• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT8| Elise's Extremely Irresponsible Field Trip To Un'Goro

Status
Not open for further replies.
Turn 1 STB + Patches. Turn 2 Trogg + Trogg. Turn 3 Jade Claws + Lightning Bolt.

Dropping STB to 1 health is definitely going to matter guys. How will aggro decks ever survive.

Rogue mirror.

Opponent plays Aya off a Burgle. Okay, I can deal with that.

Later, he uses Journey Below and gets another Aya. Lucky, but manageable.

Then he plays his own Aya. At this point I'm Sapping his golems to stay alive.

He plays a fourth Aya from the same Burgle. I concede instantly.

He adds me and actually apologizes for the RNG. I'm not even mad.

scarlet

Rogue mirror.

That was actually nice.

Most of people I've met will non stop BMing me for that RNG.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
"How do you know they're all underpowered? Did somebody go out in the game and pull up the hunters' decks?"

"We control their card pool. It's really not that difficult. All classes are inherently slow and underpowered anyway. They just require an extra overpowered aggro card at the right development stage to make them dominate the meta. We simply deny them that."

"Deny them that?"

"The kind of control you're attempting is, it's not possible. If there's one thing that the history of Hearthstone has taught us it's that Hunter will not be contained. Hunter breaks free. It expands to new territories. It crashes through barriers painfully maybe even dangerously, but, uh, well, there it is."

"There it is."

"You're implying that a class composed entirely of underpowered cards will succeed?"

"No, I'm simply saying that Hunter finds a way."

Of course all of the Paladin/Hunter cards would need to be re-evaluated once we have a meta that isn't so aggro heavy. Technically if you review cards based on meta then pretty much all of the Goon faction cards are 1's and 2's which makes no sense because meta changes but card text/numbers rarely change.
Paladin cards still suck. Looking at their cards in a vacuum that was already apparent before the release of gadgetzan.

patchday

Rogue mirror.

wow 4 Aya the force was truly with him

In 2.5 hours. I'm rooting for my man Zalae.

I want Amnesiac to rematch Pavel heheheheheh (so cheering for him for sho' lol)

JesseZao

Has Kripp hit the dust button yet? Since there is no reason to wait with the changes coming.

I figure he's going to stick with his plan to wait until he has enough dust to craft all goldens.

Maybe he'll do it once the next expansion hits since be won't be getting gadgetzan packs from arena then. He could just craft up to whatever the last expansion is.

wiibomb

Rogue mirror.

That's really nice of him... I couldn't be mad either, it's pure luck and the guy was nice

Dahbomb

I don't think Kripp will ever get all goldens because there will always be new cards to get golden especially now with triple expansions. He was really close with MSG and could have spent some more money on packs to get there.

manhack

I decided to sit down with some Pirate Warrior after not playing it since before MSG came out.

Sure you have some blow out games, but honestly, other than game duration, it doesn't feel any more powerful than some other decks I'm climbing with.

Going to mess with some aggro shaman later. I feel that might be in the best position overall.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Played this Reno Mage vs Dragon Priest game all the way to fatigue. Dragon Priest had Ysera on the board for like 5 turns. Still won, but it was close. Last turn was 2x Fireball into 3 fatigue damage for exact lethal.

Who is Maiev? I'm fairly well versed in Warcraft lore, being a reader of quite a few Warcraft novels, but I haven't heard of him.

On a related note, I'm reading Stormrage and finally Valeera is referenced a few times! She hasn't directly appeared yet, but Broll talks about her being his god daughter, essentially. This book also features Fandral, another character I knew little about.

That was actually nice.

Most of people I've met will non stop BMing me for that RNG.

That's really nice of him... I couldn't be mad either, it's pure luck and the guy was nice

I add people on occasion to compliment them on playing a game especially well, or to talk about crazy plays, unique decks or RNG. Sadly, people rarely accept, because so many people have poisoned the well and make it so people assume you want to bitch or talk shit. =/

butts

I somehow keep running into completely idiotic decks - just played against some Reno Mage with a greedier deck than my Astral Communion Druid. Like how is that even fucking possible.

ScribbleD

That was bonkers. Brann + Kazakus resulting in an 8 damage/3 demons in hand potion.

Brann + Manic Soulcaster on Kazakus shuffles two more Kazakus into deck.

Demon potion gives him Krul, Felguard, and Doomguard.

He then forgets Krul is a highlander and that he has 2 Kazakuses back in his deck.

Love these weird scenarios. Random as hell, but still funny to see.

Ranked is so completely fucked right now. There's really no choice but to play aggro if you want to climb.

thank you everyone this has been my completely new and original hearthstone analysis

manhack

Ranked is so completely fucked right now. There's really no choice but to play aggro if you want to climb.

thank you everyone this has been my completely new and original hearthstone analysis

While I agree the meta is a mess I don't think I agree that aggro is any better off right now. The meta is so all over the place you are just as likely to win more with almost any deck. Aggro has the benefit of being faster, but I think that is about it right now.

There just isn't the "aggro meta" everyone complains about and shamans are just as likely to be slow jade as pure aggro.

Sure you can look at the vS data report and tell me the numbers, but that is not the ladder I live it. Hell my 2nd most faced opponent right now is Priest. More Priests than Warriors and Jade Druid is super popular. Reno warlocks pop up now and then as well.

Ah, that feeling when your Reno opponent has 9 cards left and hasn't drawn Reno yet, and you have lethal after baiting out his Twisting Nether the turn before.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
Yo that pyro on the flame imp play had me hype. That is a great way to relax at home after vacation.

Dayum. This has been some good games.

Zemm

pirate mirror has overtaken freeze mage mirror as the dumbest matchup of all time, what a fucking joke those matches are to watch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom