• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT8| Elise's Extremely Irresponsible Field Trip To Un'Goro

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Summoning 10 Murlocs is really easy, you can fill that quest out by turn 5.

Turn 1 whatever turn 1 Murloc, Turn 2 that Murloc that summons 2 Murlocs. Two random Murlocs on turn 3, Call in the Finishers on turn 4.

You forgot to play the quest.

Dahbomb

You forgot to play the quest.
Going second turn 1 Quest, coin 1 mana Murloc.

Like duh...

Totally forgot about the quest LOL!

I think if you manage to get a Call in the Finishers in your opening hand you can realistically play that quest card by turn 6-7.

Tagyhag

I feel like if you got to the point where you got to summon 10 Murlocs, you already won, or some AOE screwed you over completely so its a lost cause.

That said, there is that adapt murloc card so maybe that'll help.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
I feel like if you got to the point where you got to summon 10 Murlocs, you already won, or some AOE screwed you over completely so its a lost cause.

That said, there is that adapt murloc card so maybe that'll help.

I mean isnt that like the reason this thing exists? You rush out murlocs, you get AOE'd but you have this big guy that refills your hand completely. I think its really good.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
If nothing else, the Murloc Quest will be hilarious, *and* a great way to finish the Murloc daily quests.

But yeah, I agree that this could actually give enough steam to finish out the game. Just spamming every Murloc with Paladin and casting the 10 mana card could win some games, but it just came a few turns too late in most scenarios.

C7dFikzU0AAvBhe.jpg

This thing better end up being awesome.
Apparently it Adapts five times.

ZealousD

I dunno. My thought about this card is pretty much the same as all the other quests, which is... do you really want to skip Turn 1? How many times will be mulliganing away your quest because you're running into another damn pirate warrior? As an aggressive murloc deck, are you really fine not dropping Murloc Tidecaller on Turn 1?

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
I dunno. My thought about this card is pretty much the same as all the other quests, which is... do you really want to skip Turn 1? How many times will be mulliganing away your quest because you're running into another damn pirate warrior? As an aggressive murloc deck, are you really fine not dropping Murloc Tidecaller on Turn 1?

I think you make it a judgement call. Against another aggressive deck you probably want to mulligan it for something active. Against a mid range or control deck where you know the game is gonna drag out a bit? Go for it. Doubly easy if you go second in those matchups and can play it and coin a 1 drop.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth

It's either that or the deck doesn't exist.

Dahbomb

If nothing else, the Murloc Quest will be hilarious, *and* a great way to finish the Murloc daily quests.

But yeah, I agree that this could actually give enough steam to finish out the game. Just spamming every Murloc with Paladin and casting the 10 mana card could win some games, but it just came a few turns too late in most scenarios.

Apparently it Adapts five times.
What if that quest is "Use 5 Adapt minions" or something like that?

Also adapt 5 times... so that means you have to pick from 5 options? What if you get repeat options like Divine Shield?

That could create an insane minion.... 8/8 Stealth Divine Shield that can't be targetted by spell LMAO!

ZealousD

Yeah if it adapts 5 different times you sure as hell better pick Stealth or Elusive when they come up.

V-Faction

Tinyfin is leaving as well. Such weird timing with this card, especially since this is the Elemental expansion. I'm betting Mage gets the Elemental Quest card.

Actually, the one link between Murlocs and Elementals funnily enough is NEPTULON and he's stuck in Wild, where there's actually probably enough murloc synergies to create a terrifying deck.

Now then... all you need is a Totem card that summons Murlocs and Elementals (and overloads you) and we'll be set.

wiibomb

my take is that each of these quests requires an entire deck made around the quest, some cards to hopefully play the quest won't cut it.

of course I might be wrong and eventually the quest is implemented in all decks because of the low risks, but even then it might be never be activated before winning the game.. or losing it.

ZealousD

That'd be hella strong. You should be almost guaranteed to hit stealth or shroud (can't be targeted) and +1 health is enough to be out range of felfire and dragonfire potion.

We are talking about a quest reward here. Amara and Megafin aren't exactly fair either.

Szadek

What if that quest is "Use 5 Adapt minions" or something like that?

Also adapt 5 times... so that means you have to pick from 5 options? What if you get repeat options like Divine Shield?

That could create an insane minion.... 8/8 Stealth Divine Shield that can't be targetted by spell LMAO!
14/5 windfurry, stealth.

If you can discover abilties you already have( I guess this is how this going to work), it makes the card quite a lot worse, since often you have to pick a bad or useless skill.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
I imagine you'd usually chuck it unless you have a good Turn 2 turnaround (Maelstrom, maybe Blowgill or Bilefin).

FeD.nL

You rarely want to play Megafin on turn 5 since you then discard one of the (more valuable) cards from your deck. So in turn it doesn't really matter your turn 1 is playing the quest since it's not a race to Megafin anyways.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Yeah adapt five times is amazing.

Imagine not ever being offered elusive.

And the brann synergy in wild....

Can the battlecry silence minion work on elusive targets?

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
If that's true, then we can guess that the paladin quest is going to relate to adapt somehow, maybe.

5 mana 5/5 with Adapt 5 Times is insane. On the level of stuff like 5 mana 8/8 refill your hand with murlocs. So it is fittingly on the level of stuff like the priest quest reward and Megagill.

Dahbomb

what are the odds of not discovering elusive by adapting 5 times? like 5%?

that is an insane card
I don't know how it works.

Like what if you got Divine Shield as an option and picked it... can you get Divine Shield as an option again?

I feel that If you can't get offered adapt options that you have picked then the odds of getting at least one of the adapts that you need is really really high. The last Discover would then only be picking from 6 options.

wiibomb

I don't know how it works.

Like what if you got Divine Shield as an option and picked it... can you get Divine Shield as an option again?

I feel that If you can't get offered adapt options that you have picked then the odds of getting at least one of the adapts that you need is really really high. The last Discover would then only be picking from 6 options.

I think it would work normally every time, you can potentially get +3*5 attack on that galvadon, same as the divine shield, if you chose it, well good luck on the next adapts.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
The flexibility of that paladin quest is kind of nutty.

If it's at all feasible to get done by turn 6 or 7 it seems broken.

Windfury, stealth plus attack? Yikes. Throw a blessing of kings on there next turn and you win.

Getting battered by aggro? Taunt, can't target, plus health.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
It's almost like Zoolock, but for shaman. The primary drawback to cheap cards is running out of them. Take away that and it's pretty powerful. And it's a tempo buff on top of it.

Biggest draw back is skipping turn one, which is pretty significant, and a potentially very week turn 6 or 7 if you run out of steam but haven't quite played enough murlocs to complete the quest. It's reasonable to expect running out of your 8 naturally drawn non-quest cards by turn 6.

That means you need at least two multi-murloc cards to have megafin in hand and ready to play on turn 7. Otherwise you have to hope for your 9th draw on turn 7 to be a 2 mana or less murloc. Which isn't too bad except every drawn non-murloc card puts you even further away, unless it's a draw card. Draw a couple of non-murloc cards and you're basically stuck hoping for exactly call in the finishers.

And murlocs do naturally tend to run out of steam around turn 6 even without the card spent on the quest, so waiting until turn 8 to refill gives the opponent far too much time to regain their footing. It's turn 7 or bust on that quest.

Guess the Shaman legendary pretty much has to be Therazane. I mean, how can you make the Elemental tribe a big part of the expansion and continue to exclude her?

squidyj

So much for the elemental Shaman quest ��

I just realized 'everyfin is awesome' is rotating out... good

no, not good. i dont want a board of fucking 1/1s
oh well I guess I can adapt
all my murlocs.

I wonder if they'll give (some of) the quests for free like they did with C'Thun since they're the main thing for the expansion.

given that they're class cards theyd have to give them all really. so I dont see that happening

Edit: If he adapts 5 times can he get the same adaptation twice?

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I don't think they will give any actual cards away for free. Last expansion would have been perfect for giving away the Tri Class Legendaries (Hell, could have made it "Join a Gang!" and you would get one), and Blizard couldn't even do that.

Best we will get is a few free packs.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
no, not good. i dont want a board of fucking 1/1s
oh well I guess I can adapt
all my murlocs.

given that they're class cards theyd have to give them all really. so I dont see that happening

Edit: If he adapts 5 times can he get the same adaptation twice?

I'll bet every adapt can only be chosen once resulting in a very similar minion every time.

divine shield
can't be targetted by hero powers and spells
+3/+0
+0/+3
Windfury

Sometimes stealth instead of one.

8/8 divine shield, immune to direct spells, windfury... what is not to love about that power.

Stealth to negate BGH possibility too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom