• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT8| Elise's Extremely Irresponsible Field Trip To Un'Goro

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrkSage

What's everyone's opinion on barbabus the stomper?
636265811987444509.png

patchday

hm cant figure out dog's otk mage and cause he been streaming all day non-stop i cant watch the video clips either ;(

must be nice to have all day to stream i guess

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Play Megafin, get Hydrologist. Use Hydrologist to pick Repentance. Enemy Paladin plays Gavaldon, picks a bunch of HP buffs, taunts, can't be targeted by spells. And then Repentance triggered setting it to 1HP. I laughed, he conceded.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Weirdly, I'm undefeated against rogue with Ramp Druid and N'Zoth Shaman.

Got a little lucky with Ysera Awakens one Ramp Druid game, and a Tirion off Tortollan Forager the other game.

Ancestral Spirit/Earth Elemental worked as well as I planned with N'Zoth Shaman.

Dahbomb

I am undefeated as Handlock/Zoolock against Quest Rogue too. But I think at my rank people don't know how to play the deck well. They tend to flood the board right before the quest turn telegraphing their play, I just clear their board. I also keep my taunts around the 5 attack range so that I can Shadowflame it when they try to flood me. After that is wiped they tend to instantly concede.

With Zoo I mulligan away the quest and go hard on them.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I have United the Murlocs 8 times now. I think Megafin could actually work in a less Murloc heavy deck, I usually only play him once my hand is nearly empty.

Celegus

Opened all my packs, only 2 legendaries were Pyros (mage) and Lyra Sunshard (priest). They worth using at all? Mage one doesn't seem great.

I just had a rogue too dumb to get lethal wtf... he had such good draws too. He had prep into quest with stonetusk boars. Maybe he couldn't figure out how to order it all...

I ended up winning when I got mimic pod on southsea deckhand with 2 shadowsteps in hand. And patches of course. 25 damage and he was at 24.

Peléo

Wondering if Sally could work in Quest Rogue. A solid way to recover the board if you can't get a huge Violet Teacher turn.

I also think Barnes is a nice addition if you can squeeze it in.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
I think Giant Anaconda is actually pretty good for ramp.

It has very low health, but that's kinda what you want, because the Deathrattle is the only thing that matters and you want that deathrattle to trigger to get your 6/8 taunt or whatever out. It's like you're already paying 7 mana for bog creeper anyway, so why not add a extra 0 mana 5/3 in front of it?

And sometimes it can act like a double innervate for your Y'Shaarj or something like that.

I know it's early but this expansion seems great and fairly well rounded. I'm certain my opinion will change in a week when I'm playing against nothing but quest rogues, Jade druids and OTK mages but for now I like it.

Dahbomb

hunter quest seems so terrible, lifecoach looks silly now with all that drama he created.
I think the Hunter quest is a few refined iterations away from being pretty good.

I got almost OTK'd by someone getting a Tundra Rhino and then chaining raptors into my face.

I think the way to this Quest Hunter is to not go all in on the 1 drops and instead have a bunch of draw (Starving Buzzard isn't even bad), Tundra Rhino and some other mid game option.

And the way you mulligan is that you mulligan AWAY all of your 1 drops and keep your draw engines. You are favored to get the 1 drops back anyway on the draw and it's not all that great getting the quest activated super fast.

You can easily beat control decks with this, just need to fine tune the deck I think. I definitely see some potential.

Pooya

yeah the builds are probably really bad right now and people play badly too. My opponents get the quest down quickly but they're dead before it can do anything as they have no board.

I think midrange zoolock is probably one of the best decks and I don't see decks like hunter or quest rogue be able to deal with how fast it dumps big stats on board. Time warp mage is obviously very good against it though.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
The only thing with the hunter quest is that making a deck that is all 1 drops and going all in on it doesn't seem like it's that strong.

Which frankly is a good thing because that would be so fucking stupid.

What's everyone's opinion on barbabus the stomper?
636265811987444509.png

I originally thought it hit hand and deck, it only hitting deck is...nope.

Big head scratcher since I don't even see how you would pull off anything all that fun or broken with it. You can't set up any wombo combo reliably since you might pull vital pieces in your hand.

squidyj

today i saw a message i haven't seen in over a year

"you have already earned 100g today"

my quest rogue winrate over 42 games is 71.2%
mages keep getting me.

Nickle

Cool Facts: Game of War has been a hit since July 2013
Taunt Warrior if fun as hell, King Mosh puts in work. Not sure how it'll go against really good decks, though.

I'm not sold on Priest being as bad as everyone says. There are still enough dragons to run Historian and Operative. Operative is still completely broken and Historian gives you Operative damn near every time. Oracle and Glimmerroot are also very, very good from my brief experiences with them.

NBtoaster

Got to rank 10 with this quest druid. It's pretty fun. Went 50-50 against mage and rogue, lost to every pirate and won against every taunt warrior and jade druid.

It's actually not a very slow deck and gets big stuff on the board faster than Jade Druid.
http://i.imgur.com/KSouDsZ.png

sibarraz

Banned
If the rogue quest card ends being good for the entire set, will be the most powerful card that most players in the internet were wrong about it?

sibarraz

Banned
No that honor still remains with Dr Balanced.

Thought that still some streamers thought that it had potential, same with MC. I cant recall anyone defending that quest, but is still too early to say if is good, and it was not the autoinclude of boom was I guess

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Jeez, only pulled the Druid quest.

Honestly pretty bummed looking at deckbuilding, you basically need quests to do anything fun this expansion and that one is not what I was looking for. I guess I'll craft the mage one since it looks fun but I would rather not do anything else like that since a lot of these likely won't even be good once people figure out real decks.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Jeez, only pulled the Druid quest.

Honestly pretty bummed looking at deckbuilding, you basically need quests to do anything fun this expansion and that one is not what I was looking for. I guess I'll craft the mage one since it looks fun but I would rather not do anything else like that since a lot of these likely won't even be good once people figure out real decks.
Elemental shaman doenst require any quests.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom