• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT8| Elise's Extremely Irresponsible Field Trip To Un'Goro

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dahbomb

Made top 8 in that HS tournament (winning two sets). It was last hero standing format so my Renolock carried except for last set where it lost to a Jade Druid (and then I scummed the Druid with Shaman).

Top 8 is tomorrow and I am in winners. I did make one critical misplay though, wasn't punished.

Pavel was lucky im skilled
angrybaby.jpg
-Amnesiac 2017

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Our Re-Review stream is finished. YouTube links coming soon.

Here's the summary Google Doc. It includes the initial ratings from me and Dahbomb, as well as our final re-review score and the GAF and Reddit averages. Blasts are highlighted Yellow.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1SMzrdUuM88LEK2y9SAmP0x5WOAitVz9-vbN9puHj-uk/edit?usp=sharing

And here's the doc with the prediction scores from individual gaffers.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1qznrQld02E0R9VZeogCeY_kejaoGd3WCffy9ga_6kqU/edit?usp=sharing

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
EDIT: Crap, calculations were right, data somehow wasn't. One sec

Dahbomb

Control Warrior is god damn garbage.

*8-2 match up against Kazakus decks. Mage has Manic to duplicate Kazakus and Renolock always spanked Control Warrior.

*10-0 match up against Jade Druid (yes you see plenty of these online). Worst match up in the game ever, worse than Freeze Mage vs CW.

*Still lose to Dragon Priest because DrakOP chains and them getting massive dragons off Netherspite.

*Lose to any Shaman deck that is not pure Aggro Shaman especially Jade Shamans.

*Lose to Miracoli Rogues still.

*Lose to Tempo Mage if you run into one.

*You win against Pirate Warrior 70% of time but when you lose that 30% against PW or Aggro Shaman you want to quit the deck instantly.

Tomorrow I am bringing Jade Druid to counter Reno Mage and some of those fools running CW and banning out Shaman like I usually do.

Szadek

Ok, fixed up the rankings, in case anyone curious about how much they align with ZealousD and Dahbomb's re-review.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1zfmhQsRd7U8xUjhMENd_UNDMLIqnn8_F55N_aApBsEc/edit?usp=sharing

Szadek's average miss was in pretty in line with the reviewers, and BananasWithGuns is the only one with no misses greater than 1.5.

Again, assuming the ZealousD and Dahbomb's re-review scores are right.
Oh Nice. I didn't new I was doing this well.
Can we do this again next time?
I'm wondering how long I can keep this up without actually playing the game anymore.

Golems are cancer, I don't know why this mechanic was put into the game

Probably one of the worst mechanics they put into the game period. I mean what were they even thinking with this? They basically "deleted" any control decks from existence because it's basically an unwinnable matchup.

I'm wondering how long I can keep this up without actually playing the game anymore.

Seconded for doing it again, or making it a regular thing for that matter.

Also wouldn't mind seeing .5 intervals added as well. Allows for a little more nuance in the predictions.

Sheroking

It really bothers me how the Jade Golem archetype cleared Hearthstone QA.

"Well, we have a years long problem with runaway aggro in our game. How do we address this?"

"How about we make a deck archetype that almost can't possibly lose to control".

"Genius!".

I've beaten jade plenty of times with control decks.

Of course it's possible to beat jade with control decks. I am not saying it's impossible. But it's mostly only possible with Reno style control decks anyway. I don't like the fact that the only "viable" control decks in this meta are Renokus decks of which there are only 3. And I get that this will only really be a problem if it fully becomes a jade centric meta. Still, that possibility scares the living hell out of me.

Sheroking

I've beaten jade plenty of times with control decks.

I regularly out tempo jade with comboless Renolock and I don't even play Mountain Giant.

I mean... congrats?

Renolock has a mechanic to kill them from 20 life. No control Warrior, Priest or Paladin is going to be able to handle Jade Druid's giant list of huge threats with ANY regularity.

It's well known to be nearly 10-0 for all decks that aren't able to tempo out.

Grinding out 5 warlock wins on the tavern and I finally got renounce darkness out of my deck which I put in for a laugh. used it but then was against a mage who 4 turned me with spells :(

I mean... congrats?

Renolock has a mechanic to kill them from 20 life. No control Warrior, Priest or Paladin is going to be able to handle Jade Druid's giant list of huge threats with ANY regularity.

It's well known to be nearly 10-0 for all decks that aren't able to tempo out.
Did you miss the 'comboless'? No 20 damage from hand needed.

Paladin can tempo play Truesilver is 8 damage from hand each, peacekeepers make trading a non priority, keeper can be 2 damage from hand. Tirion closes games.

Paladin's early game just sucks for both aggro and midrange and control is actively impossible for the class imo.

Fuck priest. You know what was a 10-0 match up before, NZOTH Pally vs Priest and priest sucked at the time.

Sheroking

Did you miss the 'comboless'? No 20 damage from hand needed.

Paladin can tempo play Truesilver is 8 damage from hand each, peacekeepers make trading a non priority, keeper can be 2 damage from hand. Tirion closes games.

Paladin's early game just sucks for both aggro and midrange and control is actively impossible for the class imo.

Fuck priest.

Murloc Paladin loses horribly to Jade Druid. Clocking them in the face with everything is a nice idea but by the time you can do that they're summoning 10 damage worth of stats or more a turn and you only have two board wipes.

Rushing it down with Truesilver is kind of a silly concept anyway because that deck has taunts and 16 heal, and is likely to draw it. You have two board wipes. Knowing when to push damage is the only reliable way to beat them but they often don't give you the advantage, and again, taunts and heal.

Murloc Paladin loses horribly to Jade Druid. Clocking them in the face with everything is a nice idea but by the time you can do that they're summoning 10 damage worth of stats or more a turn and you only have two board wipes.

Rushing it down with Truesilver is kind of a silly concept anyway because that deck has taunts and 16 heal, and is likely to draw it. You have two board wipes. Knowing when to push damage is the only reliable way to beat them but the match heavily favors them.

Combo can get them, good Druids will play around it. Jade Shaman barely counts because that deck is aggressive and they often get past 7/7 or so in stat-line.
You were talking about control before and while that's a mode anyfin can play, it's not a control deck. You could play more board clears you don't because you're all in on a combo deck with murlocs. You're dedicating up to 7 slots not counting draw to find it just for anyfin.

It's the best paladin deck still, what little that means.

Pooya

oh hey, let's play some reno mage, it should be good...

jade druid
jade shaman
dragon priest
holy shit batman, some crazy ramp druid with madam goya and soggoth....

Now the silly part was actually this... he played goya on his damaged soggoth, it put Y'shaarj into play... which pulled soggoth...

wtf was this.... I don't know how on earth I won that game, should have run the overlay to save the replay. I want to again myself... didn't even get kazakus to carry me, I just alex'd him, his rag went face, something like that.

I said forget reno mage, let's play rogue, people are crazy today... get pirate warrior with perfect curve.

Dahbomb

Only control decks with definite win conditions can win against Jade Druid. Those fatigue style Warrior decks are definitely not going to cut it.

I actually think that CW vs Jade Druid is 9-1. The Jade Druid has to misplay a ton for the CW to win. The 10% chance is only through Alex/Gorehowl/Grommash suprise kill.

Even control warrior can win, making it not unwinnable, but I'm not even talking about CW, let alone control decks that must win via fatigue. I have a decent winrate against them with control paladin for example, not even getting into reno decks which I know certainly this issue is being exaggerated with.

We're also talking about at least 3 different jade decks.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"

Dahbomb and I still plan on doing reviews for at least the near future, so I'll keep doing streams if you guys want to setup the Google Docs.

Dahbomb

Even control warrior can win, making it not unwinnable, but I'm not even talking about CW, let alone control decks that must win via fatigue. I have a decent winrate against them with control paladin for example, not even getting into reno decks which I know certainly this issue is being exaggerated with.

We're also talking about at least 3 different jade decks.
It's only Jade Druid and Jade Shaman. Jade Rogue isn't a real thing. The Druid and Shaman have variations to them. The Jade Druid I am talking about is the one that is card cycle heavy with Auctioneer making it so that they always out ramp and out draw control decks. Jade Shaman is a tier 1 deck anyway and while it may not auto win against stuff it's still favored against a wide variety of the field.

Jade Druid wins against Renolock that doesn't have combo but is evenish against Combolock. Jade Shaman wins against both but by a small margin.

Jade Druid wins against Reno Mage with against absurd winrate if it's the non burn type. The burn type has a much better chance. Jade Shaman beats both of the Reno Mage type but slightly.

CW loses 9-1 to Jade Druid and loses to Jade Shaman too just not nearly as bad.

Anyfin Paladin can win against Jade Druid but has against tougher time against Jade Shaman.

That's all the decent control/combo decks in the game. So while it's not an auto win for Jade against every control deck, it's still in their favor. This is how the pros build their anti anti meta line up too, where they bring two Jade decks plus Dragon Priest to counter the anti aggro decks like Reno Mage and CW.

Anyway this whole thing started with my CW rant. I don't think Jade decks are a problem yet but CW certainly sucks in the meta right now. If you bring CW to a tournament line up you are rolling the dice trying to match up against someone bringing three aggressive decks where unlike ladder not everyone has all aggro decks (except Muzzy).

Tagyhag

There's something inherently satisfying about beating someone who's using a netdeck with a crappy deck made just for Class Card quests.

Especially when you do it with a do or die top deck.

manhack

my last four arena runs have been 0-3

I am about to shit a fucking brick

Sometimes you just get shitty drafts, shitty luck and bad match-ups. I'm up for watching you do a run if you want.

Feel free to add me to friends: manhack#1706 on all regions, just let me know what region you are in.

... I am.

Sometimes it feels like the opponent has all the cards to counter me, no matter how good my curve is, I even had this priest who played 4 Talonpriest consecutively, like how the fuck do you get those 4 and draw them at the beginning of the game, that's such bs.

Maybe I hate myself, but I am enjoying farming coins in this week's Brawl. I got close to 100 coins each day it has been available. An extra 4 or 5 Un'Goro decks will be worth it... maybe.

Sometimes I dont have to do anything as a Paladin plays almost his whole deck, ends turn with 1 health and concedes.

It's better than playing Ladder anyway :p

fertygo

Btw Chakki play a lot of arena recently to enter in leaderboard because his ladder achievement on past month is very terrible and wanna refresh thing up.. he not get to prelims due to this

And his winrate is sick.. so hè can present case what happened is pro constructed player tryharding in arenas.. he also said he has not play arenas in years..

scarlet

Btw Chakki play a lot of arena recently to enter in leaderboard because his ladder achievement on past month is very terrible and wanna refresh thing up.. he not get to prelims due to this

And his winrate is sick.. so hè can present case what happened is pro constructed player tryharding in arenas.. he also said he has not play arenas in years..

CMIIW hafu and ratsmah made a new account for arena for leaderboard.

squidyj

that last game was the dumbest fucking thing i've ever seen in my life.
Jikininki's match win was deserved but... that fucking game.

Probably one of the worst mechanics they put into the game period. I mean what were they even thinking with this? They basically "deleted" any control decks from existence because it's basically an unwinnable matchup.

Golems are cancer, I don't know why this mechanic was put into the game

I remember when this thread threw hot fire at me for calling Jade Golems a back mechanic, lol. Feels good to be justified.

manhack

Warriors, Hunters and even Rogues running Finja on Ladder.

Imagine what things might look like after the nerfs. Still going to be Shamanstone, I think, but might see a few classes have a chance at being ladder viable.

It also figures the one zoolock I see this week is going to highroll the hell out of me. Will be interesting to see if zoo can make a comeback post nerf too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom