oriented neutral cards rather than generally powerful ones (see naxx/gvg, shredder, sludge belcher, etc).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom