• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT9| Our raid wiped in Icecrown Citadel

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Of course, my point was that you don´t need to wait weeks for the meta to settle, rogue quest is powerful, very powerful and is safe to craft caverns and to start thinking about how to reliably counter it because in its this deck is not going anywhere without nerfs

Ok, fair enough.

It is crystallized into tier 2 at the very least. Just a question of if it goes higher.

br3wnor

Warrior Quest deck has actually been better than I expected. Granted it's in the scrub ranks, but so far have gone from rank 20-15 w/ a record of 8-3.

It's a pretty fun deck as long as you draw early taunts. Tends to slow down the rush decks and has enough longevity to make it against mid-range ones. Doubt it'll be competative at higher ranks though.

***Ok the Druid quest seems pretty insane. It's pretty much game over as soon as they hit it, right?

Dahbomb

Did you post the list somewhere?

Seems like a cheap deck is be interested in trying out.
sBq3cVc.jpg

I like it. Good against Quest Warrior, Quest Pirate, can actually defend against Pirate Warrior due to all the huge taunts.

Nokagi

Unconfirmed Member
Finding decent success with priest dragon/deathrattle. The amount of cards you end up stealing is pretty impressive. And if you're fighting another priest with about the same kinda deck it gets really crazy.

Went 12-1 with a hand drafted buff heavy Paladin in arena, really good fun! Not having great luck with packs though, 2 legends in 60 odd packs and running out of resources to get more for free. Also got that silly turtle primalist epic 4 times in a row which is lame.

f0lken

You have 4 turns to build up a board, and so turn five you just hit them for a billion damage and build an unbeatable board. Or at least that is the theory.

Backstab and prep and patches and the 3/2 and 2/3 bodies those bounce backs leave behind can make that more difficult though while not really holding back their quest completing at all.

And they can clear the board better than Rogue's have been able to since the bladefury nerf, thanks to cheap charge and bounceback on the charge.

I think he meant against Rogue xD

squidyj

spent 5 games drawing half the cards i needed for rogue quest then a game where I went off with prep quest on turn 4 with 4 minions on board. I'm experimenting with dirty rats right now, i've gotten them out against rogue opponents but they never pull the right thing, I think I should maybe be more conservative with when I play them and hold them for bounce combos in the matchup, they draw eviscerate EVERY time.

Fuck every person who is playing Quest Rogue.

do you need my address?

Pooya

how is it stale? I'm seeing new stuff every game, it's like decks are changing every hour...

If all you get is quest rogue you know what to do...

f0lken

how is it stale? I'm seeing new stuff every game, it's like decks are changing every hour...

If all you is quest rogue you know what to do...

I already am trying paladin quest, yesterday was all rogué but everyone is playing it so I don't like it anymore lol, I´m just trying other decks...

Thats why I will never reeach legend T_T

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Fuck every person who is playing Quest Rogue.

I love every time I see a Quest Rogue. They're the ones I get the vast majority of my wins from.

Zoo will die if everyone plays Taunt Warrior or Elemental Shaman or Handlock or whatever and there's no more rogues to feed on.

Ripenen

Not sure if I'm having fun or not. It's nice that things are different but with discover + adapt being so prevalent it makes the games feel so random.

I fought a mage that used four ice blocks on consecutive turns, then used the quest card and dropped three mage's apprentices and antonidas and then spammed the hell out of 1-cost fireballs.

Dahbomb

Bittertide Hydra is pretty damn good and I have not been punished for it...

But 5 mana 8/8 ain't SHIT when you got 1 mana 5/5 Chargers.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member

Wow, even as handlock? Interesting.

I don't know why I haven't seen it yet. Only reason I haven't used it yet is I don't have one.

Zemm

This is going to be the worst meta yet, calling it now. Quest rogue and quest mage are just as unfun to play against as pirate warrior was/is, mage being even less fun, but at least in previous meta's there were decent decks that would give you games that could reach turn 10. Ben Brode? More like Ben Fraud.

wiibomb

noxious is playing right now a silence priest which has been performing really nice.

The deck seems to be still somewhat early and could use some different cards, but the plant and shadow visions is performing extremely well in conjunction with inner fire - Divine Spirit and Faceless Shambler

SmokedMeat

Gamer™

I tried sticking it in my Priest deck as I hoped to silence it, but Priest is just such a garbage character I can't even last long enough to make use of it.

Ketch

Since I hit 15 that means I can't go back down right? I might try some more discard lock now, anyone been able to make it work?

TankUP

I apologize for my laziness, but can someone link the prerelease spreadsheet? I'm curious where I rated the rogue and mage quests and I can't remember.

Pooya

otk mage instantly loses to dirty rat, that's a very reasonable counter, control decks already run it anyway. Later in the game they are unlikely to have any other minion, so just time it right and it's done.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
j4ckiechan about to reach legend with Tempo Inner Fire Priest.

1/3 into 2/3 that discounts spells into 3/4 that gives 3 health is pretty good. Divine Spirit Inner Fire is the win condition. Also going miricle with Lyra when he's not facing 100% pirate warrior.

Lyra might be my biggest miss at a 1 star. Certainly 3 at least. The thing I forgot with that card was Priest is getting spell discounts now.

f0lken

lol, I got the Rogue legendary from a pack (the plant one) and then I thought of making a meme deck with it...

People have condeded 3 times in a row now, the fear of quest is big right now

peakish

I gave rogue quest a 2? Shit, well, it's not like I know anything of this game in the first place so I'll take that L.

This is my only problem with the Rogue Quest.

If the minions were always 5/5 regardless of buffs or whatever, that would be fine. But as it is, you can't silence them below 5/5, but they CAN go HIGHER.

The whole thing is counterintuitive and contrary to how Hearthstone usually works. You should be able to silence them.
Considering the priest minion that summons 1/1 copies of your minions, Purify Priest could have been a thing if you could silence them.

Grief.exe

This is what I'm running right now. It's dragon with a lot of card thievery stuff. I'm sure it could still use some refinement but I'm both surprised and impressed with how well it's doing for me so far.

curiousdragonscfbbc.png

Trying this out. I only have one Primordial Drake and no Glimmer Roots though.

otk mage instantly loses to dirty rat, that's a very reasonable counter, control decks already run it anyway. Later in the game they are unlikely to have any other minion, so just time it right and it's done.

The mage deck loses to a ton of things LOL. Savjz literally just played Hydrologist into Eye for an Eye against Kolento and then procced the Ice Block at 1. Kolento had no way to win the game.

Maiev unlocked! Are there Rogue decks currently that don't run the quest (and Edwin...)?

I still would wait a few weeks before making a call for nerfs now. Had no problems with Taunt Warrior against Rogue sofar but that could also be attributed to the players at rank 16.

But why do you have to play Jades and make me sad?

You can always make a super slow deck to beat "the deck". This is still a super shit way to play hearthstone.

The problem with ranking the rogue quest was understanding how it worked. I didn't think summoned minions would get it.

You can always make a super slow deck to beat "the deck". This is still a super shit way to play hearthstone.

The problem with ranking the rogue quest was understanding how it worked. I didn't think summoned minions would get it.

It was pretty clear, it says "for the rest of the game your minions are 5/5". It doesn't give them a battlecry or one-time buff, it's clearly an aura, like Warsong Commander.

Not that Hearthstone is the best with consistency and even now there are some weird corner cases with the quest but this one was fairly true to the wording.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
Looks like I'm going to have to drop my dust on these Quest cards. Some are way too overpowered.

Might as well not even play unless you have them.

cackhyena

Blame the game, not the player.
I will distribute my hate equally. Quest Rogue is fucked. It's simply laughable that you have such a low number to hit with the class that has more than one way to recall cards to get to said number so quickly.

Cat Party

The hunter quest is not really any good but the deck still wins because the new beasts are pretty damn good. That 2 mana neutral adapt beast is underappreciated.

I am also enjoying all the people fucking up the Rogue deck by getting the quest triggered on turn 4 but not knowing how to actually win the game from there. I'm sure they'll all figure it out soon.

Mulgrok

My secret mage deck is in its infancy, but it is wrecking the flood of quest rogues I encountered at around rank 15. Potion of polymorph what they are trying to bounce, counterspell whatever, mirror image a 5/5 with charge, ice block to prevent 1 turn lethal. Combine lots of little minions to flood at the start with damage spells to close out the game and rogue just doesn't stand a chance.

Pooya

Does the paladin legendary work on rogue quest minions?

Does humility?

everything works, you can manipulate their stats, it's just all of the creatures have a 5/5 base as soon as they're summoned. You play Leeroy, you give them two 5/5s.

Top Bottom